Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there anything that will stop you from buying NCAA 12?

• Facebook
  • Display

Question Is there anything that will stop you from buying NCAA 12?

I suspect that 100% of the members of this community will buy NCAA 12 regardless of the additions. However, is there anything that would keep you from purchasing NCAA 12? Personally I love NCAA 11 and I am very, very happy with the game. I still have a ton of fun. Yes, there are other things I want but if they are not in NCAA 12 I could possibly be okay with not purchasing the game....???...

For me I really need to see two major additions for NCAA 12.

1. Custom playbooks
    2. Coaching carousel

.... at the very least I NEED one of these two features. If I don't get either of those, the additions to the NCAA 12 edition just may not justify a purchase because as I say I am very happy with NCAA 11 and I am looking for something to really add to the replayability of the dynasty mode.

I would love to see:

1. FCS schools
    2. Dynamic commentary
    3. an ESPN stlye gameday show / halftime show / weekly wrap-up show
    4. dynqamic rivalries

Would one some or all of these additions justify a purchase? Yes, I suspect they would for me. I just don't want NCAA 12 to be a letdown after such a stellar performance with NCAA 11. We have precendent with Madden 10 and Madden 11. After a massive improvement with Madden 10 there was minimal info realeased with Madden 11 and then... colossal letdown.

A lot of people suspect that based on the limited information released, RTG will be the major focus this year. If RTG gets love but not dynasty... that would surely not justify a purchase from me. I don't play the mode and have zero interest in it. I am 100% offlien dynasty and I suspect I always will be.

So, are there any potential deal-breakers for you or will you buy regardless???

If I win a copy (like I did with Madden 11), I won't buy it. Otherwise, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    So, are there any potential deal-breakers for you or will you buy regardless???
    If Powerhouse decided to stay with 11, I'd stay. Otherwise, I'm guaranteed to purchase
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Yeah, I have bought every game dating back to the Bill Walsh days, never missed a single one, so no there is nothing that will stop me from buying it. From playing it a ton, sure there are too many things to mention that will stop me from playing it a ton and going back to 11.

First of all I will buy the game no matter what. With the progress made in '11 and the quality game it was i think EA has earned the benefit of the doubt with '12 for me. I will say that improvements I would like to see to feel fully justified in spending my $60 would be: Defensive Improvements (especially in coverage), continued improvements in the animations etc.... and hopefully custom playbooks. Other than those things there really aren't any MUST haves for me.

*On second thought, I will say that I NEED to see the issues with online fixed. Our OD fell apart because no one could connect with one another and I know several other people have had issues as well.

I'd be seriously surprised if coaching carousel was in '12. I'd love to be wrong but I think custom playbooks will come before that. Carousel seems to be a bigger undertaking to implement (considering it completely changes how dynasty mode operates) and my gut tells me that '12 will be more evolution then revolution.

And the only thing that would prevent me from buying a copy is a lack of money (or getting it for free).

This question is inspired by something I saw on Operation Sports a while back ... is there a level of the forthcoming conference expansion / changes that NCAA didn't have that would prevent you from buying the game?

For example ... if they didn't have the 2011 football changes (Boise to MWC, Nebraska to Big Ten, etc), for whatever reason, would that stop you? What about 2012's changes (i.e. TCU to Big East, Nevada/Fresno to MWC, etc)? Would it ruin Dynasty if 2012's changes didn't happen automatically?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    This question is inspired by something I saw on Operation Sports a while back ... is there a level of the forthcoming conference expansion / changes that NCAA didn't have that would prevent you from buying the game?

For example ... if they didn't have the 2011 football changes (Boise to MWC, Nebraska to Big Ten, etc), for whatever reason, would that stop you? What about 2012's changes (i.e. TCU to Big East, Nevada/Fresno to MWC, etc)? Would it ruin Dynasty if 2012's changes didn't happen automatically?
    For me, no. But I'm certain most would be PISSED. I can't imagine the 2011 changes, at least, not being in. That might not even be an option as the Big XII, for example, may sue if Nebraska and Colorado were still in. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post

I can live without the 2012 changes but it's inexcusable for the changes this coming year because they are so major and it will fundamentally change several conferences.

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be inexcusable as well, and I can't imagine a reason why they wouldn't have all the changes for 2011 in. I just threw that out there to see comments.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I'd be seriously surprised if coaching carousel was in '12. I'd love to be wrong but I think custom playbooks will come before that. Carousel seems to be a bigger undertaking to implement (considering it completely changes how dynasty mode operates) and my gut tells me that '12 will be more evolution then revolution.

And the only thing that would prevent me from buying a copy is a lack of money (or getting it for free).
    I just dont see coaching carousel happening, don't know why I think that either.

RTG
    Defensive improvements
    custom Playbooks (maybe)

if RTG gets revamped, very doubtful anything "Major" will be brought in as a feature. Major meaning something new like coaching carousel. It's to the point for me, that if it doesnt make it in this year, let's not even put in the the tourney next year.....because it's a lost cause.
    Last edited by Coachdenz; 03-13-2011 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    It's to the point for me, that if it doesnt make it in this year, let's not even put in the the tourney next year.....because it's a lost cause.
    I hear what you're saying, but I disagree. I'm a strong supporter of things like a carousel and Special Teams Improvements. If they don't make the cut in 12, I'm gonna continue to tell whoever will listen that I want them in.

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I hear what you're saying, but I disagree. I'm a strong supporter of things like a carousel and Special Teams Improvements. If they don't make the cut in 12, I'm gonna continue to tell whoever will listen that I want them in.
    I agree. I want carousel because of the game changing potential it has. However, I NEED custom playbooks to get back to the greatness of last gen.

I'm a strong supporter also, but but asking for something like coaching carousel each year and then not getting it because of other things or not enough dev hours is starting to be dishearting. Especially when they know know what we want. Hey maybe I'm wrong
    and we get Coaching Carousel (cause I'm wrong a lot) but at this time I say it's a very slim to none chance we get that feature. Hey custom playbooks and improved Defense and I'm happy and I could not give a Fu#k about RTG.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachdenz View Post
    I'm a strong supporter also, but but asking for something like coaching carousel each year and then not getting it because of other things or not enough dev hours is starting to be dishearting. Especially when they know know what we want.
    I hear ya, I guess I just have a "I'm not going away" attitude, lol.

I hear ya, I guess I just have a "I'm not going away" attitude, lol.
    keep up the good fight.

Im with Coach on this. we have been asking for coaching carousel for 2+ yrs and CH had in 4yrs ago and done it well.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    And I completely agree as well and why I said a while back, if it doesn't have Coaching Carousel as well as Custom Playbooks, I'd be VERY displeased with this coming year's iteration of that game (unless there is a SIGNIFICANT culture change to how defense and offense is done, which I highly doubt will ever happen with this generation's game).

I would love to have coaching carousel, if it's not in this years game I will be a little disappointed. But I will be very disappointed if the defense does not get an overhaul and if custom playbooks are not in the game. I also want to see some improvements to recruiting and updates to online dynasty, Specifically that coaching contracts are in online dynasty, the team pitches are fixed in it as well, job offers, conference invites, and tweaks to recruiting.