Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowl Season, 2014

• Facebook
  • Display

Bowl Season, 2014

Meineke Car Car Bowl - Clemson (Escobar) at Western Michigan
    Champs Sports Bowl - Kent State at Va Tech (RCSinger)
    Pacific Life Holiday Bowl - Missouri at aTm (JeffHCross)
    Chick-fil-a Bowl - Mississippi State at Miami (Ryby6969)
    Capitol One Bowl - Tennessee at Penn State (psusnoop)
    Rose Bowl - Michigan (Oneback) at TCU
    Alamo Bowl - Arizona at Oklahoma (IronDragon)
    FedEx Orange Bowl - USC (psuexv) at Wisconsin (gschwendt)
    BCS National Championship - FSU (FSUPrime) at Texas (Papa_Lonestar)

Award Winners:

Maxwell Award - Earl Campbell Jr - Texas
    Walter Camp Award - Earl Campbell Jr - Texas
    Bednarik Award - Jordan Hicks - Texas
    Nagurski Award - Jordan Hicks - Texas
    Davey O'Brien - Julian Gray - Tennessee
    Walker Award - Earl Campbell Jr - Texas
    Biletnikoff Award - Garry Peters - Clemson
    Mackey Award - Xavier Grimble - USC
    Outland Trophy - Devin Morris - Navy
    Rimington Award - Joe Gross - Tennessee
    Lombardi Award - Tavaris Barnes - Clemson
    Best LB - Jordan Hicks - Texas
    Thorpe Award - Craig Weeks - Clemson
    Groza Award - Stephen Graves - LSU
    Ray Guy Award - Howard Campbell - USC
    Best Returner - Alex Kenney - Penn State

#2 rushing offense vs the #4 rushing defense....#1 passing defense vs the #5 passing offense....should be a dandy

Title game will be played tommorrow. I have a hot date (waiting on her to get ready now) and Prime is gettin' shit-faced so he won't be in an adequate state of mind to play against the greatest college football team in 19 years.

All Americans

NCAA

1st Team:
    HB - Earl Campbell Jr, Texas
    HB - Brennan Clay, Oklahoma
    WR - Garry Peters, Clemson
    TE - Xavier Grimble, USC

RE - Jonathan Johnson, Texas
    RE - Bill Arnold, Va Tech
    DT - Tavaris Barnes, Clemson
    DT - Terry Jean, Penn State
    LOLB - Christian Jones, FSU
    MLB - Jordan Hicks, Texas
    CB - Stan Riley, FSU
    CB - CJ Gross, Texas
    FS - Craig Weeks, Clemson
    SS - Jeremiah Robertson, Clemson
    P - Howard Campbell, USC
    Ret - Alex Kenney, Penn State

2nd Team:

HB - Nick Cleveland, Michigan
    HB - Storm Johnson, Miami

LE - James Louis, USC
    RE - Brian Hunt, FSU
    DT - Grant Lee, USC
    DT - Ben Smith, FSU
    MLB - Tyrone Austin, Miami
    ROLB - Travis Howard, Miami
    CB - Michael Carter, Texas
    CB - Mike Brantley, FSU
    FS - Adam Dixon, Penn State
    K - Donny Merritt, Wisconsin

Freshman:

QB - James Crowder, Clemson
    HB - Zach Gray, Michigan
    WR - Joshua Morales, Penn State
    WR - Phillip Singleton, Wisconsin
    LG - Ralph Campbell, Texas
    C - Mitchell Price, FSU
    RG - Jeff Clifford, USC
    RT - Adrian Watkins, Texas
    RE - Jonathan Johnson, Texas
    DT - Orlando Bratton, Miami
    CB - Joe Deloach, FSU
    CB - Johnathan Williams, Penn State
    SS - Michael Raymond, Clemson
    P - Shant Grant, Texas
    Ret - Talib Moore, USC

Heisman Award:

Earl Campbell Jr.

Rushed for 1,865 yards on 181 carries, a 10.3 average, and 44 touchdowns.

Nick Cleveland currently needs 251 yards and five touchdowns to break two all-time NCAA records. You can bet he will get every opportunity to break both against TCU in the Rose Bowl.

And, of course, Oneback, I see all your work after doing it myself in the Record Book thread,
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    Prime is gettin' shit-faced
    When is he not?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    And, of course, Oneback, I see all your work after doing it myself in the Record Book thread,
    Keep up the good work.

After the short trip to Orlando, Virginia Tech returns to Blacksburg Champ Sports Bowl winners.

In what many are calling very poor sportsmanship, VT handles Kent by a score of 91 - 12. Coach RC had expressed some distaste for being matched up against what he called an inferior opponent. He felt as though his team deserved to play a better team. 3 different Hokie QB's threw for a TD in this game. When questioned about the aggressive play calling after the game, Singer said that his intent was not to run up the score, but that he had been sending his backups out in several games this year only to call plays that omitted them from the action. He claimed that he was not going to let these guys step out on the field another game without giving them the opportunity to pass the ball. "These guys are QB's, for 2 years they have done nothing but hand the ball off when they get on the field. I was not going to let another year end without giving these guys the chance to hit some passes." Some argue that these efforts were a shot to the NCAA and the BCS for matching the hokies up with Kent, a show of strength if you will that they deserved better competition.

In all the Hokies ran for 350 yards and passed for 354 in the most balanced stats of coach RC's career. Defensively the Hokies had 3 Interceptions, forced 3 fumbles and recovered one for a TD. Leach also had a KO return for TD.

With the recruiting class that's coming in and many of the stars of this years team Juniors, the Hokies are expected to contend for the ACC title next year. We are still waiting word on many of the Juniors as to whether or not they intend to register for the draft. Should major play makers like Booth(QB) Minor(HB) and Leach(CB) return next year, other teams can expect to suffer a similar fate as Kent and FCS (a team that was also defeated by a large margin earlier in the year).

Texas A&M survives a scare, though you wouldn't believe it by the final score, against former Big 12 compadre, Mizzou. While the Aggies won by a final of 49-24, Missouri led 18-14 in the 3rd quarter, after an interception was returned for a touchdown. If not for two missed extra points in the game, and a missed two point conversion, Missouri may have been tied 28-28 in the 4th, instead of trailing 28-24.

The deceptive final score was provided by a ball-hawking defense that showed up in the 4th quarter and registered a stunning three interceptions. The first interception came when it was 35-24, and was caught inside the Aggies own 10 yard line. On the very next play, QB Darrell Williams ran around end and took off for 91 yards and a touchdown. After another interception on the ensuing drive, Ben Malena took a 2nd and 18 play for 85 yards and a touchdown of his own after Mizzou unsuccessfully stacked the box.

Ben Malena ended the contest with 233 yards on 23 carries, an incredible number considering his first 13 carries only netted 26 yards.
    Williams also had a career day himself, throwing for 171 yards and rushing for 101, scoring two touchdowns.

Michigan wins the Rose Bowl over TCU 42-3, but don't let the score fool you as the Wolverines socre 35 points off of 5 TCU turnovers. Outgoing senior Devin Gardner had a rough time throwing the ball completing just 10 of 19 passes for 144 yards, 1 touchdown and an interception. He did not look sharp at all.

Nick Cleveland saw eight and nine man fronts all game as the TCU defense knew Coach Oneback would do everything in his power to allow Cleveland an opportunity to set two NCAA records. However, he fell short on both, rushing for 153 yards put him 98 yards from the all-time record for rushing yards and he ended his career 2 touchdowns shy of the all-time touchdown mark. Cleveland capped of a brilliant career with a great performance when all odds were against him and walked away with Rose Bowl MVP honors.

Wisconsin defeats Southern Cal in the Orange Bowl by a narrow margin in a 28-21 thriller. Badger HB James White finished his career at Wisconsin on a high note carrying the ball 35 times for 217 yards with 4 touchdowns. His play allowed Wisconsin to hold onto the ball nearly 23 minutes of the game thus keeping the explosive USC offense off the field. In addition to White's running, QB Brett Ward stepped up to hit key passes at critical times after being called-upon due to starter Jon Hunter being injured in the final game of the regular season. Ward completed 10/17 passes for 132 yards with no touchdowns, but importantly, no interceptions. On the defensive side, Wisconsin continued their season trend holding their opponent to low rushing yards, this time holding USC HB DJ Morgan to 22 yards on 8 carries. However, the Trojan offense did have plenty of sparks in the passing game racking up 288 yards through the air as well as 3 touchdowns. The critical play of the game came early in the second quarter as USC was driving into UW territory. However, Wisconsin CB Chris Rice managed to knock a pass out of the air and then find it again as he intercepted it swinging the momentum in the Badgers' favor.

Wisconsin finishes the season at 11-2 and prepare for next season which points to the Badgers having the greatest potential for a big season.

Oneback, your game sounds distinctly like mine. These new sliders are very interesting. I expect we're going to see some truly unexpected upsets next season.

texas beats fsu, tough to win not sure if i played a perfect game i would have had a chance, way to much A.I. involved for me to care about, hopefully next year i can throw less picks and have my only good RB healthy
    Last edited by fsuprime; 02-13-2011 at 01:33 AM.

The Longhorns win their 2nd national title in 5 years....taking down the two-time defending champion Seminoles 49-35 in Glendale, AZ.

Longhorn offense: 485 yards (257 air, 228 ground....on 56 plays), 7-12 3rd down conversions

QB Carlos McDaniel, SoRS: 11-21 257 yards 1 TD 2 INT

RB Earl Campbell Jr, Jr: 17 car 144 yards 3 TD (pussy'd out in the 2nd half)

RB Bryson Hopkins, Jr: 15 car 102 yards 2 TD (man'd up in the 2nd half

WR Mike Davis, Jr: 4 rec 136 yards 1 TD

Longhorn defense: 391 yards allowed (308 air, 83 ground....on 52 plays), 4-10 3rd down conversions, 4 turnovers forced

MLB Jordan Hicks, SrRS: 3 tackles, 2 INT, 1 pass deflection, 1 forced fumble

CB Michael Carter, SrRS: 6 tackles, 3 pass deflections, 1 forced fumble

DE Jackson Jeffcoat, SrRS: 3 tackles (2 TFL), 2 sacks

CB Joe Wilson, So: 5 tackles (1 TFL), 1 sack

The Texas head ball coach Papa LoneStar has won his 2nd national championship in 5 years and 3rd Pac-10 title. The Horns are 62-3 with a record of 28-3 versus top 25 ranked teams, 16-0 versus rivals, and a sparkling 5-0 in bowl games (including 4 user bowl games).

IronDragonU is the only one remaining. Great job, fellas! Sunday niiiight, baby....yeeeeaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!

Congrats Papa.

Good game G. That pick was the key to the game. I watched the replay and my Wr stumbled out of the jam or I think my QB throws it further and the pick doesn't happen and it's 6.

About to play the Alamo Bowl.