• NCAA Football 13 Demo Available Now on XBL & PS3

The NCAA Football 13 demo is now available on both XBL (queue download from web here) and PSN.

The demo features one Heisman Challenge match-up (of co-cover athlete Robert Griffin III) and several match-ups from Week 10: USC-Oregon, LSU-Alabama, Kansas State vs. Baylor. All match-ups consist of four three-minute quarters with Studio Updates, however the Heisman Challenge game features four five-minute quarters with defense supersimmed.

Sharing the demo with a friend will unlock five Nike Pro-Combat uniforms for use in the retail version of the game: LSU, Navy, Stanford, Boise State, Ohio State. Playing through each Dynasty Experience match-up will unlock WR Tim Brown, RB Archie Griffin, and QB Jim Plunkett for use in Heisman Challenge in retail version.

After downloading and playing the demo, share your impressions and feedback here with the community. Continue on to see a video detailing what you can expect in the demo.

Articles from EA
    Get the Demo
    Spoiler: show
    Hey Everyone, Ben Haumiller here and with July 10th
    fast approaching it’s time to talk about this year’s demo. First off, I’m happy to announced that the demo is now available for download, so rather than just hear about the buzz coming out of E3, you will get a chance to get your hands on the game and check out all of the great gameplay improvements for yourself.We are very excited about this year’s demo for two reasons; first, we are giving you a deeper look at what’s new than ever before, and second, we have never provided more rewards for checking out the demo.Before we get into the details, let’s take do a quick overview of the menu and we will dive into the features from there. You will see that we are providing a preview of the new Heisman Challenge, a Dynasty Mode experience, and the ability to share the demo with a friend.

Heisman Challenge presented by NissanFirst let’s start with the Heisman Challenge. For the first time ever you will have the chance to experience what it’s like to be a Heisman Trophy winner. There are 16 former Heisman recipients involved in the Heisman Challenge in the full retail version of the game, but for the demo we are giving you a chance to play as 2011 Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III. You will be able to put RG3 on one of the six teams included in the demo, and experience for yourself the new Total Control passing system. You can also check out the all new Reaction Time feature which gives you the ability to “slow the game down” and take the time to make the split-second decisions that came so natural to these Heisman greats.
    Dynasty ExperienceWith the addition of ESPN Studio Updates and the Bottom Line ticker to Dynasty Mode, we wanted to give you a feel for how the stories of the day will be revealed to you depending on when your game is being played. To do this, we are going to drop you into a Dynasty that has been simmed to week 10 of the upcoming college football season. We chose week 10 for two very important reasons, Oregon @ USC and Alabama @ LSU. Since both of those games are played in week 10 it was the natural choice for our Dynasty experience week. With RG3 being playable in the Heisman Challenge it also felt right for us to select Baylor as one of the teams in our other matchup, and we opted for Kansas State as Baylor’s opponent.When you select the Dynasty Experience from the menu you will be brought to the schedule screen where you will have the ability to select any of these three matchups. Each one is at a different time of day so that you will get to experience the “stories of Saturday” from three different perspectives.
    Once you select your game it’s time to head in and check out all of those new gameplay improvements like Total Control Passing, Read and React Defensive AI, and more. Not only that, you can also follow all of the action around the country through the Bottom Line and Studio Updates with Rece Davis.

Heisman Challenge UnlockAs a reward for checking out the demo, we are going to give you three Heisman Challenge athletes for use in the full retail version ofNCAA Football 13. By completing each of the three demo matchups (either through the Heisman Challenge or the Dynasty experience) you will unlock classic Heisman winners Jim Plunkett, Tim Brown, and Archie Griffin.

Share the DemoIn addition to the Heisman Challenge unlocks, we are also giving you 5 Nike Pro Combat uniforms just for telling a friend to check out the NCAA Football 13 demo. All you need to do is share the demo once and you will unlock the Nike Pro Combat uniforms for Navy, Stanford, Ohio State, LSU, and Boise State:

Now that you’ve got the details, go download that demo and start enjoying your first hands-on peek at NCAA Football 13. Be sure to preorder the game, and get ready for the full experience on July 10th.

How to Download the Demo
    Spoiler: show
    With the NCAA Football 13 demo available to download now, it’s time to get your hands on this year’s game, check out all of the new gameplay improvements, and unlock your 5 Nike Pro Combat Uniforms as well as your three Heisman Challenge Athletes. If you’ve never downloaded a demo before, here’s what you need to do:
    Xbox Live Demo Download Steps
    1. From Xbox Home go to the Games section
    2. Select Games Marketplace
    3. Go to the Demos section and select New Releases
    4. Select the NCAA Football 13 Demo
    5. Select Free Download
    6. Select Confirm Download
    Visit the Xbox 360 Marketplace

PlayStation® Store Demo Download Steps
    1. On the Cross Menu Bar (XMB) of the PlayStation go to PlayStation Store icon under the account menu option (the second column from the right).
    2. Once you select this it will load you into the PlayStation Store.
    3. In the Store Menu go to PlayStation Demos option to get a list of demos.
    4. Here you should see a list of demos that are currently available to download.
    Note: This could be broken into sub sections like Action/Adventure, Sports, Racing, etc. You want to pick “Sports” or “New”.
    5. Here is where you can find the NCAA® Football 13 Demo and can select it.
    6. In this screen select the demo and choose to download the file which will be free and install it.
    7. Once the install is done to access it you need to go back to the XMB.
    8. On the XMB go to the Game column (fourth from the right) and you will an NCAA® Football 20th Anniversary logo that is the new demo.
    The NCAA Football 13 demo will be available on PlayStation® Store June 6 at 7PM EDT/4PM PDT

Comments 659 Comments
      ram29jackson -
      I want to say early on it just seems like the players are moving too fast..maybe i'll like it later but it just looks like they are skittering everywhere LOL..maybe a weaker team wont look like USC ( fast) but damn

.the players seem more aware of the sidelines...but Rece can stop interupting me for all I care LOL
      ram29jackson -
      I do keep wanting to see replays of the catch animations I see but of course you cant do that damnit
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      i love the speed... its about what it was with 11... seems so fast because 12 had cement cleats... it feels like college football... explosive
      ram29jackson -
      it may not have RTP but the players still seem to react differently to hits and tackles...maybe its just the newness and my giddyness and eventually it will seem the same..but right now it doesnt seem like the usual player interaction from 12'
      SpreadOption -
      Bug I just encountered

Same game, and the clock hit 0:00 but no change. Had to be like this for 15 while I messes with the
      Videos
      ram29jackson -
      that was frightening...and funny...the players moved really fluid in that though...like ghosts
      Rudy -
      The players do seem more aware of the sidelines. I don't see WRs running instantly out of bounds.

Jaymo, I have run a successful HB screen and WR screen. I have not seen the cpu run a successful HB screen although I don't know if they tried one. They usually sucked at running that. That's what scares me a lot about this demo since you can't judge a lot of the core problems. Without changing the difficulty or sliders how can we tell if the cpu offense is going to suck at running certain things again? Given the fact they sucked running the spread-option last year and that the devs said fixing that was not a priority item I simply don't believe it will be significantly better this year. I've said this before - all the different college offenses should give NCAA a huge advantage over Madden but if they can't run the unique offenses right it becomes a black eye. Madden has a lot of custom formations for each team so it gives them some personality. NCAA needs to step up in this area.
      kstauf -
      Bug--
      In the dime package there is a new sub package "4 DE". The pre-play art appears correct but if you call this it puts your QBs in on the defensive line.

I did this as USC but I assume this would be the case for any of the teams on the demo.
      souljahbill -
      First off, I'm use to playing on slow speed with the speed threshold at 0 so right now, the speed of the game is like drinking a Red Bull laced with cocaine. It's FAST.

Secondly, I just beat USC 28-3 with Oregon. Oh baby is the option deadlier to run now. My QB went bananas on read options. Had I looked to see that the pitch button changed earlier in the game, I would have burnt the defense 2 more times on speed options. The DE completely sell out when going for the RB and the QB not moving like he's wearing cement shoes makes a WORLD of difference. I am SO ready to start a dynasty now with my custom playbook. Screens don't work at all for me however. WR screens were my favorite pass plays but everything is bottled up now.

Long story short, I'm completely sold. This game is gonna be a nice upgrade from '12 and definitely should hold me over until '14 so I can see what the fuss is about with RTP.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by SpreadOption View Post
      Bug I just encountered

Same game, and the clock hit 0:00 but no change. Had to be like this for 15 while I messes with the
      Videos
      Thanks. I've sent them to EA.
      Kwizzy -
      Ok so I played 4 games last night:
      KSU(me)14-BAY 10- Scored both of my TDs in the 4th, fun game.
      USC(me)10-Ducks 21- Threw 3 INTs trying to get a feel for the new passing mechanics.
      LSU(me)16-Bama 10- Got a safety early, and moved the ball pretty well in the run game.
      Ducks(me) 28- USC 7- Pretty much had everything going on offense.

I typically have a tough time breaking down things too much without instant replay, especially so with the fast paced gameplay (which I love btw). That being said, here are my early impressions:

-Overall I think I am really going to like this game. I’m assuming that the step up to AA and some basic slider tweaks will clear up some of the issues I’m seeing. I did not expect the game to feel as different as it does, especially since the last time I played it in Jan. it felt exactly like ’12 with some things added in.

-The shotgun run game is a blast! Hopefully it’s defended a bit tougher on AA but man it’s a lot of fun!

-Player movement feels much better to me. It’s obviously still not what we’d like it to be, but I think it’s taken a pretty strong step in the right direction & RTP next year should continue that growth. I was able to make some nice jukes & cuts in the open field that actually made people miss.

-There are still some alignment issues but it is much improved. I am still seeing some zone assignments flipped/crossing when a nickel/dime comes across the field to match the formation. I haven’t been able to tell yet if it’s just the play art that gets screwy or if they are actually playing the wrong assignment. I like the base align feature too, it will keep you in the standard shell of the formation you called no matter what the offense comes out in. That will be nice to add some confusion/disguise for the defense. (Dr. Death, you can use the base align to remedy the cover 2 zone vs twins issue you had mentioned. It will at least keep your CB from going across the formation.)

-It’s all well and good that I can flip my defensive play to make sure I get aligned normal on blitz calls but the CPU can’t & it’s a dead giveaway to what is coming sometimes. I’d really like to see a system implemented to help the CPU Defense in that regard.

-One negative effect of the new (correct) alignments is that it showcases some of the shortfalls of the game when it comes to run fits & leverage. Players don’t play with leverage to keep contain & don’t try to maintain gap integrity at all. This used to be countered somewhat by the fact that the D remained fairly evenly distributed no matter what sets the Offense used. Now with defenders lining up to match some of these trips formations & whatnot, these shortcomings become a much bigger issue. An example of this would be on some of the trips HB weak type formations where you call a speed option. The DE easily gets sucked inside with no regard to outside leverage, a true “force” assignment doesn’t exist & the result is often not pretty. This is obviously just 1 example of a bigger issue.

-Overall though I had a ton of fun last night with this game & I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the game on AA. I thought that it reintroduced some of the fun, open feel to the game which has been missing the last couple years.
      JBHuskers -
      There should be some Pantera playing with the mosh pit that is occurring in those videos

Thanks for posting them SpreadOption!
      souljahbill -
      Finally found something that I don't like about the demo:

UAB 38 - Southern Miss 22

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      gschwendt -
      Apparently there's a glitch that if you play a game in the demo and then turn around and play another game (without backing out to the main menu), you'll carry the first team's playbook with you. I wondered why Alabama had so much Shotgun in their playbook.

Essentially if you play a second game, you'll want to back out to the main menu of the demo, and then go back into the Dynasty mode before starting your second game.
      souljahbill -
      I don't know anything about file limits and whatnot but I would gladly wait another hour or so to download a bigger demo if they could add instant replay. I've wanted to go back and see good blocks, missed assignments, big runs, awesome catches, and big hits but I can't due to a lack of replay. I'd LOVE to have instant replay in the demo going forward.

Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Apparently there's a glitch that if you play a game in the demo and then turn around and play another game (without backing out to the main menu), you'll carry the first team's playbook with you. I wondered why Alabama had so much Shotgun in their playbook.

Essentially if you play a second game, you'll want to back out to the main menu of the demo, and then go back into the Dynasty mode before starting your second game.
      Ha! I was thinking the same thing about Oregon's pb.... way too much under center stuff... now I know why.
      Tarhead10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post

Nice... I was wondering why Alabama didnt have hardly any formations under center...
      Little Steve -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Finally found something that I don't like about the demo:

UAB 38 - Southern Miss 22

Everyone knows that UAB is the best football school ever!
      Little Steve -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      I don't know anything about file limits and whatnot but I would gladly wait another hour or so to download a bigger demo if they could add instant replay. I've wanted to go back and see good blocks, missed assignments, big runs, awesome catches, and big hits but I can't due to a lack of replay. I'd LOVE to have instant replay in the demo going forward.

No way in hell they will let you have instent replays. They don't want you to see all the same bad stuff and or have youtubers bash the game by finding bad stuff.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
      No way in hell they will let you have instent replays. They don't want you to see all the same bad stuff and or have youtubers bash the game by finding bad stuff.
      Nah it's more like things are cut out to slim down the demo size. If that was the case, they wouldn't have it in the retail game either.