• Rocksteady's Batman Trilogy Concludes with Batman: Arkham Knight

Rocksteady Games has officially announced Batman: Arkham Knight, the conclusion to their popular Batman: Arkham series with the game setting occurring one year after the events of 2009's Batman: Arkham City.

Expected to release on October 14 for PlayStation 4, X-Box One, and PC, the game will feature a drive-able Batmobile in a world five times as large as that found in Arkham City, split into three major areas. Villains announced for the game include Scarecrow, Harley Quinn, Two Face, Penguin, and the "Arkham Knight" - a new Gotham villain created specifically for the game by Rocksteady & DC.

A July 2012 report from Variety suggested that the next game from Rocksteady would be a "new, highly stylized title" centered around Batman's first encounter with the Joker and based upon 1950s comics where Batman "teamed with other heroes like Superman and founded the Justice League of America." While the ending of Arkham City & Arkham Knight info virtually invalidates that rumor, some speculation has emerged that the next Batman franchise from Rocksteady may center around the Justice League and be released closer to the 2016 Batman vs. Superman movie as DC works to prep their counter to Marvel's Avengers movie franchise and incorporate the JLA into the consciousness of the American public.

Early game information will continued to be released throughout the month of March at Game Informer and will be added to our Batman: Arkham Knight thread within the TGT Forums.

Comments 81 Comments
      cdj -
      Warner Bros. has released a new behind-the-scenes video for Batman: Arkham Knight that reveals the action game's celebrity voice talent, which includes Breaking Bad and Lord of the Rings veterans.

The lineup of celebrity actors confirmed for Arkham Knight, and their roles, is listed below.

Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad) -- James Gordon
      John Noble (The Lord of the Rings) -- Scarecrow
      Ashley Greene (The Twilight Saga) -- Barbara Gordon
      Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights) -- Nightwing
      They are joined by returning voice actors Kevin Conroy (Batman), Troy Baker (Two-Face), Nolan North (Penguin), and Tara Strong (Harley Quinn).

Courtesy: GameSpot

cdj -
      cdj -
      cdj -
      GatorfanStovy -
      God damn this game may just jump over Madden . but damn it. Looks awesome. Wish I could afford more then just 2 games this year. ugh. Bewteen Madden, Black ops3 and Star wars battle front and this .. Man I need more cash lol. Solid line up this year.

I love all the classic skins for this looks awesome and all them characters even whoa.
      cdj -
      A look at some of the PlayStation exclusives:

SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
      God damn this game may just jump over Madden . but damn it. Looks awesome. Wish I could afford more then just 2 games this year. ugh. Bewteen Madden, Black ops3 and Star wars battle front and this .. Man I need more cash lol. Solid line up this year.

I love all the classic skins for this looks awesome and all them characters even whoa.
      JBHuskers -
      cdj -
      cdj -
      cdj -
      A look at the Red Hood story pack, available only at Gamestop.

JBHuskers -
      CDJ, are you getting the season pass right away or wait for a sale?
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      CDJ, are you getting the season pass right away or wait for a sale?
      Leaning towards right away, but not happy with how there is extra content so spread out among retailers with (as far as I know) no word on if/when they will be available to all.
      CLW -
      cdj -
      This new trailer was pretty good and made mention of two items I kept wondering if would occur:

Spoiler: show
      - Any reference to (read: proof of) Joker's death
      - The 'death' (real or otherwise) of Batman

I still think the Arkham Knight is an existing DC Comics character and I would guess smart money is on Joker, somehow/someway.

I just hope any twists, turns, or ending are not ruined by social media next week, but they probably will be.
      cdj -
      - Less than a week before launch, one of the special collector's editions has been cancelled:

Dear Batman: Arkham Fans,

We regret to inform you that we are not able to release the Batmobile Collector’s Edition of Batman: Arkham Knight due to unforeseen circumstances that greatly compromised the quality of this extremely limited run of product. We are deeply apologetic for this unfortunate outcome. If you did pre-order the Batmobile Collector’s Edition, please go to the retail location where you pre-ordered the product and you will receive a full refund of your deposit or it can be rolled over to another Batman: Arkham Knight edition or another product of your choice. We will be providing everyone who purchases Batman: Arkham Knight with the New 52 skin pack, including Batman, Robin and Nightwing, free of charge.

- Clarification on the retailer specific pre-orders:

Throughout the 6 months of additional Batman: Arkham Knight content, Premium and Season Pass owners will receive all in-game content that is offered through various retail pre-order incentives. This includes the Harley Quinn and Red Hood Story Packs, as well as any Batmobile or Booster Pack that was available as early bonuses for pre-order of the game. For those who did not receive the content with their game, these items will become available when their respective exclusivity windows expire in August/September.

The tl;dr version of this is: Premium Edition & Season Pass owners will receive all retail exclusive DLC after their respective early access periods expire.
      CLW -
      CLW -
      cdj -
      cdj -