• NCAA Football 13 - Quick Clips

Each Thursday, a new NCAA Football 13 'Quick Clip' will be posted showcasing different aspects of the game in action.

Clip #1 (5/10) - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio
    Clip #2 (5/17) - Raw Gameplay - NCAA Football 13 - USC vs. Oregon Part Two
    Clip #3 (5/24) - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Clips feat. Maryland & Michigan
    Clip #4 (5/31) - FIRST LOOK at Scouting when you start your Dynasty in NCAA Football 13
    NEW! Clip #5 (6/28) RAW Unedited Look at Dynasty Recruiting in NCAA Football 13

All clips will be archived in this thread. After checking out the video(s), share your thoughts with the community below.

Clip #1 - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio (May 10)

Clip #2 - Raw Gameplay - NCAA Football 13 - USC vs. Oregon Part Two (May 17)

Clip #3 - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Clips feat. Maryland & Michigan (May 24)

Clip #4 - FIRST LOOK at Scouting when you start your Dynasty in NCAA Football 13 (May 31)

Clip #5 - RAW Unedited Look at Dynasty Recruiting in NCAA Football 13 (June 28)
    Comments 362 Comments
      JeffHCross -
      Even if I only have 10 spots to fill, I'll probably be at least taking a look at 20 players. And having only 10 spots (or less) is going to be pretty rare.
      illwill10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Even if I only have 10 spots to fill, I'll probably be at least taking a look at 20 players. And having only 10 spots (or less) is going to be pretty rare.
      I agree
      Especially starting with a low school, I am gonna scout a ton of 1-3 players with hopes of finding a gem.
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      then a scouting difficulty option is the obvious answer.
      It has nothing to do with difficulty. It has everything to do with time. Some people already dislike the advanced recruiting in next gen due to how long it takes. EA is really stretching the time we spend on the off the field stuff. There are many complaints out there among the casual gamers and some hardcore guys about the effort required in this area. I do enjoy recruiting but it takes an awfully long time at the beginning of the year to set up your recruiting board. Then you will also be spending 20 hours to scout as well. There is a huge time commitment at the beginning.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      It has nothing to do with difficulty. It has everything to do with time.
      a harder scouting difficulty would unlock fewer ratings, therefore making you spend more time scouting the player.

you dont have to take the time to scout. scouting will only help you be more succesful in recruiting. not doing it wont hurt you at all.
      gschwendt -
      If you don't scout, the cpu will use your scouting time for you on the players on your target list.
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      If you don't scout, the cpu will use your scouting time for you on the players on your target list.
      Nice...problem solved.
      WolverineJay -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      a harder scouting difficulty would unlock fewer ratings, therefore making you spend more time scouting the player.

you dont have to take the time to scout. scouting will only help you be more succesful in recruiting. not doing it wont hurt you at all.
      I like this idea of a scouting difficulty level much like NCAA 11's addition of recruiting difficulty.

Maybe on Heisman level scouting the user would start with no attribute grades known outside of the base athletic skills like Speed, Strength, Agility, Jumping, etc....
      You scout 60 minutes you get 6 position specific attribute grades unlocked and once all the grades are unlocked then further scouting gives the actual number ratings for that unlocked grade. So you first start with nothing but the base grades unlocked then after a couple scouting sessions all grades are unlocked you can further scout to unlock that B grade if you want to give the actual number he has let's say 80 for QB's THP. I think this would require maybe 5 hrs of scout time per week rather than 3, but maybe not. I know having to first unlock the grade before the rating would definitely slow down the scouting process to a more realistic level.
      hawkeyeguy -
      You can't import NCAA draft classes into Madden anymore?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
      You can't import NCAA draft classes into Madden anymore?
      You're correct, Madden removed that feature. They explained during the webcast yesterday that it's due to their new story system, etc. and wanting to ensure that anything they add to the new Connected Careers mode is fully vetted instead of half-assed. They want to bring that back in the future but not until they're sure they've done it properly.
      JBHuskers -
      In regards to the importing draft classes. The number of people that actually used it was not just low, but VERY VERY low. But, with this new system, down the road, we could see some things from college to pro that were never done before.
      illwill10 -
      You also cant import RTG into CC
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      In regards to the importing draft classes. The number of people that actually used it was not just low, but VERY VERY low. But, with this new system, down the road, we could see some things from college to pro that were never done before.
      like players ethnicity not changing ? LOL
      JBHuskers -
      My favorite Gary Coleman animated gif disappeared, so I'll go with Bill Cosby from now on for Ram.

ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      My favorite Gary Coleman animated gif disappeared, so I'll go with Bill Cosby from now on for Ram.

why the need to mock me for making a little joke ? sheesh

And those are the wrong quick clips anyway
      gschwendt -

In this final weekly Quick Clip video show you a raw unedited look at recruiting in NCAA Football 13 Dynasty mode.
      Bohica1010 -
      Does anyone know if running up the score will be a negative for coach integrity? We have always thought that in our online league that should play more a part of who you are as a coach instead of just for the college school challenge. Kind of like I think it was NASCAR 08? was when you would be a good guy or a villain. Not that you would be a bad coach, but that you would be kind of rated as a winning is the only thing as opposed to being a coach that is more likable for being concerned for the game.
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bohica1010 View Post
      Does anyone know if running up the score will be a negative for coach integrity? We have always thought that in our online league that should play more a part of who you are as a coach instead of just for the college school challenge. Kind of like I think it was NASCAR 08? was when you would be a good guy or a villain. Not that you would be a bad coach, but that you would be kind of rated as a winning is the only thing as opposed to being a coach that is more likable for being concerned for the game.
      Have you seen some of the incredible comebacks in college football??? Why should a coach receive a negative integrity for continuing to score points??? I have never understood this. It is the opponents job to stop your offense, not your own coach's!
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bohica1010 View Post
      Does anyone know if running up the score will be a negative for coach integrity?
      It depends on the definition of integrity that you're using. I've always read it as "honesty", or keeping true to your word. But you're right that moral/ethical character is also a significant part of Integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      Have you seen some of the incredible comebacks in college football???
      Even the greatest comebacks in football history have had a point where it would have been impossible. Like if Houston's insane lead against Buffalo had been going into the 4th rather than halftime ...
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      In this final weekly Quick Clip video show you a raw unedited look at recruiting in NCAA Football 13 Dynasty mode.
      Since it's "RAW Unedited", does that mean we're going to randomly see copyright screens during calls? Really, really strange editing decision at 3:37, IMO.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      they added minus grades!