Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout: New Vegas

• Facebook
  • Display

Fallout: New Vegas

Probably one of my most anticipated non-sports titles of the year right here.....

The box art was just released the other day:

Last edited by JBHuskers; 06-14-2010 at 10:13 AM.

I don't get too many special editions, but Fallout: New Vegas will be an exception:

^^^

+1

agreed.

Gamestop had a free overnight ship on orders over $80 today. Decided to get the collector's edition of this (as $79.99 qualified).

Freshman
    Although I no longer do any special editions, this is the game I am most looking forward to this year. I spent countless hours plaing Fallout 3 (two 100+ hour playthoughs). Once I catch up in my queue, I might get another Fallout 3 playthrough done before New Vegas comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisey105 View Post
    Although I no longer do any special editions, this is the game I am most looking forward to this year. I spent countless hours plaing Fallout 3 (two 100+ hour playthoughs). Once I catch up in my queue, I might get another Fallout 3 playthrough done before New Vegas comes out.
    Definitely....I played through it most of the way on the PS3, then switched to 360 because the add-ons were only on there for a while, then switched back to PS3 once they implemented trophies. I will probably give it an almost 3rd runthrough myself before New Vegas drops.

I need to finish up Fallout 3 before this one comes out, but not sure I'll have the time or be able to just pick it up from my last save spot. I'd probably be better off just restarting the game and try to fly through (if it's possible to fly through a game like this).

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I need to finish up Fallout 3 before this one comes out, but not sure I'll have the time or be able to just pick it up from my last save spot. I'd probably be better off just restarting the game and try to fly through (if it's possible to fly through a game like this).
    If you don't go on any side missions and exploration, you could in a reasonable amount of time.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    If you don't go on any side missions and exploration, you could in a reasonable amount of time.
    But the side missions and exploration are half the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisey105 View Post
    But the side missions and exploration are half the fun.
    Yeah that is definitely true. I'm a big fan of non-linear RPG's and games to do that stuff. That is what took me a little longer to beat Red Dead Redemption. If CDJ is trying to fly through, he'll never get through doing the side stuff.

Fallout: New Vegas dev diary with Feargus Urquhart, President of Obsidian Entertainment. It talks about the dev team and studio.

Fallout: New Vegas Fan interview

Some of the interview:

Will perks be available every level, every other level, every third level, etc.?
    From OakTable via Bethesda Blog

Josh Sawyer: We have shifted the perk rate to a game setting within the GECK. We currently have it set to one perk every two levels. Internal feedback to it has been mixed, so it's too early to say if we will keep it at this setting.

Will we be able to level past 20? Or 30?
    From Justin via Facebook

JS: Our level cap is 30.

Will you get to meet that badass from the teaser trailer?
    From @Xenoliath via Twitter

JS: Eventually.

Pre-Order Perks:

Caravan Pack - Steam & Wal-Mart
    Classic Pack - GameStop
    Mercenary Pack - Best Buy
    Tribal Pack - Amazon

The New Vegas E3 trailer hits tomorrow.

I am most excited about the hardcore mode that will be in the game. I love a challenge in a game, especially one like New Vegas. The one thing I am having trouble with now is which store to pre order it from lol.

We now have a solid release date.....October 19th.

I've just started playing Fallout 3. This new game should be nothing short of bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by spiker View Post
    I've just started playing Fallout 3. This new game should be nothing short of bad ass.
    Definitely. It won't be a huge departure from Fallout 3, and that is a good thing.

From Joystiq - the voice talent in the game is pretty impressive!

Narrators. Narrators never change. Yes, of course Ron Perlman will be featured in Fallout: New Vegas, but you might be interested in hearing about the cadre of other famous folks lending their voices to the forthcoming Obsidian-developed RPG. Wayne Newton will play radio DJ "Mr. New Vegas," while Matthew Perry will voice "Benny, the head of the Geckos family." Felicia Day is handling the voice of "Veronica, a sarcastic Brotherhood of Steel scribe."

In addition, From Dusk 'Til Dawn favorite Danny Trejo will give his gravitas to "a third playable companion," hilariously named "Raul the Ghoul." Kris Kristofferson, Michael Dorn, William Sadler, John Doman, and Rene Auberjonois make up the rest of the star-studded list.