Thread: NBA 2K11 Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NBA 2K11 Thread

If rumors are true, current Charlotte Bobcats owner, Michael Jordan, will be gracing the cover of NBA 2k11. ESPN has claimed multiple sources have confirmed the rumor. If it is true, one would be hard pressed to argue against this choice. Even years after retirement, Michael Jordan is perhaps arguably the most iconic figure in the game. His name recognition alone is sure to stir up buzz.

Back in the day, everyone wanted to “be like Mike.” However, with so many current superstars rising through the basketball ranks, will gamers still connect with Michael? Why not choose Lebron, who many see as a potential successor to Jordan, seeing as both will carry a hefty price tag to sign. Specifically, since Lebron’s upcoming free agency will stir up on heck of a publicity storm with the media.

A lot of decisions go into picking a prospective cover athlete for the game. Not only should they be recognizable for their on the court accomplishments, but they need to be able to be an ambassador to the game off the court. Cover athletes become the games spokesperson in a sense. This is why companies chose players who are not just talented and successful but also well spoken. There is a reason why Larry Fitzgerald, Troy Polamalu and Drew Brees have made it onto the cover before equally talented, but less polished speakers like Chris Johnson.
    Source

Hopefully it's true. If it is, I'll buy the game no matter what. Michael Jordan is my all time favorite sports player. So many memories of watching him make everyone look silly.
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 06-02-2010 at 12:53 PM.