• IGN: NCAA 14 - A More Mature Physics Engine, A Less Mature Interview

EA's Ben Haumiller joined Wednesday's IGN "Up At Noon" and explained why physics work in this year's NCAA and how you can get into the industry.

Video Link - http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/03...noon-interview

After checking out the video, share your thoughts with the TGT community.

Comments 34 Comments
      souljahbill -
      So, in the first sentence, you say you can't compare real life to a video game and in the last sentence, you say what happens in real life?

And while it's not likely, a team can put 3 TEs and 2 FBs on the field and call 5 wide if that's what they want to do and they aren't obligated to inform the opposition that it's their intention to come out in a passing set.
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      So, in the first sentence, you say you can't compare real life to a video game and in the last sentence, you say what happens in real life?
      The admins should consider adding a new emoticon. This way we could just throw this out and not have to try to understand that which is RAM.

JBHuskers -
      That is creepy.
      ram29jackson -

And while it's not likely, a team can put 3 TEs and 2 FBs on the field and call 5 wide if that's what they want to do and they aren't obligated to inform the opposition that it's their intention to come out in a passing set.

I said "in as many ways as you would like" = comparisons to real world

you cant compare limited preset virtual logic to real world critical thought. And when it comes to online, its a factor dishonest people use as an advantage.
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      That is creepy.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      I said "in as many ways as you would like" = comparisons to real world

you cant compare limited preset virtual logic to real world critical thought. And when it comes to online, its a factor dishonest people use as an advantage.
      Here's a thought:

If you want to play SIM football, play with SIM players. The game shouldn't have to give away a matchup advantage so you can play the alignment right. Football's a guessing game.

With the matchups you are describing, even in a 4-3 defense you should match well. Personnel is always more important than alignment. There's the ability to base-align via defensive shift on every play.
      ram29jackson -
      jazzed it up a little

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
      SmoothPancakes -
      Jayrah -
      I don't get it. What's the face? I've been trying to avoid the question but I must know the significance now
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      I don't get it. What's the face? I've been trying to avoid the question but I must know the significance now
      its my EA image but with a little different- their preset- hair

bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      its my EA image but with a little different- their preset- hair

Jayrah -
      ​hahahahahahahaha
      Oneback -

I personally don't see a problem with this - in real life if a team has the talent to put 3 TEs and 2 FBs on the field (as long as that is their designated position) and threaten the defense, let them throw them out there. As a defensive playcaller I shouldn't know what formation they are coming out in, I'm calling my defense based on the personnel on the field. Now, if this a OD game I should know my opponents personnel prior to starting the game and have somewhat of a knowledge on his formations and will call my defense accordingly.
      JeffHCross -
      Not to mention, if my opponent calls five wide with TEs and RBs, and it's somehow causing me difficulty, I'm going to counter with a defensive scheme change pretty quickly. That's the chess match of football strategy. If I counter and they keep doing the same thing, chances are pretty good that I'll win.