Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Madden NFL 11

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    3 of the top 4 plays have negative yardage. Lmao.

EDIT: Wait, something seems horribly off about the Yds/Play numbers. Seems like most of the offensive numbers are negative while all of the defensive numbers are above 2. That doesn't compute.
    That's what I was thinking. Doesn't seem right to me...

All plays run in Madden 11 and the Top 50 based on average yards per play:

From Ian: That version of FL Drag Under has apparently only been called like 14 times, with 2 interceptions.

Ian also tweeted that right 70-75% of all play calls are being made via GameFlow. Though, with that being the default that will definitely drive up the numbers IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Ian also tweeted that right 70-75% of all play calls are being made via GameFlow. Though, with that being the default that will definitely drive up the numbers IMO.
    Wow that's crazy. I guess the "casual" "masses" either like it or don't know how to turn it off. Everything I have read has been pretty negative about GameFlow (particularly bad play calling).

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Wow that's crazy. I guess the "casual" "masses" either like it or don't know how to turn it off. Everything I have read has been pretty negative about GameFlow (particularly bad play calling).
    Play calling on D can be somewhat questionable but if you take the time to fully create your gameplan then the gameflow feature isn't too bad. I usually use my gameflow for offense (and use a lot of audibles) and use my full playbook for D.

Ian refused to accept the fact the gaming audience doesn't share some of his desires. Gameflow isn't that popular, much like his new audible system, OTP, and dual stick controls. But keep ignoring franchise mode because that makes the masses happy. The fact he hasn't implemented user/cpu sliders for special teams and has kept a global system makes no sense.

Yeah I can't stand the Strategy Pad, even though I got used to it, but I use it less compared to NCAA, the system just makes no sense.

I used GameFlow for about four games, but when I went to implement my own game plan, it would call the same play all the damn time.

I haven't even had an itch to play Madden. I really enjoyed the game more last yr (much more than NCAA). However, online franchise was BROKEN and offline Franchise mode was even worse.

Do you guys think they finally revamp Franchise/Online franchise in 12 or do they just give up on getting Franchise guys to play Madden and stick with the online play now East Roomers?

I've recently picked the game back up to play Ultimate Team.

I sure as hell hope they fix what's missing in online franchises....a salary cap is NEEDED. As to if it gets done this year...hard to say, feels like it's due since it's not been changed for so long.

I exclusively play online (not ranked or lobby games) but in sim-style leagues and an online franchise. May just be me but I didn't think too many people played offline anymore. I don't have the patience to tweak every slider to get a "realistic" enjoyable game from the CPU, I only play on All-Madden and the last time I played a game against the CPU it was unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Do you guys think they finally revamp Franchise/Online franchise in 12 or do they just give up on getting Franchise guys to play Madden and stick with the online play now East Roomers?
    I got the impression from the second Madden dev podcast that Madden 12 will see a lot of Franchise improvements, but not necessarily everything that was in NFL Head Coach - at least not in one year's time.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I got the impression from the second Madden dev podcast that Madden 12 will see a lot of Franchise improvements, but not necessarily everything that was in NFL Head Coach - at least not in one year's time.
    Where have I heard that one before. "I need more time." They have had the Head Coach guys on staff for years now and still do next to nothing. Ian said last summer that big franchise changes take more than one year and then admitted they hadn't worked on anything. It became a running joke in some areas that if you want something in Madden, add it to the Madden 13 wishlist and it might get done.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I've recently picked the game back up to play Ultimate Team.

I sure as hell hope they fix what's missing in online franchises....a salary cap is NEEDED. As to if it gets done this year...hard to say, feels like it's due since it's not been changed for so long.
    Ian said they didn't work on online franchise this year because it wasn't utilized much the previous year but absolutely refused to accept any blame for not having a salary cap for the online franchise. He said the lack of features had nothing to do with the failure of that mode. Baloney. Then he puts all his online time in OTP which had to be a disaster in terms of useage.

I'd like to see the average number of OD guys vs. copies sold in NCAA 11 vs. online franchise guys vs. copies sold in Madden 11. If OD is popular in NCAA there is no reason why an NFL game can't have a successful online franchise mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Where have I heard that one before. "I need more time." They have had the Head Coach guys on staff for years now and still do next to nothing. Ian said last summer that big franchise changes take more than one year and then admitted they hadn't worked on anything. It became a running joke in some areas that if you want something in Madden, add it to the Madden 13 wishlist and it might get done.

Ian said they didn't work on online franchise this year because it wasn't utilized much the previous year but absolutely refused to accept any blame for not having a salary cap for the online franchise. He said the lack of features had nothing to do with the failure of that mode. Baloney. Then he puts all his online time in OTP which had to be a disaster in terms of useage.

I'd like to see the average number of OD guys vs. copies sold in NCAA 11 vs. online franchise guys vs. copies sold in Madden 11. If OD is popular in NCAA there is no reason why an NFL game can't have a successful online franchise mode.
    Yeah I am so tired of hearing "next year" from the Madden team. I loved Madden 10 and was so excited about major francise updates for Madden 11... and we got nothing. I hate to say 2k5 but come on EA... a six year old game is still light years ahead of where Madden should be. Madden 12 may well determine if I am finished with the series or not.

Don't talk about 2K5 if you are talking about franchise mode. They had competing offers but the cpu teams only drafted one of four positions in the first round. They had some really bad things in franchise mode. The weekly presentation show was the best part about it.

Honestly, the biggest way to spruce up Madden's franchise mode it to add morale. Dealing with players whining about playing time and having negative morale affect player performance would make it more interesting. I'd love to see agents added to the game with huge demands and different things a player looks for when signing. Close to home? Potential champion? Chance to compete for starting job? These types of things and promises would add a lot to the offseason.

Here's a great article on team selection in Madden NFL 11 for every NFL team and shows what caused a spike or drop in their selection: Gamers Mimic the Season's Up and Downs

The team with Vick was the most popular all year.

Shocker.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud