Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Recruiting Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by fsuprime View Post
    i had X2s 4 weeks in a row and could not pass anyone lol...yay.
    I think I got three weeks of Unlocks and 1 X2. Would have much rather had the X2s, lol.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Still not committed. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Week 14 Top 25 Update:
    #1 Penn State
    #3 Michigan
    #7 USC
    #9 Florida State
    #10 Miami
    #14 Ohio State
    #19 Virginia Tech
    #20 Wisconsin
    Final Regular Season Top 25 Update:
    #1 Penn State
    #3 Michigan
    #8 USC
    #9 Florida State
    #10 Miami
    #12 Ohio State
    #18 Virginia Tech
    #23 Wisconsin

EDIT: Had to share this ... there are currently 1733 players that are Hard Committed to a school.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 01-08-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Had to share this ... there are currently 1733 players that are Hard Committed to a school.
    And I only have 4...two of which are 5* and 4* QB's.

Well ... there are 843 not committed??? Seriously though ... when you consider offseason recruits that's over 2600 players per recruiting class. No wonder they have to procedurally generate them rather than using pre-made classes like Madden does.

Haven't updated since Week 5 this season, so I thought I'd throw everyone I've signed this season into one post. This is Ohio State's class, of course.

Joel Jackson
    #2 SS | #44 OVR
    [espnu150] [4star]
    Bridgetown North, OH
    6'1" 171 lbs
    Hard Hitter
    Despite having three underclassmen at SS, Jackson's talent could not be ignored by the Ohio State recruiters. Because the Buckeyes do have significant depth at that position, it is particularly hoped that Jackson will be able to take a year off and redshirt before being needed on the field.

Quinton Johnson
    #8 QB | #67 OVR
    [espnu150] [4star]
    Hobart, OK
    6'4" 189 lbs
    Balanced
    With a decent arm and an above-average ability to run, Johnson was quickly a Buckeye target with the impending graduation of QB Joe Germaine and top backup QB Mark Garcia. While not the most impressive scrambler in the class, Johnson's talents mesh well with the future of the Ohio State offense.

Tyler Russell
    #8 G | #79 OVR
    [espnu150] [4star]
    Albion, MI
    6'5" 305 lbs
    Balanced
    Another Michigan man runs away from the home state school and crosses the border into Ohio. Russell will probably cement himself at the RG position where only Sophomore Ben Gilbert currently lines up for the Buckeyes. Russell will certainly assert himself as the starter-to-be, and is expected to make regular contributions to the line's rotation.

Chase Mitchell
    #19 MLB
    [4star]
    Alliance, OH
    6'0" 241 lbs
    Balanced
    Build a fence around Ohio and then go recruit nationally. That's what ESPN Head of National Recruiting Tom Luginbill says about Ohio State's recruiting strategy. While Ohio State has been losing top recruits to other area schools in recent years, the Buckeyes still fight for every Ohio prospect they can. The Buckeyes were almost stunned by MAC contender Toledo, who recruited Mitchell very hard. But in the end, the lure of Columbus was too much as the Buckeyes get another solid defensive recruit for 2013.

Jason Roberson
    #21 DT
    [4star]
    Dublin, OH
    6'4" 254 lbs
    Run Stopper
    Almost a carbon copy of fellow DT recruit Ty Horton, give or take 40 pounds, Roberson is another Ohio committment for the Buckeyes' defense. While lacking the speed and mobility that some schools would want out of their interior linemen, Roberson doesn't give an inch inside the trenches, and has demonstrated above-average ability to get around blocks. His tackling is impressive when you consider his lack of explosiveness, and the Buckeyes hope that Roberson can add some weight once he comes to Columbus.

T.J. Norman
    #20 G
    [4star]
    Westlake, OH
    6'5" 325 lbs
    Balanced
    Another depth signee, Norman was targeted to bring some reliability to the back end of the offensive line rotation. Because he needs to grow on the practice field, it is hoped that Norman will be able to redshirt in his first season in Columbus.

Ty Horton
    #25 DT
    [4star]
    Madeira, OH
    6'3" 292 lbs
    Run Stopper
    One reason for Ohio State's 2012 "experiment" in the 34 defense was a lack of depth up front. While the Buckeyes are confident they have enough depth for a 2013 return to the 4-2-5, the future of the defensive line is a concern. Ty Horton's early commitment to the Buckeyes does help quell some of those concerns. Horton does not have the talent necessary to immediately start at the Big Ten level, but since he has two sophomores-to-be in front of him, that shouldn't be a problem.

Scott Battle
    #37 DE
    [3star]
    Amherst, OH
    6'1" 247 lbs
    Balanced
    Like the Buckeyes' first commitment, Ty Horton, Scott Battle was targeted because he had expressed interest in staying in Columbus, and would fill a badly needed depth spot on the defensive line. While technically a position of need, Battle is coming in behind two sophomores-to-be in Kenny Peterson and Rodney Bailey. He's not expected to challenge either of them once he steps on campus, it is hoped that Battle can provide a solid, dependable rotation on the defensive front.

Eddie Johnson
    #39 CB (JUCO - So)
    [3star]
    Lambertville, MI
    5'9" 178 lbs
    Balanced
    Even the recruit himself, Eddie Johnson, would admit he's not normally the type of player that is recruited to wear scarlet and gray. Johnson benefited from a lackluster recruiting class while the Buckeyes had a position of need at defensive back. Buckeye coaches hope that his year at Junior College will help Johnson develop some of his raw physical talent. Johnson carries plenty of top end speed, but struggles a little more with his starting acceleration, and may lack the directional agility that cornerbacks need. However, he will help shore up a depleted secondary for years to come.

Thomas Galloway
    #19 OLB
    [3star]
    League City, TX
    6'0" 220 lbs
    Run Stopper
    Ohio State taps that black gold Texas pipeline again, landing OLB Thomas Galloway. Galloway is expected to make a contribution as early as next season at OLB, with the Buckeyes expected to return to the 4-3 defense. Galloway could use some time in the gym and on the practice field, but the linebacker depth concerns may not allow it.

D.D. Thompson
    #21 OLB (JUCO - Jr)
    [3star]
    Winchester, VA
    5'11" 209 lbs
    Run Stopper
    A raw physical specimen from northwest of Washington DC, Thompson is another linebacker, and another junior college transfer, that found himself at a position of need for the Buckeyes' defense. Thompson impressed on the Junior College field with his rapid acceleration, moving from strafing the line to tackling the ballcarrier in the metaphorical blink of an eye. He doesn't have quite the top end speed that Big Ten linebackers are likely to need, but Thompson's acceleration, agility, and tackling may be able to make up for that lacking quality. With the Buckeyes expected to return to the 4-3 next season, Thompson may redshirt or play depending on depth.

Rob Callahan
    #27 OLB
    [3star]
    Sawmills, NC
    6'5" 219 lbs
    Run Stopper
    The third, yes, third, outside linebacker committment for Ohio State is Rob Callahan. Callahan is by far the tallest linebacker coming to Columbus, but he's also the most raw. Callahan will need a lot of work on the practice field and weight room before he's ready to take the field in the Big Ten. The Rivals.com message boards have claimed that Callahan practically begged Ohio State to take him on and redshirt him, as even the young man realized he needed another year of work. Ohio State coaches, still concerned about their depth, may not have a choice.

Chris Phillips
    #48 T
    [3star]
    Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
    6'3" 290 lbs
    Balanced
    An overlooked linemen from Canada, Phillips is the prototype of a dependable, balanced offensive line prospect. While he doesn't share the limelight with top linemen, Phillips will be a solid contributer to the Ohio State offensive line when he has an opportunity. Phillips should play a backup role for at least two seasons, possibly with one redshirt year.

Stephen Clark
    #59 CB
    [3star]
    Mountain Brook, Alabama
    6'1" 183 lbs
    Hard Hitter
    Clark is yet another example of adding depth at Ohio State in the 2013 class. With three cornerbacks leaving Columbus after this season, the Buckeyes were left with a solid, dependable group of corners, but no 2nd team to mass sub later in the contest. It is currently hoped that Clark will be able to stay under the radar and redshirt for one season before jumping into Big Ten competition.

Patrick Nichols
    #59 T
    [3star]
    Dade City, FL
    6'4" 327 lbs
    Run Block
    A truly massive big man, Nichols will probably be the 5th tackle on Ohio State's roster next season. He needs at least one or two years to turn physical talent into football talent, and right now is arguably a hinderance in the passing game. However, Nichols' skill in run blocking was too obvious to pass up, especially for a Buckeye team needing offensive line depth.

And, not that you guys care, but here's what I get to work with in A&M:
    FS #4 Tate
    WR #13 Lilly
    DE #18 Peterson
    SS #12 Broussard
    FS #15 Bryant
    HB #29 Patterson
    DE #26 Mckinney
    CB #15 Jones
    CB #17 Purcell
    TE #23 Lemon
    CB #29 Reed
    P #6 Walker
    P #7 Nichols
    FB #36 Campbell

Tate is extremely impressive, with A SPD and ACC, and may get a look at other positions (namely SS). Peterson will also be an interesting prospect, since he comes highly rated in Pursuit and Block Shedding. Either Jones or Purcell will be moved to FS if Tate moves to SS. None of the others are anything worth writing home about, and it's amusing that they signed two punters who are both horrible. D+ power for both. I'm going to cry if kicking recruits aren't considerably better in NCAA 12.

Don't remind me about Tate :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Papa LoneStar View Post
    Don't remind me about Tate :-(
    Oh, trust me, I plan to use that against you often.

It's about the only thing I've got going for me!

I assume I already know the answer to this ... but DT #5 Bratton, who has Miami and FSU as Top 2 schools ... he's a new Offseason recruit, right?

I assume I already know the answer to this ... but DT #5 Bratton, who has Miami and FSU as Top 2 schools ... he's a new Offseason recruit, right?
    That he is. He should look good in orange and green.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    That he is. He should look good in orange and green.
    Strange thing ... he was already on A&M's board when I switched to them. I wonder if the CPU teams are able to "add" (but not recruit) the new recruits when we advance to Offseason Week 1.

If I can get this plethora of :4 star:s I added to my board, I'll be in good shape for the next few seasons. I"m hoping I get 1 out of the 2 QBs I'm going after right now.

I was gonna look at that #5 DT as a possible strongside DE....but I see I would be wasting my time if I continued recruiting him.

when has that stopped you before

Through Week 2 of the Offseason

Keith Weaver
    #76 DE | #917 OVR
    [3star]
    6'6" 202 lbs
    Fort Hood, TX

Kelechi Collier
    #15 QB | #170 OVR
    [4star]
    6'1" 183 lbs
    Centerville, SC

Sean Perry
    #73 WR | #457 OVR
    [3star]
    6'6" 205 lbs
    Del Rio, TX

Kenneth Handy
    #33 OLB | #993 OVR
    [3star] JUCO Sophomore
    6'1" 237 lbs
    Washington, DC

Andre Jefferson
    #97 DT | #1270 OVR
    [3star] JUCO Junior
    6'4" 262 lbs
    Zanesville, OH

Kendall Jude
    #5 FS | #105 OVR
    [4star] [espnu150]
    6'0" 177 lbs
    Riverview, MI

Nice signing of Kendall Jude, I love his speed and ACC from the FS position. I tried to sneak on his board but had no such luck. I was hoping to RS him big time.

Another note, I have only 2 promises hidden now. I have unlocked all of them but 2, Yippie!!

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Another note, I have only 2 promises hidden now. I have unlocked all of them but 2, Yippie!!
    They are definitely helpful. I unlocked 'em all after the 2012 regular season (McDaniel, Campbell, etc.) due to promising them a conference title their 1st year on campus during the recruiting part of the 2011 regular season. Helped big-time....I really use the top 10 and games in home state one for out-of-state recruits....big-time points.
    Last edited by Papa LoneStar; 01-14-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Considering that I have been utterly unable to use anything other than "No Redshirt" and a couple of "Solid Playing Time" promises (i.e. no "Winning record versus rivals" or conference title promises for me), I think it's pretty impressive that I've unlocked all but 3.

#5 DT Orlando Bratton is now a Cane!