• NCAA Football 13 Uniform Store Now Open for Business

As part of Patch #2, the Uniform Store was unveiled only was empty. However, users can now begin downloading updated uniforms to use in the game on both X-Box 360 & PS3. Twenty-three uniforms are included in the free pack including the Oregon uniform pictured above. Additional uniforms for Notre Dame & Michigan in the Adidas Strategy pack will cost you 80 MSP/$1 PSN.

Continue after the break for a look at each of the new uniforms.

Comments 139 Comments
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      I bought the Adidas pack too. It was .79 cents because if Season Ticket, not because of waiting (20% off and the price was .99).
      Ah... I imagine you're right. I was kidding that it was discounted for waiting, I was just assuming everyone on PS3 paid $.79
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Finally downloaded the uniforms this morning and went ahead and purchased the two Michigan & ND uniforms... considering it was 80 cents (guess we get a discount for waiting ) and I use Michigan in an OD, it wasn't a hard decision. That said, I noticed in the ND uniforms that their pieces other than pants say "Strategy 1" whereas Michigan's all say "Strategy"... obviously pointing that ND will have additional uniforms for sale in the future. And considering that the pants don't say Strategy 1, that tells me it won't be the navy & gold mock-Maryland style uniform since that has two-tone pants.

At any rate, here's to hoping we get more updates going forward.
      $.80 that must be your "insider deal" I purchased them and they were $.99 either way it's nice to get some cool DLC.

Have they made any mention about Utah St's alternate uniforms? I like their matte blue helmets.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      $.80 that must be your "insider deal" I purchased them and they were $.99 either way it's nice to get some cool DLC.

Have they made any mention about Utah St's alternate uniforms? I like their matte blue helmets.
      It's $.80 for Season Ticket members, as all DLC is 20% off.

on USU unis.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
      CLW -
      lmao at .80 cents. EA cannot possibly be making any money off of that. 1st the credit card company takes their % off the top, then i presume MS and Sony do the same from their stores + the costs of putting it online. Perhaps that is why the stock is down like 33% this year.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      lmao at .80 cents. EA cannot possibly be making any money off of that. 1st the credit card company takes their % off the top, then i presume MS and Sony do the same from their stores + the costs of putting it online. Perhaps that is why the stock is down like 33% this year.
      Because EA is the only company that offers PDLC for a buck

gigemaggs99 -
      I think they make money on the DLC but more importantly they make money like the guys did on Office Space, just not as quickly and as in big chunks like happened on the movie.

Similar to when I was a student at A&M we had Aggie Bucks. It basically was a pre-paid account you could put on your student ID, you could use it at bookstores for food, notebooks, scan trons, etc....

The point is, like everything you purchase there is change. When you go to graduate you never get that money back, but it's not enough money to fight them over, but it is still drops in the bucket. If you have 2000+ graduates a year leaving A&M and they all had $0.05 that would be $100. I know I had more, maybe $2-3 if not more so if you look at it a that way it's adds up FAST.

In a similar way the PS3 store or the Xbox 360 marketplace has the same "scam/system" working in their favor but this time on a MUCH larger scale. Hundreds of thousands of customers all over the world, if all of them leave 50 cents to a dollar, that is a lot of money!
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      How often will it be updated?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
      How often will it be updated?
      No indications yet but I'm hoping at least once a month during the season and then one final update after the national championship.
      JBHuskers -
      Hope it is often. Would love to get the Utah State unis.

souljahbill -
      I'm ready for our homecoming throwbacks.
      JeffHCross -
      lmao at .80 cents. EA cannot possibly be making any money off of that.
      If only one person buys it, you're right. But the beauty of digital is that you don't have production costs for every item sold ...
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      If only one person buys it, you're right. But the beauty of digital is that you don't have production costs for every item sold ...
      Not to mention the cost to make updated/new unis is minimal at best. With so many uniform changes this year you kinda saw this coming. I do not see the Uniform store as something they expected to make money. It is the closest thing to an apology as you will get from EA Sports, to the consumer that is.

If I were an EA Game Changer I might dare to ask why one person on the staff at Tiburon does not have Uni-Watch bookmarked as to figure this stuff out a bit quicker as a few of those jerseys were released in time to get on the disc.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      If I were an EA Game Changer I might dare to ask why one person on the staff at Tiburon does not have Uni-Watch bookmarked as to figure this stuff out a bit quicker as a few of those jerseys were released in time to get on the disc.
      I'm 99% certain that they are subscribed to Uni-Watch. In fact, they get info ahead of uni-watch by working directly with the uniform makers and schools and are under NDA because of it. The problem is though, as they mentioned in a podcast, if they go off of the mock-ups and pre-game renderings, they don't get the details 100%... maybe a logo is different or not all of the helmet decals are on, etc. It's the same as the stadiums under construction... they don't want to put something out that's wrong and then have to go back later and fix it.

That said, I would want/hope that they would have them practically all but finished and then on the Monday after game-day, do a quick comparison and make the final tweaks. The issue is though, sending it to Sony/MS then adds another delay in the process I imagine.
      gigemaggs99 -
      I'm still confused on this sony patch stuff. They came out w/ the patch a while back that added the uniform store but it wasn't open on PS3. Then they came out with another patch (this week) that opened the uniform store, or put content in it.

My question is, if EA comes out with more uniforms are we going to need a new patch or will they be able to add them to the uniform store?

I ask, because if we need a new patch is the PS3 going to be 2 weeks behind Xbox 360 again?

It just seems silly to have a patch with the uniform store, yet require subsequent patches to stock the store.
      gschwendt -
      For purchasable content, a patch shouldn't be necessary... they'll just be added to the PSN store or XBL Marketplace. For free content, that might require a patch, although uniforms that haven't been unveiled or granted approval to release may have been included in a previous patch or even on-disc.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I'm 99% certain that they are subscribed to Uni-Watch. In fact, they get info ahead of uni-watch by working directly with the uniform makers and schools and are under NDA because of it. The problem is though, as they mentioned in a podcast, if they go off of the mock-ups and pre-game renderings, they don't get the details 100%... maybe a logo is different or not all of the helmet decals are on, etc. It's the same as the stadiums under construction... they don't want to put something out that's wrong and then have to go back later and fix it.

That said, I would want/hope that they would have them practically all but finished and then on the Monday after game-day, do a quick comparison and make the final tweaks. The issue is though, sending it to Sony/MS then adds another delay in the process I imagine.
      Lord have mercy on their souls if the angle of a curve on a uniform is off by 1 degree. The people over at other sites would go NUTS. Seriously, I honestly can't tell when playing the game. Maybe its b/c I "X out" of the replays but when the game as playing as long as the colors are "close" and the uniforms are "close" call me satisfied.
      gschwendt -
      Lord have mercy on their souls if the angle of a curve on a uniform is off by 1 degree. The people over at other sites would go NUTS. Seriously, I honestly can't tell when playing the game. Maybe its b/c I "X out" of the replays but when the game as playing as long as the colors are "close" and the uniforms are "close" call me satisfied.
      Considering many (including pastapadre) have railed EA the past few years because details on Washington, Arizona, etc. are different, I can understand them wanting to make sure to get it right the first time.

Additionally, I notice something similar with Arkansas State's uniforms. For NCAA12, they created them off of mock-ups but didn't include the black uniforms. They added the black for NCAA13 and you can tell a noticeable difference between the logo above the numbers on the two uniforms. The ones from 12 actually look awkward because the logo is so small. That said, I'm not going throw a fit, but I can see where it can get under some people's skin.
      bdoughty -
      Uniform editor, in game. Seems simple enough.

Flip the wayback machine to Madden 04.

CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      Uniform editor, in game. Seems simple enough.

Flip the wayback machine to Madden 04.

Next thing you are going to do is bring back REAL 1AA teams and a "real" Heisman trophy presentation.
      bdoughty -
      Next thing you are going to do is bring back REAL 1AA teams and a "real" Heisman trophy presentation.
      Sure I would love to have the FCS teams. I think with the custom conferences you could add the FCS leagues into it and allow for some awe inspiring customization. I would love to create an EPL like promotions/regulations system using the WAC and say the top 4 FCS playoff teams. The problem with teambuilder is you never know what exactly you are getting and it always felt to me like a lazy way to shut up people wanting FCS teams in the game and forcing the customer to do all the work.