Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Release Date, Game Description, & Placeholder Art

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA Football 12 Release Date, Game Description, & Placeholder Art

You know it's coming soon since Amazon has placeholder images up
    PS3placeholder.jpg 360placeholder.jpg

Game Description:
    NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday with all new enhanced in-game presentation, traditions and school specific crowd celebrations. Make an impact on the field as your team takes down your heated rival on the road to the National Championship.
    Last edited by cdj; 02-28-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    That's what they say. I find that somewhat questionable.
    You figured it out, it's all a big lie. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    You know it's coming soon since Amazon has placeholder images up
    As far as I'm concerned, that confirms it's a defensive player for me. Pretty sure, more often than not, the placeholder image has been of a similar position to the actual player.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday with all new enhanced in-game presentation, traditions and school specific crowd celebrations. Make an impact on the field as your team takes down your heated rival on the road to the National Championship.

Same thing on Gamestop website

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    You figured it out, it's all a big lie. :rolleyes:
    I just do not see the relation between SS and DW (other than both involve the internet). Last I checked Al Gore layed claim to that invention.

Quote Originally Posted by Boucher View Post
    NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity.
    Hmmmm ....
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 02-26-2011 at 03:58 PM.

I was talking to Kane a madden dev he says Madden superstar getting a big overhaul this year so maybe NCAA as well

I was talking to Kane a madden dev he says Madden superstar getting a big overhaul this year so maybe NCAA as well
    I assume you are referring to Road To Glory. Interesting.

? I said Madden's superstar mode is maybe NCAA's

More enhanced presentation? Always a good thing. Really don't hope they poured most of the resources this year into road to glory - does anyone even play that mode?

Hope the linebacker on the placeholder image = linebacker on actual game cover = more emphasis on defense this year.

Sounds good! Could there be a hint of dynamic rivalries here??? I sure would like to hear a few hints like "coaching" (aka carousel) and "play selection" (custom playbooks) in the next few months...

Quote Originally Posted by joshuahuskers View Post
    does anyone even play that mode?
    If I was still a high school football player, which is when I first really bought into the NCAA series, you better believe I'd be playing the crap out of that mode. Now, I don't play it now either ... but I do play Be A Pro in NHL, Road to the Show in MLB, and I would buy NBA 2k11 solely for My Player. So maybe some love for Road to Glory is exactly what they need to get me to play it for anything other than PSN trophies.

But going back to my initial point ... high schoolers are the future of the franchise ... always good to cultivate that.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, that confirms it's a defensive player for me. Pretty sure, more often than not, the placeholder image has been of a similar position to the actual player.
    I don't have the placeholder image for NCAA Football 11, but I do have a comparison between the placeholder for Madden NFL 11 and the final box art to confirm what Jeff is saying here about the placeholder being a potential preview of the final box art. Take it with a grain of salt, but the Madden placeholder featured a quarterback silhouette passing in a very similar pose to the final Drew Brees shot:

Last edited by Paakaa10; 02-26-2011 at 10:49 PM.

After some quick Google searching, I did find the following PS2 version placeholder image for NCAA Football 11:

Compare that to the final image:

While not 100% proof of anything, it certainly allows us to start connecting the dots.

Just to round things out in terms of placeholder versus final box art comparisons for EA SPORTS titles in the '11 title year, the comparisons for NHL 11 and FIFA 11:

While it's harder to draw conclusions about the position of the player in the NHL or FIFA comparisons compared to NCAA or Madden, this also helps us establish that the placeholder images have been fairly close to the final box art in the past year.

FYI, Brian, to stop your Googling, it looks like NCAA 10 and prior versions all used the same placeholder image -- at least, I found images for NCAA 09, NCAA 10 and Madden 10 with the same art. No idea who created them, but, that stopped my searching, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuahuskers View Post
    - does anyone even play that mode?
    I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    So maybe some love for Road to Glory is exactly what they need to get me to play it

I don't think many people play RTG much, but I agree that a spruced up version may breathe some life into it. RttS is fun in MLB but, surprisingly, I don't care much for BAP in NHL.

Obviously, no one wants all the time and $ going to RTG so I'd seriously doubt that that's a concern. EA greatly improved NCAA from 10 to 11 so I'm going to continue to believe that that's going to be the norm until proven wrong.

I really enjoy modes like Road to the Show and I think there is a TON of potential for RTG & Madden's Superstar mode. However, up to this point, these modes have gotten really stale really quickly for me. I think the things that have been missing in RTG specifically have been: Deeper recruiting involvement, more struggle to get to the top of the depth chart AND stay there, a reward system for executing your assignment rather than only for stats, and (MOST importantly) solid playcalling and AI player execution are crucial.

If they were to include these types of things in this mode it would definitely get a HARD look from me.