• EA SPORTS: NCAA Football 14 - First Look at the New Gameplay Engine

EA SPORTS has posted the official first look at the "new gameplay engine in NCAA Football 14 which unlocks the unpredictability and innovation of college football, bringing multiple college play-styles to life.

"Featuring real-time physics and enhanced running game that allows users to feel the big plays on offense and defense, with big hits, stiff-arms, include realistic hard cuts when a runner is changing direction, improved run blocking and a new acceleration burst that lets you get around the corner or through the hole and into the open field."

Continue on to view the gameplay teaser video.

Comments 48 Comments
      bdoughty -
      Option game and revamped blocking.
      dhook27 -
      Option Game because i hate seeing Qb pitch the ball when they have wide open space to keep it and run.
      Rudy -
      Option game and running game improvements - specifically the more realistic cutting and foot planting. That's huge for me. The option vote is also based on CPU being much better at it. I think IE2 and new stiff arm will be huge for NCAA as well. That's right up there IMO.
      CLW -
      Honestly I am quite underwhelmed with the improvements to gameplay this year since apparently Defense was by and large untouched other than alleged improvements to obvious bugs/glitches. IF I had to vote for anything the only thing that really intrigues me is the fatigue bar/system. I fully expect it to not really be all that impactful though b/c the casuals are going to get PISSED if/when they can't run their 99 SPD 99 ACC WR on streak routes every play of the game.
      dhook27 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Honestly I am quite underwhelmed with the improvements to gameplay this year since apparently Defense was by and large untouched other than alleged improvements to obvious bugs/glitches. IF I had to vote for anything the only thing that really intrigues me is the fatigue bar/system. I fully expect it to not really be all that impactful though b/c the casuals are going to get PISSED if/when they can't run their 99 SPD 99 ACC WR on streak routes every play of the game.
      dont u mean cheesers?
      Jayrah -
      Infinity and Blocking. All of the other improvements are useless without those.
      AustinWolv -
      Agree with CLW
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      As mentioned in the podcast, this could still change. It's still early enough they can work considerably on defense and other gameplay tweaks. This is normally why they don't lead with gameplay