Thread: MLB Playoff TV Ratings

• Facebook
  • Display

MLB Playoff TV Ratings

Time for TBS to give this up?

Game 1 Rating - 1.9
    Game 2 Rating - 3.4
    Game 3 Rating - 5.4

All ratings are down. To match, Celtics/Lakers game seven....over a 19 in ratings. Game 2 matches WWE TV ratings, and those ratings are half what they were in the late 90's hayday.

Cowherd has a good point.....these guys don't do baseball games all year until now. Same with FOX and college football.

Well, I was watching. Sort of. Lol.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Baseball just needs to realize that most people only watch the World Series (and I don't even watch that). Baseball is INCREDIBLY boring and a best of 5 or 7 series doesn't change that.

I have to agree with mors. I got MLB.tv for the season so I could watch Rockies games (living here in Ohio, they are RARELY ever on TV), maybe some Dodgers or Mets games here and there (I went to school and played baseball way back in the day with pitchers Chad Billingsley of the Dodgers and Jonathon Niese of the Mets), but that was about it.

Playoffs, unless the Rockies are in them, I pretty much only watch or even care about games 4 and 5 of the LDS, games 5, 6 and 7 of the LCS, and if the teams are interesting to me, most or all of the World Series, otherwise games 3 or 4 through 7 for the World Series.

I like, even love baseball, but it's just not the same on TV. I would get season tickets and go to every single Rockies home game if I could, and I do make occasional trips down to Cincinnati to see some Reds games, but other than that, I just have no interest in watching baseball games on TV outside of Rockies games. In person, baseball games kick ass. On TV, they're just boring.

I'm just different, I love to sit there and watch a baseball game on TV. Which is why I got MLB.TV.

The lack of revenue sharing combined with the lack of a salary cap have created such an imbalance that it's hard to care much about baseball anymore. Add in the destruction of hallowed records by the Steroid Era and I just don't care that much.

Those ratings might mean a lot more with who played who.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Baseball attendance has dropped each of the last two years. No surprise. When September hits the country turns to football. College football TV ratings are up I believe.