Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Knight Rises

• Facebook
  • Display

The Dark Knight Rises

Christopher Nolan’s third Batman film will be called “The Dark Knight Rises” and though the Gotham City auteur isn’t ready to reveal the villain of his 2012 film, he did eliminate one of the big contenders: “It won’t be the Riddler,” Nolan said in an exclusive interview with the Hero Complex.

Nolan was most eager to talk about the fact that Warner Bros. had agreed with his argument that the film should resist the current 3-D craze and instead use high-definition approaches and IMAX cameras to strike out on a different cinematic path than the stereoscopic technology that, for better or worse, has become the dominant conversation in the blockbuster sector.

As for the title, it shows the writer-director’s intention to keep his Bruce Wayne trilogy tightly stitched together. “We’ll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we’ll be introducing some new ones,” Nolan said cryptically.

Full story here.

I'm glad to hear another Batman film is on the way but I don't know about the title.

Looking forward to the film!

I agree that they should avoid the 3D craze....

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Thank GOD they are avoiding the 3D craze.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Thank GOD they are avoiding the 3D craze.
    Agreed.

Some buzz that Hush could be the villain....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hush_(comics)

I don't read the comics, but thanks to Wiki I'm kinda up on a lot of what goes on over the past couple of decades. It's amazing how many twists and tangents the entire Batman story has taken within the comics.

I don't see how it could be him unless they totally rewrite Hush's background (since he's pretty tied to Bruce's background with them growing up together and all and having not been introduced before, wouldn't make much sense).

Not to mention how closely tied Hush is to The Riddler.

I just don't see it being him but I wouldn't be disheartened if it turned out to be him afterall.

From IGN: http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1133672p1.html

Six beautiful actresses are reportedly under consideration for the two unspecified female leads in The Dark Knight Rises.

Deadline claims "one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain." The six actresses are Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Anne Hathaway, Naomi Watts, Rachel Weisz and Blake Lively.

Portman, a Star Wars vet, is no stranger to comic book movies having appeared in V for Vendetta and the forthcoming Thor. Knightley starred in the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy and also was up for the female lead in Captain America: The First Avenger. Hathaway was rumored to be playing either the Black Cat or Vulturess in Spider-Man 4 before Sony opted to go the reboot route instead. Gossip Girl's Lively plays Carol Ferris in next summer's Green Lantern. Watts' genre films include The Ring and Peter Jackson's King Kong. Curiously enough, Oscar winner Weisz, whose stateside breakthrough came in The Mummy, has long been rumored for the role of Catwoman in the film.

That's quite an age range between actresses; the eldest is Watts at 42, the youngest Lively at 23.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(my vote is for Portman and Hathaway...they'd fit the style of the movie the best IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    (my vote is for Portman and Hathaway...they'd fit the style of the movie the best IMO)
    Plus they are the two best actresses of the 6 (though Weisz is incredibly talented as well).

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    From IGN: http://movies.ign.com/articles/113/1133672p1.html

Six beautiful actresses are reportedly under consideration for the two unspecified female leads in The Dark Knight Rises.

Deadline claims "one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain." The six actresses are Natalie Portman, Keira Knightley, Anne Hathaway, Naomi Watts, Rachel Weisz and Blake Lively.

Portman, a Star Wars vet, is no stranger to comic book movies having appeared in V for Vendetta and the forthcoming Thor. Knightley starred in the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy and also was up for the female lead in Captain America: The First Avenger. Hathaway was rumored to be playing either the Black Cat or Vulturess in Spider-Man 4 before Sony opted to go the reboot route instead. Gossip Girl's Lively plays Carol Ferris in next summer's Green Lantern. Watts' genre films include The Ring and Peter Jackson's King Kong. Curiously enough, Oscar winner Weisz, whose stateside breakthrough came in The Mummy, has long been rumored for the role of Catwoman in the film.

That's quite an age range between actresses; the eldest is Watts at 42, the youngest Lively at 23.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I vote for Naomi Watts and Keira Knightley

Weisz gets my vote for sure....the rest are all about equal IMO. IIRC, Watts dated Heath Ledger, so that would be an odd twist of fate if she ended up in the next Batman movie - especially if she would play Harley Quinn.

That would be one of those urban legend things re: Weisz and Ledger if it happened.

Knightley.....yum.

Hugo Strange maybe?

We wish we knew how to quit Heath Ledger's Joker. While his tragic passing may have slightly inflated the legend of that performance, its power and intensity is still one of the few things that fans can agree upon almost universally. So, one can imagine going into the upcoming third film in 2012's The Dark Knight Rises, that he'll leave a noticeable gap that may be hard to fill. Well, according to a rumor reported by ShowBizSpy, thanks to the miracle of technology which put Fred Astaire in vacuum commercials and Marlon Brando in Superman Returns, that gap may at least be somewhat filled. Their "sources" are telling them that director Christopher Nolan plans to use cut footage of Ledger's Dark Knight performance as the basis for a cameo in Rises. So, while even in the best scenario, we won't be graced with another Oscar-winning performance, it may be a nice gesture to both Heath and the fans that bridges the gap between this film and the last. So, should we be "so serious" about this latest tidbit? Or is it just the weekly wacky Batman rumor?

According to ShowBizSpy's source:

“The idea is to use these fragments of cut scenes and use CGI to have The Joker appear one last time,” reveals a movie insider. "Chris wants some continuity between movies and for the franchise to pay tribute to Heath and his portrayal of the Joker. It would only be a fleeting moment in the movie and would only be included with the full consent of Heath’s family.”

A posthumous Ledger cameo is certainly a rumor that's within the realm of possibility. Even if only for a few seconds, it's obviously something that fans want to see, and would even be consistent with the theme established with the Scarecrow in The Dark Knight, featuring a cameo of the last film's villain. Unlike the last series of Batman films by Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher, which went for the indulgent narrative wrap-up by killing its villains in the end of each film, this "cameo" method creates an atmosphere that more accurately reflects Batman's perpetual quest of battling his villains countless numbers of times. It's a concept that plays true to the idea of what the Caped Crusader's story is all about.

I think it's pretty safe to say that people would be all for this cameo across the board. So, the question remains: Is this rumor legit?

Source: ShowBizSpy
    Tags: Comics, Movies
    Share:

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...#ixzz16pixqZwN

I hope they do something like that, with the permission of his family of course. That would be pretty cool and I support anything that helps them execute the script and plotline they want in the Batman films. Nice find, NB.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I hope they do something like that, with the permission of his family of course. That would be pretty cool and I support anything that helps them execute the script and plotline they want in the Batman films. Nice find, NB.
    I completely agree. I certainly hope that they do something like that to help at least explain away why the Joker isn't still around.

I just hope they do it well, if they do it. They have a good track record so let's not ruin it. I mean the Joker was caught at the end of Dark Knight so not sure if you really need anything more than that.

I mean they brought Scarecrow back in Dark Knight and he got caught as well without any further explanation.

Christopher Nolan says Heath Ledger will not appear in 'The Dark Knight Rises'

Christopher Nolan and producer Emma Thomas have swatted down an internet rumor that unused footage of the late Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight would appear in the highly anticipated follow-up The Dark Knight Rises, according to The Hollywood Reporter. At an awards season reception for Nolan’s 2010 film Inception on Tuesday, Thomas, Nolan’s producing (and life) partner said, “I heard the rumor. We’re not doing that.” Nolan also made clear that, although the script for The Dark Knight Rises isn’t yet finished, he felt Ledger’s performance should live in 2008′s The Dark Knight alone.

Aaron Eckhart: No Two-Face in 'Dark Knight Rises'

Stephen VaughanSo Harvey Dent did die at the end of The Dark Knight after all. Some fans had speculated that his Two-Face would somehow be resurrected or awoken from a coma to seek vengeance on Batman in The Dark Knight Rises. Not so. At least that’s what Aaron Eckhart was told by Christopher Nolan, according to MTV News. “Chris and I had a meeting, on the beach, just the two of us,” Eckhart said on Thursday. “I said, ‘Chris, a lot of people are asking me if I’m in the next Batman.’ And Chris said, ‘Yes?’ I said, ‘Am I?’ He looked at me and he said, ‘No.’ … I was heartbroken. But Chris has his reasons and my life must go on.

Chris Nolan is a moodkiller. At least he is quit to shoot down some rumors right away instead of letting them build up.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/chri...s-for-batfilm/

Chris Nolan To Meet Actresses For Batman 3

EXCLUSIVE: Chris Nolan is lining up actresses he'll meet for two female lead roles in The Dark Knight Rises, the third installment of the Batfranchise which Warner Bros has dated release on July 20, 2012. I'm told one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain. The actresses are: Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley. Nolan is keeping the roles under wraps, just the way that he did when he drafted his Inception star Tom Hardy to come aboard to likely play a villain. Deadline broke that story October 13. I'm still not sure what the role is and I believe Hardy took the job without knowing or reading a script that's still being tweaked.