Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 11 Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

NHL 11 Thread

I don't know if anyone here is keeping up with this title, but for me it is the only "must have" game every year along with NCAA.

Well, a few days ago, the Canadian Hockey League (CHL) was confirmed to be in the game. The CHL is comprised of 60 teams from the WHL, OHL and QMJHL (Western Hockey League, Ontario Hockey League and Quebec Major Junior Hockey League). EA reached a 4 year agreement that allows them to use all the team names, logos, league structures and player likenesses (16-20 year olds compete in this developmental league).

All I can say is WOW! This is going to add more depth to Be a GM Mode (and Be a Pro) than has ever been in any sports title. I can't wait!

Pastapadre just posted this:

EA Sports and the NCAA could be close to announcing a licensing agreement that would introduce college hockey into the NHL series. Paul Kelly of College Hockey Inc. has stated that the NCAA has been in talks with EA Sports for some time now and are close to reaching that agreement. Along with college teams a deal would also include Canadian major junior teams.

Recently the inclusion of the CHL was announced for NHL 11. It is unclear whether adding an NCAA component would be possible in the time remaining for NHL 11’s development. So while a deal looks to be likely it could be that college teams end up debuting in NHL 12.
    This would be f'n awesome. Start your Be A Pro in college, try to make the Frozen Four, then get drafted and head to the minors to try to make the pros. That would be absolute money.

Holy cow NHL is getting better each year.

It's not sure if it will be in NHL 11. But if it is....DAMN. I think it is definitely in the realm, considering the community was just last week. It definitely could have been one of the wow additions for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    This would be f'n awesome. Start your Be A Pro in college, try to make the Frozen Four, then get drafted and head to the minors to try to make the pros. That would be absolute money.
    DAMN! I had heard speculation on this recently but didn't believe anything would be announced so soon or this year at all. Wow!

And, actually, in BAP you'd start as a 16 yr old playing Juniors. Then, at 18, either continue playing Junior, college, minor or straight to the NHL depending on what's available to you. That is nuts, good find JB. Thanks!

Yeah Be A Pro and EASHL are the two biggest things I play, and this made me drool.

I won't complain at all if the CHL is all that's added this year, but if they do get NCAA in to this will far-and-away be the most complete sports game ever. Just imagining the possibilities for BAP and BAGM is making me feel like an anuerysm is coming on. WOW!!!!

NHL 11 Trailer

Day one buy for me. Faceoffs sound AWESOME....so do the broken sticks. That is very cool that you'll have to go to the bench to grab another.

NHL is my all-time favorite series. NCAA held that torch during the dark days of NHL several years ago. I have more fun playing NHL year-in and year-out than any other game. I can't wait for September!

I've never played a NHL game since the 90s, but I think I'll be buying this when it comes out.

Apparently, video goal reviews will be in 11. Nice add...

Wow, that looks really good.

It appears the Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews is the NHL 11 cover athlete: http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=419679

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    It appears the Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews is the NHL 11 cover athlete: http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=419679
    Not that it really matters, but I'm surprised they'd put a Blackhawk on the cover 2 years in a row.

Cover announcement and new Trailer!

Thanks for posting that, Kid. It's time for NCAA to release already so I can focus on something other than NHL for awhile.

I'm excited to get my hands on that new faceoff system. Which I'll probably get owned on for a couple months

Great trailer! Perhaps I will throw my hat back into NHL gaming this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Great trailer! Perhaps I will throw my hat back into NHL gaming this year.
    Same here. I haven't played NHL since 2006 or something, it's been at least a good 4 or 5 years. So from reading and watching about this year's game, I think it's time to add NHL to my yearly buys along with NCAA, starting with this year.