• Rocksteady's Batman Trilogy Concludes with Batman: Arkham Knight

Rocksteady Games has officially announced Batman: Arkham Knight, the conclusion to their popular Batman: Arkham series with the game setting occurring one year after the events of 2009's Batman: Arkham City.

Expected to release on October 14 for PlayStation 4, X-Box One, and PC, the game will feature a drive-able Batmobile in a world five times as large as that found in Arkham City, split into three major areas. Villains announced for the game include Scarecrow, Harley Quinn, Two Face, Penguin, and the "Arkham Knight" - a new Gotham villain created specifically for the game by Rocksteady & DC.

A July 2012 report from Variety suggested that the next game from Rocksteady would be a "new, highly stylized title" centered around Batman's first encounter with the Joker and based upon 1950s comics where Batman "teamed with other heroes like Superman and founded the Justice League of America." While the ending of Arkham City & Arkham Knight info virtually invalidates that rumor, some speculation has emerged that the next Batman franchise from Rocksteady may center around the Justice League and be released closer to the 2016 Batman vs. Superman movie as DC works to prep their counter to Marvel's Avengers movie franchise and incorporate the JLA into the consciousness of the American public.

Early game information will continued to be released throughout the month of March at Game Informer and will be added to our Batman: Arkham Knight thread within the TGT Forums.

Comments 81 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I didn't know that either until Sefton tweeted it. I'm working on eliminating tanks as I type.
      I'm pretty damn close I think.