• Madden NFL 15 First Info, Release Date, Trailer, & More

"Madden Season" is upon us with the first game info and details being released by EA SPORTS and retailers. The initial Madden NFL 15 teaser trailer features Carolina Panthers LB Luke Kuechly and his transformation into his digital Madden self. With the tagline "See the transformation this June," speculation has been that the first major game reveals will come then with one of the major initial points being the improved face scanning technology. That same tech will be employed by both Madden NFL 15 (release date of August 26) and NBA Live 15 (available later this fall).

Continue on to see the teaser trailer as well as additional game information, news on the M15 cover vote, and the first pre-order bonus.

- Online retailers offering the game have provided the first (vague) game synopsis. As is the norm from previous years, GameStop was the first to post game info:

Welcome to Madden Season! Madden NFL 15 delivers everything you need to own your rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay in franchise history. With all-new player-lock camera angles, pass rush tools, open-field tackling mechanics, and smarter AI, you've never been more armed to take control of the defense and challenge the best offenses in the game. Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals. Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation.

With there appearing to be a major focus on defensive gameplay, it only makes sense for the first teaser video to feature Kuechly, 2013 Defensive Player of the Year.

- EA SPORTS will be holding another vote to determine who will grace the cover of Madden NFL 15. In conjunction with ESPN, first information - and likely voting - will be announced/begin during the NFL Draft on May 8.

This year EA is once again collaborating with ESPN to give fans the opportunity to select which player will grace the cover of Madden NFL 15. In light of last year’s record-breaking vote, fans can look forward to a highly-competitive contest featuring some big-name matchups and intense rivalries. Fans can tune in to the NFL Draft on ESPN and NFL Network on May 8 at 8pm ET for a special Cover Vote announcement.

With the defensive focus, will the candidates only be defensive players? Probably not, but wouldn't that be a nice change of pace.

- Here are some tweets showing off the new face scanning tech in action:

- Madden NFL 15 is now available to pre-order at Amazon (PS4|XB1|PS3|360) with pre-orders receiving $15 value of Madden Ultimate Team Content. The same offer is also available at GameStop.
    Comments 234 Comments
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Cover vote now underway at:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/feature/maddenvote
      VERY weak bracket this year.
      SmoothPancakes -
      No point in voting. The loud mouth douchebag from Seattle is going to win, guaranteed.

They also need to go back to the one player from every team voting. Some teams never get a shot of getting their player on the cover, there were some players in years past when they did those big brackets, that I would have liked to see win. Go back to the 32 (or even 64) player brackets and stop fucking over fans from half of the teams in the league.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      No point in voting. The loud mouth from Seattle is going to win, guaranteed.
      I hope not, but I think only Kaep, Newton, & Luck have a shot to slow him down. Then again, start hoping the 'anti-Sherman' votes roll in.

The NFL might not be happy if Sherman wins given his latest comments regarding the league.
      JBHuskers -
      No point in voting. The loud mouth douchebag from Seattle is going to win, guaranteed.
      Yeah there isn't much room left on that Seattle bandwagon.
      cdj -
      Voting Update:

SmoothPancakes -
      Well, Denver is out of the cover running, so my interest is pretty much zero now. About the only to keep me voting for now is to vote every round for the player matched up against the Seattle Douchebag.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass
      JBHuskers -
      Kuechly or Graham would be my top two that I'd want on.
      Rudy -
      Some of those guys had no chance as though EA rigged the first round. Hilton, AMorris, A.Brown, Foles? No way.
      JBHuskers -
      I definitely voted for Jeffery.
      JBHuskers -
      News that Smooth doesn't want to hear....

souljahbill -
      1) The Saints are my hometown team and I don't like Jimmy Graham.

2) I love bravado so I'm all about Sherman winning. Don't you EVER put mediocre players in a bracket against the best!
      jaymo76 -
      If I cared, it would be either Keuchly or Charles... that's if I cared. Note to EA, please end these cover votes next year...
      JBHuskers -
      They'll never end. Too much pub.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx since I'm too lazy to get to the CPU.
      jaymo76 -
      Damn falling Canadian dollar!!! It looks like Madden 15 on ps4 is jumping up to $69.99 in Canada. When the US/Canadian dollar are close games are the same price but when the dollar is .91c we get a $10 increase... what...a...joke!!!
      SmoothPancakes -
      Damn! Screw that.
      jaymo76 -
      Damn! Screw that.
      Yup... I see some cross border shopping in the near future.
      Rudy -
      I think $5 is fair. A $10 boost stinks though.
      GatorfanStovy -
      Damn if Sherman wins. I might have to a custom cover to cover up his dumb ass. He will win tho. Too many Seatle fans out there right now.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Damn falling Canadian dollar!!! It looks like Madden 15 on ps4 is jumping up to $69.99 in Canada. When the US/Canadian dollar are close games are the same price but when the dollar is .91c we get a $10 increase... what...a...joke!!!
      It's offset by your cheap meds that we import.
      cdj -
      We are down to the final four: