• NCAA Football 14 Demo Details & Impressions

EA SPORTS has released the details of the NCAA Football 14 demo which drops Tuesday, June 18th. Included in the demo are three matchups, Virginia Tech vs Alabama (Chick-fil-A Kickoff), Ohio State vs Michigan, and Oregon at Texas A&M. The quarter length is limited to 3 minute quarters, however the user will have the ability to change the rest of the gameplay settings including difficulty and gameplay sliders. New this year, users will be able to try out the additional camera angles in the game: Regular, Zoom, Wide, & Coordinator.

In addition to the three matchups, users will also have access to the new Nike Skills Trainer which attempts to teach users the finer mechanics of the game including how to run the Read Option as well as some of the more basic functions of the game such as proper passing with the lead mechanic that was added in NCAA 13. Finally, users will be given Ultimate Team giveaways as incentives for playing and sharing the demo.

UPDATE - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now listed as available on the Xbox.com website and can be queued for download on your console on this page (Gold members only).

UPDATE 2 - The NCAA Football 14 demo is now available on PS3. Search 'NCA' from the Store to find it or queue it for donwload on your console on this page.

Keep up on all the latest NCAA Football 14 news & media heading into the July 9 release date with our NCAA 14 News & Info Central page. We'll provide all the best & latest information regarding improvements to Gameplay & Infinity Engine 2, Dynasty Mode, Presentation, and new features such as NCAA Football Ultimate Team & Play a Season.

NCAA Football 14 News & Information Central: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14info
    Comments 534 Comments
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Holy Hell! 15 MBPS is the fastest package my provider even offers... WTF
      texacotea -
      If you're blitzing, it's no longer a dead giveaway. The blitzer lines up on his WR and the Safeties line up at Cover 2 depth.
      This is nice, was very easy to exploit this last year
      Kwizzy -
      G have you found a PB yet that have the pistol cross formation yet?
      Jayrah -
      New controls (360): Press and hold X to use Heat Seeker Tackling (Tap X to dive tackle and RS for advanced tackles)
      LB is now change hands with the ball
      B button now goes to defender CLOSEST TO THE BALL! This is big for me.
      Press AND HOLD Y to go for an interception. Did not know you had to hold it, maybe that's why I'm a terrible user pick guy.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      G have you found a PB yet that have the pistol cross formation yet?
      I've only used Oregon so far and they don't have any Pistol.
      Body15 -
      Now playing!
      gschwendt -
      Looks like I'll lose my first game... Oregon 0 TAMU 17. I blame it on me messing around finding the new option plays but sincerely, the CPU is considerably better than last year.
      Jayrah -
      OMG is that available everywhere? Holy good grief!
      Deuce -
      Looks like I'll lose my first game... Oregon 0 TAMU 17. I blame it on me messing around finding the new option plays but sincerely, the CPU is considerably better than last year.
      ...but for my poor little cupcake TB team.

Typed by thumbs.
      oweb26 -
      I thought the read indicator stuff is disabled on all-american?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
      ram29jackson -
      this is still not funny.

last night is was fine, today the ps store is frozen
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post

That was the word we got but I am playing All-American for both CPU offense and CPU defense. However, the User vs User difficulty is set to Varsity so not sure if that maybe overrides it. I'll test and see.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      this is still not funny.

last night is was fine, today the ps store is frozen
      Have you rebooted your console? Have you tried queuing the download from the web? http://tgt.pw/ncaa14demops3
      Rudy -
      It won't start the download until you turn on your console but you can at least queue it up here: http://tgt.pw/ncaa14demops3
      That's not even showing up for me now. I can't see it either. Rebooting a third time now.
      cdj -

We were told that a week or two ago by a community manager, but it was the first time we had heard that. I would double check the game/user difficulties.
      xMrHitStickx904 -

Only shows up when the Coach Cam is up. Besides that, I haven't seen it.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2
      gschwendt -
      With all difficulty levels set to All-American (CPU Offense, CPU Defense, & User vs User), the Read indicator still shows when you bring up coach cam.
      oweb26 -
      I concur I just bumped mine to heisman and testing...

ram29jackson -
      Have you rebooted your console? Have you tried queuing the download from the web? http://tgt.pw/ncaa14demops3
      yes and yes a little bit ago...uugghh LOL
      oweb26 -
      With all difficulty levels set to All-American (CPU Offense, CPU Defense, & User vs User), the Read indicator still shows when you bring up coach cam.
      Heisman doesn't make a difference. .....as someone just said (hitstick I think) it only shows when viewing the play art stuff (checking your play) I would have still hoped it was disabled completely for higher levels...its a dead give away on who to read and will make it easier (its already not hard) to run the option