Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2011 MLB Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    Yeah I watched the whole game, it was just insane how the Cards kept coming back.

Damn, completely missed the game last night. Was working non-stop from 6am-6pm last night with the kickoff marathon of our food drive collection campaign, and then as soon as that was done, it was right back up to the station to work on other stuff I had to get done. Got home at 9pm, ate dinner, and fell asleep by 10pm. Never saw a second of the game.

And won't even get to watch tonight's game either due to our HS football broadcasts, resulting in me being up at work from 6pm until midnight.

As a Cards fan I have seen it all year. We have played tough all year and while Game 3 was historic game 6 was the most intense game I have ever seen. I know I lost about 20 years off my life. But we have played like that for the last 2 months. Now I am pissed because baseball season is over.

Is Tony La Russa retiring a sign that Pujols is not going to comeback as well? TLR did say Pujols was the greatest player he ever managed.

No has nothing to do with it. And trust me IF he leaves he wont be going to the Cubs. He wants to go to a perrinial winner which rules out the Cubs.

He also said at the rally yesterday that they are going to win again next year which I take as a sign he will be back. He loves this town and knows what he has here.

What's he going to say at that parade? See you later LMAO .... of course he'll say things like that right now. I don't think the Cubs really need to go after him. Pena is just fine at first....I hear they're going to go after David Wright, which could be interesting.

Theres alot behind why he would stay. He knows how well he has it here and how much he can do and the freedom he is given. Not just from TLR but from ownership and the media. Can you imagaine how he would be treated in Philly, New York, Boston? I just dont see it but thats my gut. Plus the way Albert is he is concerned about his image and his legacy as well. All that leads to STL. Just my gut but he wont go.

Oh lord.

ESPN MLB - MLB owners voted to extend contract of commissioner Bud Selig through the 2014 season

So it looks like we should move over to this tread but it appears the Pirates traded 2 prospects and took over 13 million owed to AJ Burnett for 2 years from the Yanks.

To me this just seems like an Lyle Overbay signing. Sure it may work out but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't either. Being up some prospects and lets mold this team.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    So it looks like we should move over to this tread but it appears the Pirates traded 2 prospects and took over 13 million owed to AJ Burnett for 2 years from the Yanks.

To me this just seems like an Lyle Overbay signing. Sure it may work out but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't either. Being up some prospects and lets mold this team.
    The 2 prospects that we gave up were really nothing. They weren't even elite prospects so we still have the prospects to bring up too. I think it's a move you had to make. We got a great deal on him.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    The 2 prospects that we gave up were really nothing. They weren't even elite prospects so we still have the prospects to bring up too. I think it's a move you had to make. We got a great deal on him.
    I wasn't positive on the 2 prospects when I posted that but I agree now after reading some things. Good price, just hope he can really contribute to our current pitching.