Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many NCAA games have you owned?

• Facebook
  • Display

How many NCAA games have you owned?

@gamingtailgate: What's the oldest version of NCAA Football you own or have ever owned or played? Here's @cdj80's: http://yfrog.com/0yunnamed1zj

Link to the series - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Football_series

I think I have 13

I owned the original College Football on the Sega and played through '97. Then I took a Madden Sabbatical as College Football wasn't available on N64. Got back into NCAA in 2003 when it came out for the Xbox and have played every year since.

I have them all, though most are "stored" at the ex's house (read: my house that she lives in) so I'm not sure if I'll ever see them again.

I owned and played them all, but I don't keep them. Should have kept NCAA 99 though. Woodson!

I still own every copy from NCAA Football 2003 on.

I even own "NCAA Football" which was made by Mindscape for the Super Nintendo back in 1994. IIRC, it only had a Play Now mode and a Tournament Mode, no Dynasty or season. It only had 40-60 teams or so.

I think NCAA 2003 was the first of the series that I purchased... prior to that I was a College Gamebreaker player. Since that though, I've purchased all of them on release day (or earlier in a couple of instances). I think I still own all of them except for maybe 2003.

I owned 2001, and then 2004 on.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    prior to that I was a College Gamebreaker player.
    Was College Gamebreaker done by 989? I remember their NFL game on PS1 and the insane juke move where you could just juke the whole way down the field and not be touched....and then blow a hammy in the process and the dude would limp along.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Was College Gamebreaker done by 989? I remember their NFL game on PS1 and the insane juke move where you could just juke the whole way down the field and not be touched....and then blow a hammy in the process and the dude would limp along.
    Yeah, that was 989... I loved it on PS1 but it was quite awful on PS2.

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more posts about people playing the 90s editions.

Spent many an hour beating up friends in College Football USA too back in the day.

Gamebreaker was baaaad IMO.

Since 01 to present. I played Gembreaker for the longest before I had to make that switch. I never really understood why keep all of them though? are you really going to replay them? Or is it simply for nostalgia purposes?

I owned 2001, and then from 2003 to present. The only ones I own currently are '11 for 360, and '07 for PS2, because it's my personal favorite in the series.

all the way back to bill walsh... was a gamebreaker guy until 2000 jumped on the NCAA train when they introduced create a play... i buy nothing but college football games always have always will... being 31, my son is finally getting to the age where he is being drawn into the sports game more than the kid titles... and he is now playing NCAA 10, and i will give him my old copy every year until he is old enough to really play seriously and force me to buy two copies every July for new releases...

"E"

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I never really understood why keep all of them though? are you really going to replay them? Or is it simply for nostalgia purposes?
    There is something in my genes that won't let me buy something for $60 and sell it for $5. I've just never been the resale type, I guess.

I had either '98 or '99, but 2000 is where the series really started for me. I then had 2001-2004, skipped 2005 (kept playing my 2004 dynasty), got 06, had 07 briefly before returning it (working on my 1995 Buckeyes in 06), then had 08-11 on the PS3.

So, other than 2005, I've owned every game of the series since 2000, at least.

My first CFB game, like psuexv, was College Football's National Championship from Sega.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    There is something in my genes that won't let me buy something for $60 and sell it for $5. I've just never been the resale type, I guess.
    I used to be the same way. I used to keep all of them since you only get like $1 when you sell them back. I recently just got rid of most of my old games and systems. It was hard to part with NBA Live 1995 though. I used to love that game. Took the Washington Bullets to a number of championships with Webber, Howard and Rasheed Wallace. Plus had Mark Price stroking the 3s.

I started playing back in the Bill Walsh College Football days on the Genisis and have played every one since.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Its all about timing my friend, if you trade it in about a month before the new one comes out you will get about 10.00. I dont trade as much as I use to, only on football really do I trade in games, or games like Red Dead that I know I will never play again. Most of my games I try to keep.

I've played EVERY SINGLE EA Sports college football title from the original Bill Walsh days. I owned at one time every time from Bill Walsh until 08. Rented 09-10 via GameFly and purchased 11.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Its all about timing my friend, if you trade it in about a month before the new one comes out you will get about 10.00. I dont trade as much as I use to, only on football really do I trade in games, or games like Red Dead that I know I will never play again. Most of my games I try to keep.
    This, as I usually sell the previous version about a month before the new version hits. Usually on Ebay since I always get more money than trading in or selling to a game store.