Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K11 Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA 2K11 Thread

If rumors are true, current Charlotte Bobcats owner, Michael Jordan, will be gracing the cover of NBA 2k11. ESPN has claimed multiple sources have confirmed the rumor. If it is true, one would be hard pressed to argue against this choice. Even years after retirement, Michael Jordan is perhaps arguably the most iconic figure in the game. His name recognition alone is sure to stir up buzz.

Back in the day, everyone wanted to “be like Mike.” However, with so many current superstars rising through the basketball ranks, will gamers still connect with Michael? Why not choose Lebron, who many see as a potential successor to Jordan, seeing as both will carry a hefty price tag to sign. Specifically, since Lebron’s upcoming free agency will stir up on heck of a publicity storm with the media.

A lot of decisions go into picking a prospective cover athlete for the game. Not only should they be recognizable for their on the court accomplishments, but they need to be able to be an ambassador to the game off the court. Cover athletes become the games spokesperson in a sense. This is why companies chose players who are not just talented and successful but also well spoken. There is a reason why Larry Fitzgerald, Troy Polamalu and Drew Brees have made it onto the cover before equally talented, but less polished speakers like Chris Johnson.
    Source

Hopefully it's true. If it is, I'll buy the game no matter what. Michael Jordan is my all time favorite sports player. So many memories of watching him make everyone look silly.
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 06-02-2010 at 12:53 PM.

I asked Pasta Padre this but is it going to be the Michael Jordan who won championships in the 90's or the Michael Jordan at the craps table with a stogie in his mouth? If it is the latter, I'm all over it.

I'm assuming it's the first option.

This info getting leaked today pretty much confirms the Live/Elite info if people were still doubting it.

Very cool to see MJ on the cover. My favorite player of all-time as well, so I may have to get this one down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I asked Pasta Padre this but is it going to be the Michael Jordan who won championships in the 90's or the Michael Jordan at the craps table with a stogie in his mouth? If it is the latter, I'm all over it.
    HAHA. I wonder who's b-ball cap he'll be sportin'? If he wears a Bulls cap, and Lebron goes over to Chicago, would that be ok? And then Lebron on the cover for 12, that would be an EPIC 3-some from 10-12. Kobe, Micheal, Lebron. Maybe it'll be a Bulls player/Bobcat owner mixtape cover.

I've never owned an NBA 2K game...might see if I can get 2K10 cheap just to do some comparison.

Then 2k should be fun to you. The 2k series has pretty much become stale to me if you play it every year. The gameplay seems to never make any advances. The presentation in 2k10 is top-notch though and by far the best I've seen in a game, specifically the commentary.

Yep just got it for $26 on eBay. One of my auctions for a game I sold ended tonight and so basically I paid about $5 out of pocket. Gonna give it a whirl for a few weeks, and then prob sell it back.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yep just got it for $26 on eBay. One of my auctions for a game I sold ended tonight and so basically I paid about $5 out of pocket. Gonna give it a whirl for a few weeks, and then prob sell it back.
    It's definitely fun but it has some flaws. Goaltending is called WAY too often (had a three get counted because the CPU air balled it and it was grabbed out of the air next to the rim) and a player making any type of dribble move actually MOVES the defender out of the way, which is incredibly stupid and unrealistic.

And, of course, they've ruined being elite at shooting the ball at a certain distance (except for the CPU and the fuckin' 3 ball) where players like Kobe, Lebron, and Wade will miss wide open medium range jumpers, despite being 90+ rated at shooting the ball at that distance. And it's not just the occasional miss, it's worst night of shooting in their lives miss all the time type crap.

But, if you can do the dribble move stuff, you can destroy this game.

i've never owned 2k i've always been a live guy but almost went with 2k this year because of my player mode but stuck with live because i still loved the game if live or should I say elite brings out this analog stick crap im gonna get 2k because of that and plus MJ is the G.O.A.T

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    It's definitely fun but it has some flaws. Goaltending is called WAY too often (had a three get counted because the CPU air balled it and it was grabbed out of the air next to the rim) and a player making any type of dribble move actually MOVES the defender out of the way, which is incredibly stupid and unrealistic.

And, of course, they've ruined being elite at shooting the ball at a certain distance (except for the CPU and the fuckin' 3 ball) where players like Kobe, Lebron, and Wade will miss wide open medium range jumpers, despite being 90+ rated at shooting the ball at that distance. And it's not just the occasional miss, it's worst night of shooting in their lives miss all the time type crap.

But, if you can do the dribble move stuff, you can destroy this game.
    I've never had that experience with shooting with elite players in 2k. hmmmm. Not saying you're wrong, but I've just never noticed it unless they are dead tired.

2K10 came today. It was fun. They definitely do a lot of things well. I ran a quick half of a 5-min game. Then ran a 12-min game to grab some achievements.

It was confirmed today...Jordan will be on the cover. http://www.cnbc.com/id/37471683

Its a done deal for me..gotta get 2K now even though I think their player models and uni's on said player models look attrocious.

i'm a sneaker freak so i hope they add his serious of jordans it shouldnt be hard at all

This would be the sweetest cover ever:

Just thinking about that shot sends chills down my body. Easily the most amazing moment in sports I've ever witnessed.

Kotaku article on how 2K has been trying to get Jordan for years. They also mention Mark Cuban as a playable character...I assume it's a joke based on MJ being an owner, but the way they brought it up in the article wasn't the smoothest segue.

Quote Originally Posted by IOUaBeatn View Post
    This would be the sweetest cover ever:

Just thinking about that shot sends chills down my body. Easily the most amazing moment in sports I've ever witnessed.
    Oh you mean when he pushed off

Something like that would make a great cover....I think taking off at the FT line with Jordan in color and everything else in B&W would be sweet.

There's a lot of potential for game features with MJ in the game. Perhaps a mode where you relive/replay his greatest moments.

ill have to admit... this forum titled "other video games" usually doesnt exist to me since i dont own anything other than the college series... but i will post on this, just b/c of my childhood days of running around on our basketball court at the house pretending i was big mike... although i couldnt jump, was short, way too white, and could shoot fairly well... i think i pulled off a pretty good impersonation =)

and i may have to buy this game if he is the cover guy for it, just for that nostalgic feeling in the pit of my stomach... =\

"E"