Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Elite 11 - (Cancelled)

• Facebook
  • Display

NBA Elite 11 - (Cancelled)

on NCAA's facebook they posted this:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=398081567279

wonder what they could be?
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 06-15-2010 at 07:45 PM.

What is ELITE?

EA Sports is asking this....find the answer later this week.

Follow EA Sports on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/easports

Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
    on NCAA's facebook they posted this:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...d=398081567279

wonder what they could be?
    It's also been posted on the FB pages for all EA Sports games. I have no clue what this is.

pastapadre originally saw it on the NBA Live product page and thought the game was being rebranded NBA Elite 11. Pretty sure that's not the case, but I am not sure what to guess on this one.

No clue what this is. The pic has been posted in all of the EA Sports game pages on Facebook.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's something to do with their supposed ultra amazing online play in their sports games they've been bragging up in Madden and MMA. If not, then I have no idea. I am interested to hear more about their plan to "change the way we play sports online."

Didn't realize this was being talked about I created a thread bout it in the other video games thread.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    It's also been posted on the FB pages for all EA Sports games. I have no clue what this is.

pastapadre originally saw it on the NBA Live product page and thought the game was being rebranded NBA Elite 11. Pretty sure that's not the case, but I am not sure what to guess on this one.
    An interesting way of doing viral advertising maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

yeah, just notice it was on all EA Sports titles. probably something to do with online for all EA Sports games?

I wonder if the NBA Elite thing is a right guess by Pasta.

Maybe has to deal with the Elite gamer status purchase in Madden 10 . Maybe it is expanding to a bigger picture. Hmm . Now I'm curious..

since it's on all EA Sports games it seems, I would guess it's something to do with online.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I wonder if the NBA Elite thing is a right guess by Pasta.
    What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by xRomo9 View Post
    Maybe has to deal with the Elite gamer status purchase in Madden 10 . Maybe it is expanding to a bigger picture. Hmm . Now I'm curious..
    What's that?

I'm curious with this stuff. If they make drastic improvements to the online portion of their sports games, I'll cream my pants. 99% of my game time with sports games is spent online vs other people.

since it's on all EA Sports games it seems, I would guess it's something to do with online.
    My guess as well.

Not sure why pasta guessed a name change for Live at first. I suppose that could be it and they are looking to get the name out as quickly as possible by posting it on all product pages. IIRC, last year both NBA 2K and NBA Live announced their cover athlete during the NBA Finals and we're almost there.

I'm guessing some sort of premier status for EA gamers or online players like romo said. I really have no clue though.

Pastapadre believes it is new branding for NBA Live:

The NBA Live name is no more. This year’s NBA title from EA Sports will be called NBA Elite 11. According to OXM (via drules2) the game will be heavy on analog controls with Skate and Fight Night the two titles garnering comparisons in that regard. I’m hoping to get some additional details soon.

Oftentimes a series name change can be attributed to a stigma having been built and the desire to have a fresh start. Maybe the best example of that is when EA went from Triple Play to MVP. We are probably seeing similar thinking implemented here with the company hoping to build a new brand that can either compete with NBA 2K or can find its own base of consumers who want something different. While NBA Live 10 showed great improvement over prior iterations it actually fell in sales from the previous year.

Pasta I guess has a source that it is NBA Elite 11...who knows.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2010/05/26...amed-nba-elite

HAHHAHA we posted that at the same time.

if that really is it, I don't see why they would promote that on the other Sports titles pages. I don't think I've seen any other cross title info like that(I don't follow the NCAA facebook that closely, so I could easily be wrong)

if that really is it, I don't see why they would promote that on the other Sports titles pages. I don't think I've seen any other cross title info like that(I don't follow the NCAA facebook that closely, so I could easily be wrong)
    Good point.

NBA Elite 11? Am I the only one that thinks that sounds like a retarded name for a basketball game?

Quote Originally Posted by IOUaBeatn View Post
    NBA Elite 11? Am I the only one that thinks that sounds like a retarded name for a basketball game?
    'Elite 11' is the name of the top HS QB camp that EA sponsors. I'm guessing they'd drop the year from the title and just be 'NBA Elite,' if this is true.