• gschwendt

by Published on 07-07-2010 10:51 PM
    Article Preview

NCAA Football 11 Updated Hands-On
    Let your story be heard in EA Sports' upcoming college football game.

While I may not spend much time online anymore with my sports games, I always find time for a little NCAA Football online. The dynasty feature in NCAA is probably my favorite mode in any sports game, and taking it online (either against friends of perfect strangers) is a great extension of an already fun mode. Naturally, NCAA Football 11 is bringing online dynasty back, and I've been playing with the system for the past week to check out some of the changes.

Continue after the break to read the rest of the review ...
    by Published on 07-06-2010 08:00 PM
    Article Preview

Check out IGN's preview of Online Dynasty:

NCAA Football 11: Online Dynasty Preview
    The next generation of building your collegiate powerhouse has arrived.

Building a "Dynasty" on a single console all by your lonesome was always a bit of an oxymoron in early NCAA Football titles. After all, shouldn't a dynasty be seen by more than one person? In recent years, EA Sports has opened things up to the world of online multiplayer and have allowed fans to join up and compete with their favorite college teams in a league of their own creation. New to NCAA Football 11's Online Dynasty Mode is the ability to manage your squad from quite literally anywhere in the world with either a laptop or one of the many iDevices currently on the market.

I've spent the last week and a half toying around the new Online Dynasty Mode and have been very pleased with the mode's overall performance. Currently I have one public and one private dynasty. The private league has members of the media filling out the ranks, while my public league contains only my Florida State Seminoles and any other folks lucky enough to score an early copy of NCAA 11. Needless to say, the public dynasty moved at a much quicker pace as I was the commissioner, meaning I had control over when the dynasty would advance. Since I didn't know any of the other players personally, I had little issue advancing weeks whenever my team was ready.

Continue after the break to read the rest of the story as well as some video previews. ...
    by Published on 07-06-2010 02:26 PM
    Article Preview

It seems as though EA Sports has taken an interesting marketing tactic this year. Popping up across various blog sites dedicated to specific college football teams are articles titled Where I Come From and speaking in terms of that specific team. Each of these is labeled as "This post is sponsored by EA Sports NCAA Football 2011! This is our first post of NCAA Football 11 sponsored posts throughout the week." In addition to that, some are beginning to see video advertisements appearing on some of these pages that include a brief clip of various teams stating their "Where I Come From" mantra. So far Google News has managed to pick up quite a few of these blogs ranging from teams like Syracuse, Michigan, Washington State, Alabama, and many others. Click the Google News link above to see if you can find your team. Continue after the break to read a description about the campaign from a USC blogger. ...
    by Published on 06-26-2010 10:50 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

MadScientist06 of MaddenMatrix.com managed to capture seven videos of him going through a dynasty at E3. In the first video, we see him setting up a dynasty as well as a glimpse at recruiting before finally starting a dynasty game. The other videos manage to show off the better part of a full game of Penn State vs FCS Southeast as well as a matchup of Penn State vs Alabama. Watch the first video after the break and follow the source link for the remaining videos. ...
    by Published on 06-21-2010 11:12 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

Even though we had an early look at some of the changes to the NCAA Football 11 TeamBuilder site, it was an inadvertent leak of the site. However, EA has now officially unveiled the site which can be accessed by going to http://teambuilder.easports.com/. While, most of the changes from when we last saw the site are cosmetic, this should now allow you to create teams that will be compatible with the upcoming release of NCAA Football 11 on July 13th.

Click Read More to see the list of team nicknames that will be announced in game. ...
    by Published on 06-09-2010 08:55 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

The NCAA Football 11 demo matchup #3 is the Clemson Tigers versus the Missouri Tigers. Of note, EA also posted the following message: "The newest demo match up is posted...It is an unusual match up, however, keep in mind that demo teams were chosen based on their offensive style...One more match up to go...." Continue after the break to check out the photos. ...
    by Published on 06-07-2010 09:12 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

EA Sports has just posted six new screen shots to their NCAA Football Facebook page. These shots were taken from the demo in a matchup featuring Ohio State Buckeyes versus Miami Hurricanes. In the screenshots, we get a look at the Ohio State Pro Combat uniforms. Additionally, EA added this comment: "Screens for the demo have been posted. Stay tuned all week for more updates regarding the demo that is released a week from today, 6/14!"

Continue below to see the screenshots and leave a comment to let us know what you think. ...
    by Published on 05-14-2010 02:19 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

NCAA Football Associate Designer Larry Richart has just posted a blog discussing some of the changes associated around the Quarterback in NCAA Football 11. These changes include a Gameplanning setting to allow you to set your defenders to aggressively attack a scrambling QB as well as changes to the throwing motion during a sack animation.

Hey there NCAA Football fans, Larry Richart here, Associate Designer on NCAAź Football 11, to fill you in on some more gameplay improvements. As you know, the spring football season has come and gone and the fall season will be here before you know it! In our previous blogs we have talked about the new locomotion system and the all-new Real Assignment AI. We haven't stopped there as we are continuing to work hard on making this the best NCAA Football title yet.

Today's blog is going to be all about the quarterback. As a former QB myself, I am always excited to talk about the most important position on the field, so let's get started! (Somewhere my former offensive lineman teammates want to slap me!) There are many different styles of QB's in the college game today that fit into a variety of unique offensive styles. You have your prototypical passing type QB's such as Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen, your option, running style QB's that you see at Georgia Tech/Navy/Army/Air Force and then you have the dual-threat QB's that do both like our cover athlete Tim Tebow.
    by Published on 05-11-2010 02:17 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

EA Sports has posted a new video showcasing the '120 Ways to Win' in NCAA Football 11. This video essentially summarizes a lot of what we've already heard about but also gives us some new footage to break down. Included in the video are clips of fans in the stands, team traditions, and team offensive styles. Additionally, we get our first look at a couple of new mascots previously not announced. Continue after the break to watch the video and let us know your thoughts on it. ...
    by Published on 05-08-2010 01:08 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. NCAA Football 11
    Article Preview

Tim Tebow visited Tiburon Studios and during his time there, he got a tour of the studio and some time with the game. Continue after the break to watch the video. ...
    Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast