Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)

• Facebook
  • Display

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)

Teaser trailer was posted this morning and the full reveal will be announced this Saturday for the VGAs. Considering it's one of the best games series I've ever played, I can't wait. How many exclusives does Sony plan on releasing next year?

This is awesome. 2 dropped a little bit I thought from 1 but not by much. I just hope the keep the level the same. The multiplayer on 2 was simple and great in my opinion. Not like COD with all of the extras, just simple run around and shoot some fools.

The single player campaign in the 2nd game was the single greatest campaign probably ever made. There's a reason why Hollywood latched onto it and are attempting to make a movie out of it. Hopefully this one is equally as good.

As for the multiplayer, they have a lot to improve upon, IMO. I played it a good bit, but there's a lot of annoyances that kept me from playing it longer. Everyone always says to not Gears of War-it, but I hope that's exactly what they do. They need to get rid of the auto aim, completely re-do the melee system(for online), put the health back to the way it was when the game shipped, and a plethora of other things. I have hope, though.

I'd actually disagree on a couple of things. I thought the single player campaign was better in the first game. The 2nd was really good just liked the first better.

I will agree with the health though... it took way too many shots to put someone down, even if you got a headshot. I like the melee, playing COD right now and it's crap.

I wasn't complaining about the high health, I actually liked that. It required at least a little skill as to what they have now. They eventually patched it to the point where 3 or 4 hits killed someone, which is exactly when I stopped playing. The melee system was highly flawed as well. Half the melee fights ended in both players killing each other because the animations were the same, which definitely needs fixed.

Both campaigns were excellent, but in terms of sheer action and cinematic moments, U2 had many more jaw dropping moments. Regardless, I absolutely can't wait to play the 3rd.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I just wish they'd stop with the third person FPS shit... Just stop... It sucks... Ruined the first one for me and made me not even want to play the second one. I HATED the gun play to the point where it was just more and more annoying and made me not enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    There's a reason why Hollywood latched onto it and are attempting to make a movie out of it. Hopefully this one is equally as good.
    It won't be... Mark Wahlberg is Drake and Robert Deniro and Joe Pesci are playing his dad & uncle and they are international art antiquities dealers. Seriously.

Yeah, I know the movie will suck. I meant hopefully U3 will be as good as U2. That movie has no chance.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    It won't be... Mark Wahlberg is Drake and Robert Deniro and Joe Pesci are playing his dad & uncle and they are international art antiquities dealers. Seriously.
    Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Marky Mark and the Untouchables.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SERIES! I'LL BE BUYING AT MIDNIGHT!

With the title and voiceover talking about dreams, I want to call it 'Drake's Inception.'

Yeah, there's always a quirky little sci-fi element in the Uncharted games, so that might be pretty accurate. Regardless, have you guys looked at the high res shots of this game so far? This game is going to look absolutely stunning in 3d. I already intended on buying a 3d TV for Killzone 3, so I absolutely can't wait to see how awesome it'll look.

Wow, I will never buy another HDTV for a game, actually the one I have isnt for a game, I just wanted a new TV. Also I guess it could be possibly to the fact I think 3D is kinda overrated, and it gives me a serious headache, on top of that I feel quite stupid sitting in my house wearing glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Wow, I will never buy another HDTV for a game, actually the one I have isnt for a game, I just wanted a new TV. Also I guess it could be possibly to the fact I think 3D is kinda overrated, and it gives me a serious headache, on top of that I feel quite stupid sitting in my house wearing glasses.
    All reasons why I am still sitting here with an old Standard Def TV. Unfortunately, most of the "best" HD sets throw in 3D to jack up the price. I cannot tell you how many times I have went to a store to look at a set only to be disappointed that the TV I like the best has a feature that I will NEVER use jacking up the price.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    All reasons why I am still sitting here with an old Standard Def TV. Unfortunately, most of the "best" HD sets throw in 3D to jack up the price. I cannot tell you how many times I have went to a store to look at a set only to be disappointed that the TV I like the best has a feature that I will NEVER use jacking up the price.
    I got my 60" 1080p 3D-Ready TV for under $800 earlier this year. I've debated several times buying the glasses but so far I don't have enough incentive. I MIGHT buy them by the time Uncharted 3 comes out but considering that's likely late next year, by then it will be easy to tell whether it's going to pan out or not.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I got my 60" 1080p 3D-Ready TV for under $800 earlier this year. I've debated several times buying the glasses but so far I don't have enough incentive. I MIGHT buy them by the time Uncharted 3 comes out but considering that's likely late next year, by then it will be easy to tell whether it's going to pan out or not.
    Yeah I'd prob finally bite the bullet if the sets I wanted were under 1K. The sets I have been looking at have been generally $1,500 and up and I just know that $500 (or more) of it is for 3D which neither my wife or I has any interest in.

Count me in as someone who liked the first Uncharted better. I actually was disappointed with Uncharted 2. It was still a good game but I was expecting an epic game and it failed in a few areas for me. I know most people are like IOU in that they liked the second one better. My brother liked UC2 better as well.

I think the biggest complaint for the first one was that some boards were repetitive. It did get that way. I think the second game really improved upon the stealth aspects so that was nice. Some people didn't like the zombies in UC1 but I thought that was a cool twist that freaked me out. My heart was pumping in that dark sub. But the story and twists were better in the first game imo and I liked the larger environments. The original Uncharted will always be special to me. The game and story just blew me away.

My biggest complaints about UC2 were that it was overly scripted and rushed. It felt like the game was constantly pushing me through each level "Hurry! Hurry!". The entire opening sequence where you escape from the train felt useless to play. It was just one animation to another that I had no control over. The boss fight on the train felt bad too. I'm shooting the guy with no effect because the game decided it has to be a fist fight. That's fine but make sure I don't have a shotgun in my hands and have the ability to shoot another human being and make that human being appear like Superman. There were just too many scripted moments like that for me and it ticked me off throughout the game. The game constantly pushed me in one direction and then blocked me from returning. Some rubble would fall down blocking my door, something would explode, etc. In the first game you would defeat the wave of bad guys and then had time to explore or even go back to where you came from to search for treasures which were actually possible to find. The treasure hunting in UC2 was way too difficult imo.

The first half of UC2 just felt too rushed and confined. The second half of the game felt a lot more like UC1 and I definitely enjoyed that more. I've played through the first game roughly 3 times but only played through UC2 once. I started it a second time and the escape from the train just pissed me off and I traded it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Count me in as someone who liked the first Uncharted better. I actually was disappointed with Uncharted 2. It was still a good game but I was expecting an epic game and it failed in a few areas for me. I know most people are like IOU in that they liked the second one better. My brother liked UC2 better as well.

I think the biggest complaint for the first one was that some boards were repetitive. It did get that way. I think the second game really improved upon the stealth aspects so that was nice. Some people didn't like the zombies in UC1 but I thought that was a cool twist that freaked me out. My heart was pumping in that dark sub. But the story and twists were better in the first game imo and I liked the larger environments. The original Uncharted will always be special to me. The game and story just blew me away.

My biggest complaints about UC2 were that it was overly scripted and rushed. It felt like the game was constantly pushing me through each level "Hurry! Hurry!". The entire opening sequence where you escape from the train felt useless to play. It was just one animation to another that I had no control over. The boss fight on the train felt bad too. I'm shooting the guy with no effect because the game decided it has to be a fist fight. That's fine but make sure I don't have a shotgun in my hands and have the ability to shoot another human being and make that human being appear like Superman. There were just too many scripted moments like that for me and it ticked me off throughout the game. The game constantly pushed me in one direction and then blocked me from returning. Some rubble would fall down blocking my door, something would explode, etc. In the first game you would defeat the wave of bad guys and then had time to explore or even go back to where you came from to search for treasures which were actually possible to find. The treasure hunting in UC2 was way too difficult imo.

The first half of UC2 just felt too rushed and confined. The second half of the game felt a lot more like UC1 and I definitely enjoyed that more. I've played through the first game roughly 3 times but only played through UC2 once. I started it a second time and the escape from the train just pissed me off and I traded it in.
    I've only played through UC2. I just got UC1 from GameFly and its interesting there is a "divide" on which game people prefer.

The two games are similar but definitely different. I'll be curious to see how you like UC1 compared to UC2. Some of the story elements are blown because you played UC2 though.