Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

• Facebook
  • Display

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Some news came out today that has got me If this is true, I'm kinda glad it is a direct sequel rather than an MMO. I'm not sure if I would like an MMO.

http://tinyurl.com/2fcj4pm

Eurogamer Denmark’s reporting that a Bethesda rep has said Elder Scrolls V is not only in development, but that’s a straight sequel to Oblivion.

Going by this machine translation (via M2G), VO is currently underway.
    The news comes from “a person involved in the game project.”

EG.dk says in the report that it isn’t going to drop any more details because of an NDA. Bethesda will be pleased about that.

Bethesda boss Todd Howard said at QuakeCon in August that a two-year project staffed by a team of 90 was to be announced soon, adding that the title is “pretty far along.”

The next Elder Scrolls game has been rumoured forever. It was supposed to be heading for an E3 announcement in June.

We were told back in January that the RPG is actually an MMO.

Sounds like we’ll know soon enough. Bethesda’s declined to comment on the story.

Confirmed at VGAs with teaser trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Confirmed at VGAs with teaser trailer.
    times infinity

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Nice ... something fresh will be sweet. I need to put Oblivion back in eventually. Now that I finished New Vegas, I'll probably do it soon. Never did finish it. Oblivion was one of the casualties of my PS3 getting stolen three years ago as I had 70+ hours into it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Nice ... something fresh will be sweet. I need to put Oblivion back in eventually. Now that I finished New Vegas, I'll probably do it soon. Never did finish it. Oblivion was one of the casualties of my PS3 getting stolen three years ago as I had 70+ hours into it.
    I've purchased it twice (once on PS3, once on PC), though probably only spent a grand total of $15 for them combined, and neither times have I been able to finish it. Not sure what it is, but it just seems as though it's too much to do. I'll probably try and pick up where I left off on PC to see how much I have left.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I've purchased it twice (once on PS3, once on PC) and neither times have I been able to finish it. Not sure what it is, but it just seems as though it's too much to do. I'll probably try and pick up where I left off on PC to see how much I have left.
    Yeah I had it on PS3, put in 70+ hours, restarted on the PS3, put in another 30+ hours. Sold it and am going with the GOTY edition on 360, but I'm not too far at all on that...I think I'm barely out of jail and meeting Jaffre for the first time.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I might actually be interested now that they aren't using a 10 year old engine (Gamebryo) for their game. It's about time they stepped up their game. The environments may have looked pretty decent (definitely not great and whoever made their landscapes needs to do more research on how environments work), but the models looked atrocious.

Now if they can just make a main plot line that's actually interesting and isn't the same old cliche crap, I might actually play their game for more than 20 hours before getting bored.

For you Twitter peeps....they just opened up a Twitter account for Skyrim:

@ElderScrolls

oooh, piece of candy...first screen:

Skyrim also utilizes a new "Radiant Story" quest system, which allows the game to personalize side quests for each individual player. Rather than simply offering a prescribed list of quests in certain locations, the game can tailor quests to each player based on where they are, which characters they've met and what their skills are.

More stuff on the new engine:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1144410p1.html

Cannot wait!

Finally, Skyrim's new technologies will also have an impact on the way the game plays out, having a bearing on player quests. "Traditionally in an assassination quest, we would pick someone of interest and have you assassinate them," Howard explained. "Now there is a template for an assassination mission and the game can conditionalize all the roles – where it happens, under what conditions does it take place, who wants someone assassinated, and who they want assassinated. All this can be generated based on where the character is, who he's met. They can conditionalize that someone who you've done a quest for before wants someone assassinated, and the target could be someone with whom you've spent a lot of time before."

That's great and all, but if their storyline isn't at least interesting they aren't getting my money...

Water still looks terrible... They have no concept of how flowing water over rocks is supposed to look.

The werewolf looking creature looks atrocious and the swords still look bland and boring (and fake as hell).

Glad to see they might have actually fixed the character models though.

It's okay Mors, there's still 9+ months before the game comes out

I. Want. Now!

First in-game footage:

Running water still looks horrible...

but I gotta agree, the game looks beautiful, now, does the story actually make me want to spend the time playing the game?

(sigh) Is the PC version going to get gimped again because they're making a PS3 and 360 port? Sure as hell sounds like it...