• NCAA Football 14 Demo Details & Impressions

EA SPORTS has released the details of the NCAA Football 14 demo which drops Tuesday, June 18th. Included in the demo are three matchups, Virginia Tech vs Alabama (Chick-fil-A Kickoff), Ohio State vs Michigan, and Oregon at Texas A&M. The quarter length is limited to 3 minute quarters, however the user will have the ability to change the rest of the gameplay settings including difficulty and gameplay sliders. New this year, users will be able to try out the additional camera angles in the game: Regular, Zoom, Wide, & Coordinator.

In addition to the three matchups, users will also have access to the new Nike Skills Trainer which attempts to teach users the finer mechanics of the game including how to run the Read Option as well as some of the more basic functions of the game such as proper passing with the lead mechanic that was added in NCAA 13. Finally, users will be given Ultimate Team giveaways as incentives for playing and sharing the demo.

UPDATE - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now listed as available on the Xbox.com website and can be queued for download on your console on this page (Gold members only).

UPDATE 2 - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now available on PS3. Search 'NCA' from the Store to find it or queue it for donwload on your console on this page.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 534 Comments
      GatorfanStovy -
      Hm that is weird . I did download it for the ps3 as well but not have any issues . that sucks it freezes. Hopefully it is just the demo.
      CLW -
      Played a bit more this afternoon and good lord there is ZERO defense on default Heisman. Granted its v. but the read option is 8-15 yards EVERY play and the ONLY inc passes i throw are drops were i get cute and try to cut up field before catching the ball.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Played a bit more this afternoon and good lord there is ZERO defense on default Heisman. Granted its v. but the read option is 8-15 yards EVERY play and the ONLY inc passes i throw are drops were i get cute and try to cut up field before catching the ball.
      Last night I was playing on Heisman with a zero threshold and for the first time in the demo, I was scorched by the cpu. The Oregon QB just killed me with the read option 7 carries for close to 100 yards and 2 td's. It was crazy as I could not stop him.
      WolverineJay -
      Anybody having any success with screen passes?

HB Slip Screens, WR Mid Screens, and Bubble Screens are very heavily defended in my games. The OL doesn't slow down the D-Line at all and 1 or 2 defenders cover the screen receiver making the play worthless in terms of yardage. I have had only 1 successful Bubble Screen and HB Slip Screen (10 + yards) in many attempts and 0 successful WR Mid Screens.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post

HB Slip Screens, WR Mid Screens, and Bubble Screens are very heavily defended in my games. The OL doesn't slow down the D-Line at all and 1 or 2 defenders cover the screen receiver making the play worthless in terms of yardage. I have had only 1 successful Bubble Screen and HB Slip Screen (10 + yards) in many attempts and 0 successful WR Mid Screens.
      No the screens have been pretty much 100% ineffective for me. It's either a sack or a loss on the play.

On another note it looks like Madden 13's no assisted tackles glitch has made it to NCAA this year.
      jaymo76 -
      Forgot to mention a cool addition. Last night in two different games the cpu went for it on 4th and 1. Sadly however, the punters both through 30+ yard completions, one of which went for a TD.
      GatorfanStovy -
      After playing the demo a ton lately.

I tried to go and play 13' before launch. Man it was terrible to play for me. I really like the flow of 14' and how the game play is going to be with option game and what not. Just a so much better game.
      SCClassof93 -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
      After playing the demo a ton lately.

I tried to go and play 13' before launch. Man it was terrible to play for me. I really like the flow of 14' and how the game play is going to be with option game and what not. Just a so much better game.
      PDuncanOSU -

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      No the screens have been pretty much 100% ineffective for me. It's either a sack or a loss on the play.

On another note it looks like Madden 13's no assisted tackles glitch has made it to NCAA this year.
      I've actually had a lot of success with the HB Slip Screen. I typically will only run it once or at most twice a game, but it has worked well each time.
      CLW -
      Has anyone found a good set of Heisman/AA sliders that make the game much more defensive (i.e. final scores in the demo being around 14-7)?
      ram29jackson -
      finally got the EA email about the demo today
      WolverineJay -
      Has anyone found a good set of Heisman/AA sliders that make the game much more defensive (i.e. final scores in the demo being around 14-7)?
      Unfortunately for me the more I play the demo the more I am convinced there is not much defense in this game. I mean even 100's for Pass Coverage, Run Defense, and Tackling can't help the CPU play good defense on Heisman (yes, I recently did this and saw no real difference vs my original slider set).

On another disappointing note special teams is still a disaster. All User kicks are automatic makes, punts bounce forward 90% of the time, no blocked kicks, CPU returners make no moves, and the CPU still tries 57 yard FG's on Heisman and comes up 10 yards short. I'm not sure if special teams will ever resemble reality in EA's football games. I get the feeling it just isn't even a top 50 priority in their eyes.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      finally got the EA email about the demo today
      Me too... and the demo is still not on the ps3 in Canada...
      Escobar -
      Yea. Using psusnoop's sliders he posted in wolverinejay's thread. You may have to bump user pass blocking up 1 or 2 notches.
      countryboy -

I had success with the HB Slip Screen once or twice.

Sadly though, the cpu still cannot run an effective screen play. The QB just drops back and gets sacked.
      countryboy -
      Sadly no. I had at one point the pass coverage slider maxed out, QB ACC zeroed out, and pass blocking zeroed out, all for both me and cpu, and it was still an offensive showdown
      ryby6969 -
      Question, am I the only one seeing kick returners and HB's not getting to full speed without using the acceleration burst? It seems like the defender I control as well as WR's and I think QB's do, but I am not noticing it with HB's and my return man.
      Coachdenz -
      Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
      i agree that there needs to be a massive boost to DL... not coverage... i dont care who you are, you cant cover a guy more than 3 seconds... so, we need a massive upgrade to DL to get that rush to where it needs to be... which also will help vs the new options to neutralize some of it like a Nick Fairley from the NC game vs my Ducks... a guy highly rated/highly skilled can really make the reads extremely hard... of course this doesnt cater to casual gamers, so to judge the game period... is a waste of life IMO

it is a football game, you can play football on it... if you want total simulation football play in high school, college, semi-pro... otherwise this game will not be a Madden in which detailed ratings reflect the real life counterpart on the game... because in all honesty... TECHNICALLY... the guys you play with on NCAA arent "real"... jab at Madden all day long, but unless it is legal to represent those players on the field true to who they are as Madden does, it will never change... DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS, OFFENSE SELLS TICKETS(and NCAA Football games)

my 2 cents
      Bingo!!
      Escobar -
      Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
      Question, am I the only one seeing kick returners and HB's not getting to full speed without using the acceleration burst? It seems like the defender I control as well as WR's and I think QB's do, but I am not noticing it with HB's and my return man.
      All the time. It basically just reverts back to sprint with the Returners and HB's.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
      yep,returners