Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 New Plays Coming to NCAA Football 12 (Offense)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    But do they have a complimentary play for it? That's the trouble with automotion like that, it's a HUGE tipoff to what the play is; especially because they don't make the player take the same route that they would take when you just put them in motion to that side.

That's what everything was screaming about the Flexbone formation after '10. The automotion was an immediate tipoff to what direction the play was going (and, unfortunately, still is in most formations because the opposite direction plays are blocked so damn poorly).

Then, of course, there's the fact that that play could be completely created with hotroutes so what's the point of taking up a playbook slot with a play that's easily created with hotroutes (and the HB flat doesn't require the automotion in the hotroute setup of the play)?

Holy cow stop the presses I agree with Mors about a play in the new play thread.

The play itself seems to me to be one of those plays that is going to be money against the CPU as I believe JB said it has everything. The automotion though is going to make it a give away against a human that has played the game a lot and knows what plays are in what formations. Though tipping off of this play is going to be a lot harder to defend then the flexbone was back two years ago when the motion almost always gave you the play direction. Because although you know that this play or one similar is coming it's a lot harder to stop a play with five options than one with two options that being a run to one side of the field or possibly a fullback dive.

Now for the agreeing with Mors, While I do not care strongly one way or the other about auto motion I do agree with the fact that if you are going to have plays with auto motion in them each playbook with an auto motion play in it should have a minimum of three plays in that set with the same auto motion to give the player a better chance of hiding their intentions and to give the other player or CPU for that fact somewhat of a decision to make. Not the standard decision they have now of "Oh yeah, here comes such and such a play." And maybe we will see they have added stuff like that in the playbooks this year, I mean they would not have to be new plays. They could be the same plays as last year just with auto motion added to them.

So far I like all three plays and could see myself running them all. I love the fact they are putting stuff out there like this.

I'm not ready to say anything will be $. In 11, maybe this play would be, in 12 who knows? We're all clamouring for defensive improvements. To call a play $ at this stage is to say there won't be defensive improvements. I'm certainly not ready to say that.

I like to look at the plays individually and appreciate them as small additions to the game. To say "this play won't work" or "that play will be unstoppable" comes from our view of 11. This is 12, until I have a retail copy in my hands that tells the whole story, I think it's narrow-minded to assume it will play like NCAA 11.

I did say, seems to be a play that will be money against the cpu. Trust me I want vast defensive improvements over everything this year. I like this years game but I would never stop playing it if the cpu or yourself could play defense and have a 14-13 game sometimes instead of having 42-38 shoot outs all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkFan View Post
    I did say, seems to be a play that will be money against the cpu. Trust me I want vast defensive improvements over everything this year. I like this years game but I would never stop playing it if the cpu or yourself could play defense and have a 14-13 game sometimes instead of having 42-38 shoot outs all the time.
    I wasn't singling anyone out, you just happened to be the last to post before me. You're right, "seems" and "CPU" were a part of what you said, I'm just adding "NCAA 11" to that and saying I won't judge whether these plays will work on 12. I don't have all the facts, or the finished product in hand to make those types of assessments.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I wasn't singling anyone out, you just happened to be the last to post before me. You're right, "seems" and "CPU" were a part of what you said, I'm just adding "NCAA 11" to that and saying I won't judge whether these plays will work on 12. I don't have all the facts, or the finished product in hand to make those types of assessments.
    You are right and either do I. Hey at least we have some info coming out that is more than dreadlocks and equipment. LOL

Hey at least we have some info coming out that is more than dreadlocks and equipment.

Agreed, buddy.

You are right and either do I. Hey at least we have some info coming out that is more than dreadlocks and equipment. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

Agreed, buddy.

SHAME on you both. Dreads are single handidly going to make NCAA 12 the GREATEST video game of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    SHAME on you both. Dreads are single handidly going to make NCAA 12 the GREATEST video game of all-time.
    The vocal minority needs a new poster boy. They rode the dreads train as far as they could.

So now that dreads are in what's the new thing people are going to be clamoring for? Hmmm maybe I will go to the bowl patches thread and rile some people up.

So now that dreads are in what's the new thing people are going to be clamoring for? Hmmm maybe I will go to the bowl patches thread and rile some people up.
    Mouthpieces.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Mouthpieces.....
    Nice, very nice.

Tattoos? Eye black with various Area Codes and scripture references? Oh wait, that's outlawed. Faux gold teeth? Smeared eye black that covers the whole cheek? Man, the list is endless. Those poor bastards will never buy the game.

ROFL

Yep. Bowl patches and mouthpieces.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yep. Bowl patches and mouthpieces.
    dont forget the broadcast camera angle :rolleyes:

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    The thread title needs (Offense) in it to avoid confusion since the defensive one is named as such.

The thread title needs (Offense) in it to avoid confusion since the defensive one is named as such.
    I see (Offense) on it or am I not looking in the right place?

Weird... For some reason, it wasn't there when I posted that. It's definitely there now.

Weird... For some reason, it wasn't there when I posted that. It's definitely there now.
    Heh... I fixed it in between your request and cdj's post.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Heh... I fixed it in between your request and cdj's post.

Damn it G! Making me look crazy...