Page 25 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Random College Football Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    ULM's intro video... really cool or really cheesey?
    http://www.ulmwarhawks.com/mediaPort...9512&id=797699
    really kind of pointless and non directional

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Well, Boise football gets a slap on the wrist. Boise tennis (and more specifically the coach) gets a kick in the rear. Otherwise, the punishment really makes no sense.

My personal favorite part of the official penalties list: "Public reprimand and censure." Wtf.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Hello to the Pac-16?

CLAREMORE, Okla. -- University of Oklahoma officials are scheduled to discuss its Big 12 affiliation on Monday.

The school's board of regents has posted the agenda for Monday's meeting. It's a single paragraph that says the board will consider switching conference affiliation, and any legal ramifications of such a move.

The agenda says the regents may discuss the topic behind closed doors and "take any appropriate action."

University president David Boren said earlier this month that Oklahoma had been in contact with multiple conferences and expected a decision within a three-week timeframe that would run out next week.

The Big 12 lost Nebraska (Big Ten) and Colorado (Pac-12) in July, leaving it with 10 members.

As an OU fan I wish they would stay in the Big 12 but doesn't look like that's going to happen. Schools are pissed off by the longhorn network. I DO NOT want to lose the OU/Texas game. That'll suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    As an OU fan I wish they would stay in the Big 12 but doesn't look like that's going to happen. Schools are pissed off by the longhorn network. I DO NOT want to lose the OU/Texas game. That'll suck.

Odds are you wouldn't have to worry about it. If Oklahoma goes to the Pac-12, Oklahoma State is automatically going with them, and odds are easily more than likely that Texas and Texas Tech will be going as well. Now if Oklahoma were to decide to go to the SEC, then goodbye to the OU/Texas game, as it's be Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and whatever other team (probably Missouri).

I've read that the problem with Texas moving to the PAC 12 is the longhorn network vs the PAC 12 tv network. Who knows?? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Well, they're going to have that problem pretty much no matter where they move, unless they say screw it and go Indy.

when texas and ou officials met earlier in the week, texas said they wanted to stay in the big 12 whereas ou told texas that they wanted to move to the pac 12. ou also said that oklahoma state and texas tech favor that move as well, rather than staying in the big12.

interesting.....pitt and syracuse talking to the ACC

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ast-conference

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    interesting.....pitt and syracuse talking to the ACC

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...ast-conference
    Pitt basically means WVU is coming too. I highly doubt it otherwise.

Per ESPN, Pitt and Syracuse have applied to join the ACC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Pitt basically means WVU is coming too. I highly doubt it otherwise.
    I would have a little more doubt. Rivalries are getting thrown out the window when $$$$ is involved. And Pitt/Syracuse have $$$$ reasons for the ACC. WVU doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Anybody else hear what sounds like a cell phone ringtone in the background of the NFL on Fox broadcasts? It's just a series of electronic tones, not music, lasting a second or so ... but then it happens again, and again, and again. I also noticed it last night during the NASCAR on Fox broadcast. Haven't noticed it during anything else.

I've started noticing the tones of apps like TweetDeck in the background during radio broadcasts recently, so I'm wondering if maybe that's basically what's happening here.
    I posted ^^^^^ last week in the NFL thread. Now I'm hearing it during the ESPN ABC Auburn/Clemson broadcast. What the hell is that?!?!
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 09-17-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I would have a little more doubt. Rivalries are getting thrown out the window when $$$$ is involved. And Pitt/Syracuse have $$$$ reasons for the ACC. WVU doesn't.
    The ACC would be crazy not to take WVU. All they're getting with Pitt and Syracuse is two more fanbases that don't travel at all. They already have like 8 schools with that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    The ACC would be crazy not to take WVU. All they're getting with Pitt and Syracuse is two more fanbases that don't travel at all.
    Television sets. No one really cares about fan bases and traveling in this discussion.

@ChipBrownOB
    Big 12 administrator tells Orangebloods.com Syracuse and Pitt will be announced as 13th and 14th members of the #ACC on Sunday.

So long Big East. SEC and Pac-12 gonna raid the Big 12. ACC and Big Ten gonna raid the Big East. At least people could possibly get their wish of a 4 team playoff. 4 16-team super conferences, it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    So long Big East. SEC and Pac-12 gonna raid the Big 12. ACC and Big Ten gonna raid the Big East. At least people could possibly get their wish of a 4 team playoff. 4 16-team super conferences, it could happen.
    lol @ tcu now. think they'll ask to rejoin the mountain west?

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    So long Big East.
    God I hope so. The conference, as a football conference, is a fuckin' joke. Feel bad for TCU though.

I'm really excited to join the ACC. It's really nerve-racking when you don't know if you're going to be one of the schools left out of the realignment shuffle and the Big East was easy pickins' for the other conferences for quite some time now. Post-raid they have done OK (sans last season) on the field but unfortunately in this day and age that's just not enough to survive. You've got to have good leadership and the Big East is really lacking there.

WVU is going to land somewhere. I'm going to be a little saddened if they don't come along to the ACC but if they get into the SEC their fans will obviously jump for joy. They're a good fit for that conference, really, and more-so than for the ACC. Secondly, the Backyard Brawl has to continue. I'm sure that Pitt will do all that it can to keep it alive. If they don't I will be pissed - we know what it's like to lose a rival due to arrogance and it's a true shame for the fanbase.

If the Big East does, it's going to be the WAC of the east. I think UConn and either West Virginia or South Florida are going to be #15 and 16 in the ACC. The Big Ten, if they can beat out the SEC, pick up Missouri, along with Rutgers, Louisville, and whoever else (maybe Notre Dame, maybe West Virginia if the ACC doesn't take them). Cincinnati would make sense, but it'll be a cold day in hell before Ohio State would agree to Cincinnati being let into the Big Ten.