• NCAA Football 13 - Quick Clips

Each Thursday, a new NCAA Football 13 'Quick Clip' will be posted showcasing different aspects of the game in action.

Clip #1 (5/10) - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio
    Clip #2 (5/17) - Raw Gameplay - NCAA Football 13 - USC vs. Oregon Part Two
    Clip #3 (5/24) - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Clips feat. Maryland & Michigan
    Clip #4 (5/31) - FIRST LOOK at Scouting when you start your Dynasty in NCAA Football 13
    NEW! Clip #5 (6/28) RAW Unedited Look at Dynasty Recruiting in NCAA Football 13

All clips will be archived in this thread. After checking out the video(s), share your thoughts with the community below.

Clip #1 - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio (May 10)

Clip #2 - Raw Gameplay - NCAA Football 13 - USC vs. Oregon Part Two (May 17)

Clip #3 - NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Clips feat. Maryland & Michigan (May 24)

Clip #4 - FIRST LOOK at Scouting when you start your Dynasty in NCAA Football 13 (May 31)

Clip #5 - RAW Unedited Look at Dynasty Recruiting in NCAA Football 13 (June 28)
    Comments 362 Comments
      psuexv -
      Well I guess that is why I'm kinda down on it. I'm under the assumption it is going to be in between plays.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      Well I guess that is why I'm kinda down on it. I'm under the assumption it is going to be in between plays.
      God I hope not. I know we all have our various issues where EA has screwed the pooch time and again over the years on various features and bugs, but I can't believe for a second EA would be that stupid as to put studio updates in between actual plays. You have perfect times for updates already pre-built into the game: after field goals/PATs, possibly after kickoffs and before the offense comes out, and end of quarter/halftime.

With those spots, you would automatically get an absolute bare minimum of 6 studio updates each game (in a 3-0 or 7-0 final, after opening kickoff, after first quarter, at halftime, after opening kickoff in second half, after third quarter, and after the field goal or touchdown to take the lead). In high scoring games or back and forth affairs, you could easily get 10-15+ studio updates mixed in at various points in the game.

There's no reason for them to do anything else like putting it between plays.
      JeffHCross -
      It won't be. I'm confident in that. At least not any more "randomly in-between plays" than your average "what the hell are they cutting to commercial now for" moments. Like between the kickoff return and the first play of an offensive series.

I can't find the blog where it was said, but there was an emphasis that it will happen on "natural" cut-in moments. Or something like that. It may have been during the webcast.

EDIT: Kotaku's article.

These studio updates will occur at natural points in the game. In a game I was playing, a Stanford-Notre Dame matchup that started at 4 p.m. Eastern, right after I kicked the extra point on my first touchdown Nessler turned it over to Davis, who informed us that Virginia Tech had survived an upset scare from Duke to stay on top of the ACC's Coastal Division.
      psuexv -
      I guess I base it off of the highlight tracker or whatever they have now, that's why I end up skipping past them as I hit X to get to the huddle
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      It won't be. I'm confident in that. At least not any more "randomly in-between plays" than your average "what the hell are they cutting to commercial now for" moments. Like between the kickoff return and the first play of an offensive series.

I can't find the blog where it was said, but there was an emphasis that it will happen on "natural" cut-in moments. Or something like that. It may have been during the webcast.

That's what I remembered as well Jeff.
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      That's what I remembered as well Jeff.
      I take it you two didn't watch the video in the article. The very 1st cut away at the :19 mark happens right after a running play
      steelerfan -
      I take it you two didn't watch the video in the article. The very 1st cut away at the :19 mark happens right after a running play
      That's not a running play. It's the opening kick of the second half.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      That's not a running play. It's the opening kick of the second half.

How in the world are you establishing that?
      SmoothPancakes -
      Because the clock says 4:57 after the guy gets tackled, and EA uses 5 minute quarters for everything.

Also, after the runner gets tackled, it then pops up and says 1st and 10, and since it doesn't look like he just broke a long run (based on where all the other players are on the field), it would 2nd down.

And third, that is NO offensive formation I have every seen where all 10 players are just randomly running around while the guy with the ball goes running up into a massive pile of players (that looks just like a kickoff return).
      steelerfan -

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Because the clock says 4:57 after the guy gets tackled, and EA uses 5 minute quarters for everything.

Also, after the runner gets tackled, it then pops up and says 1st and 10, and since it doesn't look like he just broke a long run (based on where all the other players are on the field), it would 2nd down.

And third, that is NO offensive formation I have every seen where all 10 players are just randomly running around while the guy with the ball goes running up into a massive pile of players (that looks just like a kickoff return).
      Yep.

psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Ahh, I even looked at the clock. I guess I'm so used to running 8 and 9 minute quarters that the 5 min didn't click.
      Jayrah -
      C'mon Man! You really thought that was a run play?
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      C'mon Man! You really thought that was a run play?
      Honestly when I first looked at it yeah. I didn't over analyze it, just saw the guy running getting tackled and cutscene.
      Jayrah -
      Honestly when I first looked at it yeah. I didn't over analyze it, just saw the guy running getting tackled and cutscene.
      That's funny I immediately knew kickoff return when he said "get's out to the 23".
      mtoo22 -
      Are we getting a clip today?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II with Tapatalk 2
      JBHuskers -
      Freshly uploaded by EA.

ryby6969 -
      The run at the 1:20 mark worries me about the ability to bounce it out side and not lose speed. Otherwise, looks good.
      Little Steve -
      Is that 12 or 13. i can't tell the differnce in gameplay.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
      Is that 12 or 13. i can't tell the differnce in gameplay.
      Are you serious?
      Jayrah -
      I'm really hoping/assuming this is Varsity setting, because the D-backs stop far too often while the ball is in the air. That will drive me nuts on AA and/or Heisman.