Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 1, 2014

• Facebook
  • Display

Week 1, 2014

=============== #10 Oklahoma Sooners (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Sooners will host New Mexico (0-0).

=============== #17 Clemson Tigers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Tigers travel to University Park to face the #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0).

=============== #4 Florida State Seminoles (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Seminoles are idle.

=============== #11 Miami Hurricanes (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hurricanes will host FIU (0-0).

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Wolverines will host Boston College (0-0).

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Aggies will host #9 Wisconsin (0-0).

=============== #5 Penn State Nittany Lions (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Nittany Lions will host #17 Clemson (0-0).

=============== #13 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== #2 USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Trojans are idle.

=============== #20 Virginia Tech Hokies (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Hokies will host FCS Southeast .

=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Longhorns travel to Iowa City to face the Iowa Hawkeyes (0-0).

=============== #9 Wisconsin Badgers (0-0) ===============
    This week, the Badgers travel to College Station to face the Texas A&M Aggies (0-0).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I forgot to change the sliders, most are playing users, a weak opponent or have a bye so it should effect this week too much.

Escobar, what does your evening look like tonight?

I got to squeeze in my recruiting + 10 minutes of practice time....I wish I would've woken up at my original alarm time.

I was rewarded with 2 instant commits so I'm happy. It was a CB and WR....didn't even notice a name, because I was so excited about entering practice mode.

Since I'm getting off at 3:30pm....I will probably get my game in late tonight....hopefully I'm not the last waiting to advance :p

Escobar, I'm leaving work today early should be home around noon est.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    I got to squeeze in my recruiting + 10 minutes of practice time....I wish I would've woken up at my original alarm time.

I was rewarded with 2 instant commits so I'm happy. It was a CB and WR....didn't even notice a name, because I was so excited about entering practice mode.

Since I'm getting off at 3:30pm....I will probably get my game in late tonight....hopefully I'm not the last waiting to advance :p
    I saw those instants and quickly removed them without looking at the names too. I'm nervous about recruiting this year, I got zero instant commits but I'm more nervous about all the competition for guys. This is going to be a battle this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post

That CB's name is David Brown, the #1 CB in the class. Not happy that he was an instant. I need corners in a bad way.

@Oneback....I would've rather had instant commits on the OL....I have exactly 10 with 3 seniors....and yall see how much I love to redshirt.

I love my 6'1"+ CBs that can lock 'em down so I am happy with that #1 guy....especially when I didn't need any CBs. With 4 senior WRs....I definitely need WRs so I was happy with that.

It helps a ton with those 2 commits....bringing my actives from 16 to 14. I low-balled a few so it wouldn't kill me if they instant-committed to any of you guys....so if they don't....I'm ready for the full-court press in week 2.

@Snoop....yes it will....first place I hit was in-state for recruits that I liked....I usually just go after whoever whereever, but last year has humbled me.

Oh yea....I definitely noticed that Oneback....hopefully I can get comfortable with 4 WR sets so I can put a little more of it in the gameplan for week 3.

booo no week 1 game like i asked for, also only 11 games, is that normal? oneback trying to screw me in SOS for later in the year i see

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    That CB's name is David Brown, the #1 CB in the class. Not happy that he was an instant. I need corners in a bad way.
    SOB

hmm, i wonder if the computer glitched my schedule and oneback didnt screw up. I still have fresno on their too and i asked for that to be changed as well. This happened to someone else in the OD 2 seasons ago didn't it?

I think Oneback did it on purpose, Prime :p

its hard trying to figure out who is slow playing which recruit right now, i think many people have adopted the oneback strategy of offering on the visit date.

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    its hard trying to figure out who is slow playing which recruit right now, i think many people have adopted the oneback strategy of offering on the visit date.
    Yeah not to tip my hand, but I only typically offer if I'm #1 or when I get to #1. Unless I feel I need to make up some ground.

that must be hard considering PSU and Texas have by far the most kids with them as #1 every year

Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    that must be hard considering PSU and Texas have by far the most kids with them as #1 every year
    Nah... you're forgetting about the abundance of talent in CA.

Ah yea, im just used to never having a 5* list me as #1 to start the year, i think EA changed the logic for FSU this year after so many down years (despite recruiting well) now UF gets more than FSU despite now being a 5* prestige team while FSU is 6.

Some teams just always are listed very high, i remember 2 years ago I death penaltied a bunch of very good schools like FSU/Miami/USC/Texas and even at 1 star prestige they were in it for 4 and 5 * recruits every year. So EA definitely has some logic in their to make it happen.

I like makavelisreborns idea to make it more regional, like texas locking down texas and miami having the edge in south FLA but not the rest of the state, fsu having panhandle/south georgia/south florida/south carolina as good places for them and UF having tampa/orlando area etc...
    Last edited by fsuprime; 01-18-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Yeah I think they definitely weight the "close to home" factor.

5 five stars from Texas this year, 4 have Texas as #1

Texas definitely has the advantage on 5 stars. This is all the 5 stars and which school has them #1.