• NCAA Football 14 - Title Update #2 Now Available

NCAA Football 14 Title Update #2 is now available. If connected online, simply start up the game and you will be prompted to download the update.

Continue on to view details of the title update. Let us know your thoughts on this update once you get a chance to play.

The title update is 496 MB on the PlayStation 3. Here are the full patch notes:

The second title update to NCAA Football 14 has arrived on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Players can download the update via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

The title update includes multiple fixes to streamline presentation and performance, as well as the following gameplay improvements and enhancements (among others):

Formation Subs Exploit
    Fixed an exploit that allowed users to disconnect an online H2H game without receiving a loss or affecting DNF %

Coaching Carousel Update
    Fixed an issue that prevented non-commissioner user teams from being offered new jobs in Online Dynasty

Defensive Back Hot Route Adjustment
    Fixed an issue where some Defensive Back Hot Routes would not react correctly

Old Dominion Update
    Fixed an issue where Old Dominion is referred to as “Big Blue” and not “Monarchs”

Vignette Slowdown
    Addressed an issue where postplay vignettes did not trigger after touchdowns.

Grey Facemask Issue (PS3)
    Fixed an issue where some teams had a grey facemask in-game regardless of user modifications on the PlayStation 3

PS3 Optimization
    PS3 players will notice a much quicker overall experience with reduced hitches.

NCAA FOOTBALL ULTIMATE TEAM UPDATES

Team Skill OVR Rating update
    Fixed an issue where Team Skill OVR ratings appeared to be 99, but were actually only a 94
    Players may see their OVR Team Skill Ratings adjusted after applying the title update
    Please note that individual player OVR ratings have not changed at all.
    Comments 92 Comments
      jaymo76 -
      496 mb patch for ps3. I am downloading now. However, most people on ps3 are reporting that it only really deals with the gray facemask issue and the no huddle play selection issue. Apparently peoople are not seeing or feeling any real gameplay improvements.
      jaymo76 -
      Waking out the door so I could only play ten minutes... but... if you see gameplay improvements, then you are a better man than I. Zone d is awful and the middle is still wide open. Facemasks look great though!
      SmoothPancakes -
      Yeah, it's sounding like my hopes for fixes to the defense and zone have been shot dead in the water.

Didn't even get to keep my hopes up until the notes about what was "fixed".

Any chance in hell that I even give College Football 15 any chance next year is getting smaller and smaller. I have put up with lots of issues over the years in the NCAA games, but this year is quickly becoming the straw that broke the camel's back for me.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      I played a User v User Online Dynasty game ... zones played much better in that one game. Man defense on the boundary looks better too.
      SmoothPancakes -
      So since it sounds like the patch did absolutely nothing other than fix the grey facemasks on the PS3 and maybe speed up the playcall screen popping up during no huddles, and therefore the patch is worthless in fixing the gameplay, has there been ANY word from EA about a tuner update?

In years past they have always released a tuner update with a patch (basically making tuner updates completely goddamn worthless because instead of releasing them year round to correct issues, we get maybe 3 or 4 total) but so far no word of a tuner update with this patch. I still hold firm to my belief that a solid tuner update would fix a number of gameplay issues, especially on defense and especially regarding zone defense.

So far, a month after release, we've had literally jack shit for any mention of anything from EA, no press releases, no blogs, no "this is what we're focusing on fixing in the coming weeks", we had a patch dropped on us today will absolutely no word or warning whatsoever from EA about it coming out or what they would be fixing in it, and so far, not a single tuner update since release day.

Like I said earlier, this year's release, thus far, has been handled very piss poor by EA, especially on the communications side. When I, someone who has defended EA more than not on issues and bugs in the game, and on some of their practices regarding the game, patches, tuners, etc., when I am starting to reach the end of my rope and am ready to give EA the middle finger when it comes to the college football series, yeah, it has gotten bad. Thus far, there is nothing that I find worth the effort or time to defend EA about. I'm more pissed off with this release than anything. At least in '12 and '13, I could overlook issues in the gameplay and bugs and still played and had fun for most of the year until next release. This time around, I lasted a week before the issues just infuriated me to no end. I haven't touched '14 since. It's just been sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

It's honestly getting to the point, that I really am half tempted to scrap the '14 portion of my coaching carousel dynasty, and go back to '13 and just start over from where I left off at the end of my last year at Tulsa, and continue on from there. In that case, '14 will be quickly appearing on the used game shelf of your local Amazon webpage.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      I played a User v User Online Dynasty game ... zones played much better in that one game. Man defense on the boundary looks better too.
      I hope so
      bdoughty -
      I wonder if a Game Changer, the guys EA use to as intermediates between themselves and forums users, could get us a few bits of information.

When is a tuner expected?
      What was in the patch?
      Why does EA have the communication skills of a hermit who lives in a cave, thousands of miles underground, with no internet connection?
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      I wonder if a Game Changer, the guys EA use to as intermediates between themselves and forums users, could get us a few bits of information.

What was in the patch?
      Why does EA have the communication skills of a hermit who lives in a cave, thousands of miles underground, with no internet connection?

And
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

And
      = +3.....math with smooth thread
      ram29jackson -

What was in the patch?
      because the fact is they simply aren't obligated. They, like most companies just use the internet to get impromptu surveys and get a feel what people like or don't and a few ideas to work around with. Internet access isn't an obligation to communicate with anyone for any reason.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      because the fact is they simply aren't obligated. They, like most companies just use the internet to get impromptu surveys and get a feel what people like or don't and a few ideas to work around with. Internet access isn't an obligation to communicate with anyone for any reason.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
      = +3.....math with smooth thread
      Well, we don't have a +3 smiley on this forum, so I had to work with what I had available.
      SCClassof93 -
      Where ea is concerned.........I'm really starting to feel like Charlie Brown

JeffHCross -
      I agree with pretty much everything said here, and I'm barely playing as it is. I can't imagine how frustrated guys actually playing are.
      fisherjr33 -
      Maybe they are waiting for a number folks to download it so they can release an official "confirmed bugs this patch created" list instead of a "stuff we hope we might have fixed" list.
      bdoughty -
      So wrong I might have to come up with something new for when you are so completely off base with reality. You might have had a point if this was say, 1995.

Do you buy games outside of the NCAA Series or games from other companies than EA Sports? If not let me introduce you to a little thing called customer service. You could write a book with the patch logs from the Fallout/Skyrim games but they give them to you to let you know what just hapened. many of times these companies are swell enough to give you the notes pre-download. It is not just a courtesy it is common sense. People have a right to know what the fuck they just downloaded. The devs of all the rest of the games I play offer patch notes. Microsoft and Sony give you the update notes when they do something to your system.

EA is so inept they can't answer a simple question like... Is there a second patch coming to TW 14?

So no, THEY are not like most video game developers in this regards.

To be honest Tiburon is the big offender here. EA Canada tends to be a little more open in their discussion with customers.
      SmoothPancakes -
      So wrong I might have to come up with something new for when you are so completely off base with reality. You might have had a point if this was say, 1995.

Do you buy games outside of the NCAA Series or games from other companies than EA Sports? If not let me introduce you to a little thing called customer service. You could write a book with the patch logs from the Fallout/Skyrim games but they give them to you to let you know what just hapened. many of times these companies are swell enough to give you the notes pre-download. It is not just a courtesy it is common sense. People have a right to know what the fuck they just downloaded. The devs of all the rest of the games I play offer patch notes. Microsoft and Sony give you the update notes when they do something to your system.

EA is so inept they can't answer a simple question like... Is there a second patch coming to TW 14?

To be honest Tiburon is the big offender here. EA Canada tends to be a little more open in their discussion with customers.
      Hell, look at Defiance. I was reading through the patch notes of their previous patches. It indeed is like a bloody book. Pages upon pages of patch notes. Usually weeks ahead of when the patch actually drops.

Here, it's been at least 8 hours since this thread was posted, and probably longer than that since the patch actually dropped on 360, and we still have no damn clue what is actually, officially in the patch, because EA refuses to post a damn thing about it.

And agreed. I have had very few issues or problems with games from EA Canada. I love and have very few issues with FIFA and NHL. Meanwhile, NCAA always has issues, Madden usually has a bunch of issues, and Tiger Woods, from what it sounds like, has gone over a cliff in the last two years since my last purchase (TW12) of it. So yeah, Tiburon seems to have a lot of issues, between NCAA, Madden and TW, while EA Canada's games are usually pretty solid.
      ram29jackson -

I said like most companies not just video game companies dude. That is a fact-period. Sheesh dude,Stop being an obsessive dweeb already . I'm glad you are happy with other developers and all but that doesn't detract or falsify the experiential fact I stated. Again, they aren't obligated. Anything beyond "hey, heres our game, buy it now" is a luxury for a video game or any company by and large. Small ticket items aren't wasting a lot of money on customer service on the internet. Giving details on a patch is not the same as actual customer service
      cdj -
      The article/first post now updated with patch details.
      bdoughty -
      I said like most companies not just video game companies dude. That is a fact-period. Sheesh dude,Stop being an obsessive dweeb already . I'm glad you are happy with other developers and all but that doesn't detract or falsify the experiential fact I stated. Again, they aren't obligated. Anything beyond "hey, heres our game, buy it now" is a luxury for a video game or any company by and large. Small ticket items aren't wasting a lot of money on customer service on the internet. Giving details on a patch is not the same as actual customer service
      Dear Lord,

Please give me the strength to endure this reply.

Love,

Brent