Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters DLC & Pricing

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Ouuuuuuuccccchhhhhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    My sentiments exactly.
    Yeah, I'm not at all crazy about spending another $50 for the DLC. While I would love to have all the courses right away to implement into career mode, I think I'm gonna hold off on buying any of the DLC courses until they show up in a one day sale or Deal of the Week on Live (if they ever do). Way too many games that have come out in the past 6 months, and releasing sometime over the next couple months, for me to justify spending $50 on DLC instead of towards one of those too many games.

I feel dirty. Just picked up a $20 PSN card from Best Buy using some Reward Zone certificates and paid out of pocket for the rest to get the "Birdie Pack" and "Eagle Pack." I'm not proud of it, but I feel like I got it at a discount with the rewards.

Now to wait for the packs to download; huge files. I believe it's 750MB or so for the "Birdie" and 2200MB or so for the "Eagle."

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Wow, $50 for addons is just nuts... I mean, I get that it's new levels (courses) to play and all, but damn, that's nuts...

Well you don't have to buy it all at once. $50 is a deal I think.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Well you don't have to buy it all at once. $50 is a deal I think.
    It's a deal compared to how they were doing it, but it's still quite a bit of money for DLC. Even Forza Motorsports 2 & 3 with all their DLC for cars and tracks didn't add up to that (or, at least, I don't think it did).

Just seems like a lot of money for additional content when you'd think quite a bit of that would be included with the game itself.

But, obviously, it's a sound business model as EA is cleaning up with that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    $50 is a deal I think.
    You think those courses combined are the equivalent of a whole new game (or close to one)? That's a hard sell for me. I could get Arkham Asylum, plus Super Street Fighter IV and still have money left over for that price.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    You think those courses combined are the equivalent of a whole new game (or close to one)? That's a hard sell for me. I could get Arkham Asylum, plus Super Street Fighter IV and still have money left over for that price.
    You're basically getting the amount of courses that are on disc, so yeah I think so.

I'm guessing this is widely known, but the Eagle Pack is currently $20.99 for PS+ users. It's part of a handful of discounts from EA as past of the PSN's "Welcome Back".

Dunno if it works in conjunction with the free month of PS+.

I'm guessing this is widely known, but the Eagle Pack is currently $20.99 for PS+ users. It's part of a handful of discounts from EA as past of the PSN's "Welcome Back".

Dunno if it works in conjunction with the free month of PS+.
    That pricing just went into effect today... $14 off is a pretty nice discount, I'll probably pick it up at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    That pricing just went into effect today... $14 off is a pretty nice discount, I'll probably pick it up at that price.
    Hmm. I figured it was something that happened weeks ago and I just missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Me too, will probably do so tonight.

Hmm. I figured it was something that happened weeks ago and I just missed it.