• NCAA Football 14 Demo Details & Impressions

EA SPORTS has released the details of the NCAA Football 14 demo which drops Tuesday, June 18th. Included in the demo are three matchups, Virginia Tech vs Alabama (Chick-fil-A Kickoff), Ohio State vs Michigan, and Oregon at Texas A&M. The quarter length is limited to 3 minute quarters, however the user will have the ability to change the rest of the gameplay settings including difficulty and gameplay sliders. New this year, users will be able to try out the additional camera angles in the game: Regular, Zoom, Wide, & Coordinator.

In addition to the three matchups, users will also have access to the new Nike Skills Trainer which attempts to teach users the finer mechanics of the game including how to run the Read Option as well as some of the more basic functions of the game such as proper passing with the lead mechanic that was added in NCAA 13. Finally, users will be given Ultimate Team giveaways as incentives for playing and sharing the demo.

UPDATE - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now listed as available on the Xbox.com website and can be queued for download on your console on this page (Gold members only).

UPDATE 2 - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now available on PS3. Search 'NCA' from the Store to find it or queue it for donwload on your console on this page.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 534 Comments
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      So Rudy what's the deal with Canada??? NCAA isn't available in the PSN store. I got your message but I cannot download anything. Any particular reason why Canada has not been given the release?
      I just created a 2nd account on my PS3 in the US and downloaded it from the US store. Only took a couple minutes to create it and that's my only suggestion to you. We got hosed I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jello1717 View Post
      Everyone LOVED the Coordinator cam from the E3 videos, but most of us seem to dislike it in the demo. I wonder if that's because it looks better in the videos instead of in person (although everyone actually playing @ E3 seemed to love it) or if maybe EA tweaked it since E3 and we're playing with a different version.

Sadly for me, as a run first guy, coordinator cam (after 2 full games of trying it) is pretty much unplayable.
      I'm with you and Jayrah on this. I really, really liked this camera from the videos. I need to give it more time but the running game is too zoomed out for me right now. I think the Madden default cam may be the best of any option but I'll have to wait and see that for myself as well.
      JBHuskers -
      Finally it's demo time!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
      ram29jackson -
      Hotty Toddy 92 -
      Lovin the the demo so far July 9th seems so far away now. Also does anybody know how many ultimate card packs you can unlock on ps3?
      SmoothPancakes -
      I briefly played the demo earlier, played one game of Ohio State vs. Michigan. It was alright. Some things that are definitely better, some that are worse. My anticipation for NCAA '14 is probably about the same as it was before the demo. It didn't do anything to increase my anticipation, but it didn't do anything to taper it either. Ultimately I probably won't play the demo much more than a few games, especially since I'm still finishing out the last season of my dynasty on '13.
      dhook27 -
      Loving the demo so far! First game Ohio State vs scUM won 10-7 on last second FG game feels very fresh and smooth loving it July 9th couldnt come any faster! Bout to fool atound play a couple more games of the demo!
      Body15 -
      So far this has been some amazing game play. I love just about everything about it. I haven't seen a halftime show yet, players falling over each other after the play, and after some TD's it just an 15 second awkward moment of nothing happening. The read option is DEADLY. The fact that their are so many different kinds of options also is amazing. So far I would give this a solid 9/10.
      JBHuskers -
      Gonna take control of Johnny Football and take on Oregon for my first game.
      JBHuskers -
      Something subtle I've noticed is the different sounding clicks in the playcall screen. Kinda like those. I'm playing on AA for both offense and defense, so we'll see how it shakes out.
      Deuce -
      I really excited to see my TB logos in the game with how vibrant the colors are. The field art should look great.

Typed by thumbs.
      JBHuskers -
      I just ate an UGLY stiff arm from the RB out of the backfield for a TD reception.
      Jayrah -
      Just got picked off for 6 in double OT to lose it 23-17 UO VS Tamu (me). Can't believe I made the throw. 2 things:

1: Anticipation actually matters this year. Throwing late is not always death but isn't good most of the time. On the other side if your WR has a step the defender has not gotten across to make a sliding pick yet! Fit 3 tds in today that would have been picks in 13!

2: Not a bug but needs fixing anyways. The pick 6 for a UO win in 2 OT triggered Kirk and Brad to say something relating to an offensive TD and "the way things are going they might be back on the field another time". Game's over so ... no they won't.
      ram29jackson -
      glitch or mistake or problem or malfunction or what ever its called at 8:38

Tarhead10 -
      Just played all three games on demo... I must say I'm loving the game so far... Also I thought I would like coordinator cam, but zoom is my favorite!!! Feels like I'm right on the line of scrimmage...
      JBHuskers -
      Lost to Oregon 24-21. A pick thrown in the end zone in the 3rd basically turned the tide.

Definitely wasn't much defense in the game.

Johnny Football was 15 of 22, 223 yds, 2 TD, 2 INT ... rushed 3 times for 32 yards

My HB was 10 for 60 on the ground.

Oregon QB was 9 for 9 for 211 and 3 TD, also rushed 4 times for 53 yards.

Oregon HB was 5 carries for 32 yards.
      dhook27 -
      Ima play some more of the demo tommorow gotta watch the finals tho! Loving the Demo alot!
      Body15 -
      NCAA Football 14 Demo Game

ram29jackson -
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      I can't get a handoff to happen on the inverted veers... anybody else?
      TIMB0B -
      Anyone know how to get off a block on the DL?