• Facebook
  • Display

SOCOM 4 (PS3) Thread

Some information we know about the game so far:

• Will have full length Single Player Campaign
    • Will have Co-Op
    • Supports up to 32 players via competitive multiplayer
    • Will Fully Support the Playstation Move both online and offline
    • Will feature a snap to cover system similar to Uncharted/Gears of War in the Single Player(unconfirmed for multiplayer)
    • No vehicles online
    • No Health bar
    • Will contain plenty of bitching from the community because it doesn't mirror SOCOM 1/2 which will cause extreme enjoyment for IOU.

Seriously, though, I can't wait for this game. Even if the game sucks, chilling all night with LPT are some of my fondest memories of gaming on PS3 so far. By the way, what the hell happened to Sandman?

I cannot wait for this game!

We gave Sandman the boot LOL we're back to the old TPT now.

sandwho?? What is LPT?? What is this that you speak of?
    yeah i guess i need to get ahold of my buddy and get some news and info about whats going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    We gave Sandman the boot LOL we're back to the old TPT now.
    I used to get a laugh out of him every time I played with him. He'd complain about just about every single death he had(I usually do too, just not over the mic), and truth be told, whenever I played against him, he took twice as many bullets as everyone else.

Looking forward to this. Me and my buddy played every SOCOM online together except for the last one. We even played SOCOM on the PSP online together. Good times. The last game really disappointed me and I sold it for like $2. Just so much bad going on there. The netcode was awful for the majority of the time the game was out, the 8 maps got old really fast, and overall there was a lot of BS going on with thermal scopes, etc. Very frustrating. I hope SOCOM 4 is much better, but I'm not sure. I know Zipper is making it but MAG really disappointed me as well. There was a lot of chance in that game but the graphics suffered horribly, the sound was pretty bad, the guns were nerfed because of the "community" so bad that they were pretty worthless. I understand there was 256 people in the game, but the graphics really threw me off.

The only guns that were nerfed in MAG were the LMGs, and they definitely needed it. They were the definition of an overpowered weapon. They nerfed the SMGs for some reason, but they changed them back with the last patch and will tune them even more with the upcoming one.

I have the utmost faith in Zipper. They listen to their community and they support the shit out of their games. Not to mention, they're the minds behind all the good SOCOMs, so I'm confident they can pull it together again.

This will be my first shooter since I gave up on MW2...I cannot wait.

IGN E3 Hands on

There's a video and holy shit does it look good.

While you guys may hate me for this, YES! Thank you for the delay!

SOCOM is the ONLY game that I have absolutely, 100% missed from my PS2 days before I jumped into current gen with 360, and this game could single-handedly be the reason I buy a PS3 sometime over the next year or so. However, as I have my money being put towards other, more important things right now, a PS3 is not on my purchasing radar for a while, so this being delayed until 2011 is great news for me as by the time it finally is released, I can have that PS3 bought and be ready to play it from day 1 that it comes out.

Not a surprise about the delay.....Violator told me he was thinking about not getting it based on some information he knew. Not sure on the details or if he can publically say, but if he's not high on it, I'm worried.

Big surprise. I'd say 99% of all PS3 exclusives get delayed at one point or another.

Leave Sandy alone. Y'all should heard him on resident evil 5 on co-op now that was classic.

Quote Originally Posted by PDawgs View Post
    Leave Sandy alone. Y'all should heard him on resident evil 5 on co-op now that was classic.
    Good Lord.

long lost fellow here

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Good Lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    long lost fellow here

Not one single death was his fault. EVER.

yeah the info that i know i still cant say. wish i could but this delay is a good thing. that much i will say. trust on that

Quote Originally Posted by Violator View Post
    yeah the info that i know i still cant say. wish i could but this delay is a good thing. that much i will say. trust on that
    I definitely trust you when it comes to insider info on SOCOM. And obviously understand that you can't say, I know all about NDA's.