Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When altering equipment becomes an obsession...

• Facebook
  • Display

When altering equipment becomes an obsession...

I found a way to do colored sleeves when making teambuilder teams and went for old school looks.

I admit ,this can be a stupid waste of time, but I like the look I get. I used kicker and DNA facemasks since i cant get rid of facemasks entirely.

Gah at all the Princeton-style helmets.

Very cool look though. Curious how you did colored sleeves, I didn't think that was one of the options in Teambuilder equipment.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Gah at all the Princeton-style helmets.

Very cool look though. Curious how you did colored sleeves, I didn't think that was one of the options in Teambuilder equipment.

its not,... somehow last year, I stumbled on the fact that changing rosters equipment in game translates when you pick that roster in teambuilder-but only after you have loaded created team into your system/game and then repick the roster you edited in teambuilder edit and then go back to game and pick-check for updates and it will give you the changes you made.
    But you have to do it from a seperate roster on your game...what i mean is, you need 2 roster saves in game. If i go on line to play a game, i have to make sure Steelerfans rosters are the ones loaded because if i go online with the roster I made changes to, it disappears when i come back.
    But that doesnt affect a teambuilder team in my game I already saved. I just want to show them off when i play online unranked games with friendlist guys.

But the sick thing is, I dont see anything else on the internet like this/mine. Just guys recreating div 2 teams etc... Now,granted, no one can download my team and get the affect. It can only be done by yourself for yourself....I hope all the above made sense ? i'm open to questions
    ....how the hell does a Ohio guy/fan call them princeton helmets...haha.......Mich......
    alot of teams used this in the leather helmet days, thats what i'm limited to until I started looking at pictures and getting other ideas like really wide stripe or just solid...stuff like that...?

When I saw the thread title, I was praying to god this was about NCAA Football 11

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    When I saw the thread title, I was praying to god this was about NCAA Football 11
    I'm scared to ask what you thought it was going to be about.

Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
    I'm scared to ask what you thought it was going to be about.
    Addadictomy?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Addadictomy?

ookaay, yes that was funny, but lets get back on topic haha

doesnt JB work in a strip club ? so he hears equipment as a different slang ?

anyway, I wanted to add, even when you change every single players-football equipment-
    sometimes a couple of the players wont translate in the load. Example- I changed the Boise state roster but the starting QB still has short sleeves.
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 01-06-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    how the hell does a Ohio guy/fan call them princeton helmets...haha.......Mich......
    Simple ... they started at Princeton, and I knew you were going for the old-school look.

Besides, I prefer not to type M*ch*g*n except when forced

Simple ... they started at Princeton, and I knew you were going for the old-school look.

Besides, I prefer not to type M*ch*g*n except when forced

I've been looking to do a pseudo replica of the 1950 Ohio State uniform. But I cant see the side of the pants in my Heisman history book... sometimes google images isnt all that great either haha

Ask and ye shall receive.

Jim Parker and other 50s Buckeyes, with coach Woody Hayes: http://media.cleveland.com/startingb...73cdaf9fad.jpg

Based on this, I'd say they were gray pants with red stripes.

EDIT: Duh, stupid me. You're talking about the uniform that Vic wore. See here, here (showing that it's a single stripe)
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 01-06-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Jim Parker and other 50s Buckeyes, with coach Woody Hayes: http://media.cleveland.com/startingb...73cdaf9fad.jpg

Based on this, I'd say they were gray pants with red stripes.
    yep, thanks, in some photos or depictions they look more white but are obviously darker in some pictures. they may have even altered the uni's a couple times while H Cassady was there . theres a black and white where Wisconsin looks like solid red from head to toe...I just mean the uni' not the shoes

this is 1950- from SI site and they look all white- worste blizzard in 37 years at the time by the way-

Well, white with the single stripe. That's the Snow Bowl, and yes, worst blizzard

I was thinking later 50s era, not Janowicz's uniforms, which were obviously 1950. See my edited post for more.

Well, white with the single stripe. That's the Snow Bowl, and yes, worst blizzard

I was thinking later 50s era, not Janowicz's uniforms, which were obviously 1950. See my edited post for more.

without belaboring this...no, you were right the first time- the 1955 has more flavor to it and its the one on Cassady...I wish you could mimic the funky shoulder stripes on the white uni's I saw haha

Wow, I really need to refresh my Buckeyes history. Totally forgot that Janowicz was 1950, and that Hopalong was 1955. I'm kind of disgusted with myself right now.

Cassidy's uniforms were definitely the same as what I posted earlier. Here's a beautiful picture of the Spots Illustrated with Cassidy on the cover, which shows just the top of the pants: http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/fil...fee2dd2a7b.jpg

first one - used the San Diego state stripe, so its hard to see outer grey stripe.

2nd one - standard shoulder-so called

A 1962 embellishment of ND

Those look nice man....LOVE the last uni.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Those look nice man....LOVE the last uni.
    thats a compliment from a Nebraska fan,no less.
    in 62' they had the clover/shamrock on the helmet. but they also had stripes on the shoulders. I just bypassed that for an old look as it is.