• NCAA Football 13 - Dynasty Mode Improvements

The NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Improvements have been revealed. Continue on to read the official blogs, view the Dynasty Mode trailer video, see the full list of improvements, and more.

Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Blogs:

Media Articles

NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Improvements
    • Dynamic Pitches - Some pitches change on a weekly basis. (New pitch: Playing Style, based upon stats and on-field performance.)
    • Scouting - Actual ratings and overall revealed via scouting
    • Breaking into Top Ten - If other schools do not show interest, team can move onto board. Prospects start with fewer teams on board. Any team has a chance at every recruit.
    • Triple Threat Athletes
    • Phone Call
    • Search Improvements - Faster & optimized
    • New "My School" Screen - Showing current recruiting pitch ratings
    • Changes to Player Transfers - New reasons for leaving: Playing Time, Broken Promises, Coach Leaving, Homesick. Try and keep players from leaving by offering recruits. Broken promises can hurt Coach Prestige. Improved transfer logic and number of transfers.
    • Website Improvements: New Scouting on the Web, Complete offseason and preseason on the web
    • Online Dynasty Live Dashboard: Serverside ability to identify, address, and prevent Transfer Failed issues
    • ESPN Bottom Line Ticker (Priority Alerts, Upset Alerts, Final Alerts): Games happen in real-time, upcoming game preview
    • ESPN Studio Updates: Live updates in all four quarters, updates will show one to four games. Will highlight: General & Top 25, Upset alerts, BCS updates, big days for players. Hosted by ESPN's Rece Davis.
    • New game open will feature "live look-in" from Rece in-studio and then sending it out to Kirk and Brad.
    • Nessler will give 'game impact' discussion based on Studio Update from Rece

Archived Webcast:
    easports on livestream.com. Broadcast Live Free
    Comments 389 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Since all conference changes are now custom, I'd go with custom rivalries. Dynamic would have been a blast when conference promotion/demotion happened, but would be out of place with the current system.

If you could have both, here's what I'd like to see: Custom Rivalries allowed to be setup pre-dynasty, when you're setting up the initial custom conferences. Then dynamic within the actual dynasty. But Custom is probably a safer option too.

Beautiful thing about an option like that is that it's only time-consuming if you want it to be. People like me would go through game by game and see who should be new rivals, while others would just skip it.

Setting the bar high there.
      Well, once you get outside of the SEC, Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac 12, the bar doesn't get all too high unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
      Huh.... i was just checking the big east bowl games and i saw that wvu killed clemson.
      and they lost to UL and only beat UC because thier star QB broke his foot. I also saw the big east players go higher in the draft. Maybe its the ACC overrated? u can say that NC ST. beat UL but cincy beat UL and NC STATE( blow out) o and they beat a SEC school. huh maybe the big east is.... dare i say it underrated??? you can also say that wvu is the best and that there leaving. but out of the past 4 years they one it 2 times(big east title). UC won it 3 times.... maybe you sould be stop talking huh?
      Dude, take it easy, it was a joke. It's always fun to crack on the Big East and ACC a bit now and then (this time it just happened to be the Big East). I know you're a Cincinnati fan (at least I want to think that you are based on memory of previous posts), but I'm sure you've heard much much worse over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      I'm sure he's talking about the Big East of the future where there will be no West Virginia, no Pitt, etc.
      Well, yeah, in that case it would probably be true. Boise State, maybe Houston and San Diego State will be decent additions to the Big East in the future, but not sure even with those three teams, that the Big East will be able to match the ACC with Virginia Tech, Pitt, Florida State, Maryland, and to an extent, Georgia Tech, NC State, Miami and Clemson.

Oh yeah, and don't think I'm a Big East hater Little Steve. I'm gonna be a Big East follower in a couple years when Navy joins in 2015. I just like cracking on the ACC and Big East from time to time, and can get away with it because I don't follow a conference as a Navy fan. I do follow the Sun Belt as a Florida International fan, but that's secondary, Navy is my primary team I root for, thus no conference affiliation for me as a fan of an Independent.
      Little Steve -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

Dude, take it easy, it was a joke. It's always fun to crack on the Big East and ACC a bit now and then (this time it just happened to be the Big East). I know you're a Cincinnati fan (at least I want to think that you are based on memory of previous posts), but I'm sure you've heard much much worse over the years.

Well, yeah, in that case it would probably be true. Boise State, maybe Houston and San Diego State will be decent additions to the Big East in the future, but not sure even with those three teams, that the Big East will be able to match the ACC with Virginia Tech, Pitt, Florida State, Maryland, and to an extent, Georgia Tech, NC State, Miami and Clemson.

Oh yeah, and don't think I'm a Big East hater Little Steve. I'm gonna be a Big East follower in a couple years when Navy joins in 2015. I just like cracking on the ACC and Big East from time to time, and can get away with it because I don't follow a conference as a Navy fan. I do follow the Sun Belt as a Florida International fan, but that's secondary, Navy is my primary team I root for, thus no conference affiliation for me as a fan of an Independent.

sorry, in a weight lifting class with a bunch of Ohio State, Bama, and Tenn Fans and they all make fun of the big east and hate on UC. the big east is falling apart i want uc out to but the big 12 wont take them but will take UL and cincy to dumb to go to the acc so.... im very protective because cincy is the Best TEAM in the big east now. so making fun of the big east is like making fun of Cincy and i guess......... UL(die). rutgers is well there good sometimes....
      Navy? really why won't air force join they backed out?
      ( i have nothing to do to day i can't find my car keys!)
      Little Steve -
      Will you still get their top 10 school choices for recuiting at the start of the year or do you just jump in to it blind? cause that will be really hard. has anyone ever got a 5 star with a 3 star school or lower is it possible?
      JeffHCross -
      Will you still get their top 10 school choices for recuiting at the start of the year or do you just jump in to it blind?
      Based on how it was described in the blogs, I think you still get the top X for each player, they just don't always have a full top 10.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      has anyone ever got a 5 star with a 3 star school or lower is it possible?
      i landed a 5* athlete as an OC with , in the first season of this site's 360 od.
      JBHuskers -
      Will you still get their top 10 school choices for recuiting at the start of the year or do you just jump in to it blind? cause that will be really hard. has anyone ever got a 5 star with a 3 star school or lower is it possible?
      I got one with a 1-star school. Got it this year with Army. At most they were a 2-star.
      WolverineJay -
      I have a question about scouting prospects for any of the CD guys that got to play around with it. Can you continue to scout players even after they have committed? Or is scouting players only allowed while a player is being actively recruited (no hard commit)?

In NCAA 12 I seem to get a good amount of instant commits during weeks 1 and 2 so I would like to keep scouting a player even after he has given his early hard commitment to my school. Mostly In order to see his true key attributes that I'm looking for and see if they are what I want if not I can go get somebody else on my board that has possibly better ratings in my key areas. I'm guessing the answer is no so I'm SOL if my week 1 4* instant commit WR with A Spd, B rated CTH, and B rated RR turns out to be only 85 Spd 70 Cth and 68 RR. If the answer is no (90% sure) then it looks like I'll probably hold off on offering scholarships till after I got each of my guys scouted a good amount I'm guessing probably after weeks 4 or 5. That also reminds me of another couple questions for anyone with experience scouting players in NCAA 13, how long does it take to scout a player to 100%? And a 100% scouted player has all his relevant attributes revealed right?
      gschwendt -
      I'm not sure whether you can scout after he's signed... I want to say yes but I'm not certain at all.

As for scouting, it depends on the player. Most positional players, if you give him 60 minutes of scouting per week, most if not all attributes will be unlocked in just a couple of weeks. So if you scout him during the preseason and in Week 1, you could unlock all of his attributes and still sign him Week 1. However, ATHs will require longer as you see just about every attribute (yes, you do now see THP AND THA).
      WolverineJay -
      Thanks gschwendt. I hope it is possible to keep scouting them since I routinely shuffle my recruiting board during the season. Heck usually only about 1/3 of my original board is there by week 10, lol. I know the pre-season board is going to be even bigger this year since you get 20 hours to scout compared to like 3 or 5 in-season. I like the ability to jump into guys top 10 and those are the guys I probably will be scouting each week as the season hits the later weeks (10-15) but I'm going to make sure I scout a player prior to offering a scholarship.

Is there anything hidden in the scouting feature? I mean in recruiting we get a hidden advisor who helps unlock pitches, finds hidden interest guys, gives heads up on instant commits, and the all important 2x recruiting points multiplier. I would think having a scouting advisor would possibly be in there as well to help give you some in depth bonuses like unlock an extra attribute on 3 guys, finds out if 1 guy on my board is a gem or a bust, and maybe bonus hour of scouting during the season.
      Rudy -
      I think scouting will let us allocate our recruiting point easier. On positions of need I will over recruit just hoping to get one of them. But if I can scout a position better I can go balls out on the one I really want. In the end it may save me some recruiting time when I can't decide which player to go after.
      jaymo76 -
      I am loooking forward to scouting this year primarily because after all of these years I think I am going to change my base D from 4-3 to 4-2-5. I am going to need some pretty amazing DB's.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      when scouting with a smaller school, are you able to unlock the same amount of ratings as what you'd be able to if you were a larger school?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      when scouting with a smaller school, are you able to unlock the same amount of ratings as what you'd be able to if you were a larger school?
      To my knowledge, yes. I don't believe any ratings (school nor coach) effect how many attributes are unlocked... I believe it's essentially at random (60 minutes might get anywhere from 5-7 or something).
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      To my knowledge, yes. I don't believe any ratings (school nor coach) effect how many attributes are unlocked... I believe it's essentially at random (60 minutes might get anywhere from 5-7 or something).
      meh....i'm not entirely in favor of that, if it is accurate. but oh well. *sigh*
      Hustleman -
      Question since we have multi-position athletes will we be able to create an athlete and add them to the recruiting database??
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hustleman View Post
      Question since we have multi-position athletes will we be able to create an athlete and add them to the recruiting database??
      I didn't test that out but my speculation would be that it would be the same as it has in the past.

BTW, no need to start a new thread or post in multiple places to ask your questions. If you post it on the site, we'll get to them eventually.
      illwill10 -
      How do you feel about the gem and busts in recruiting? Are there too much, too little, or just about right?
      So far it is my favorite improvement along with playstyle pitch
      ryby6969 -
      One thing I forgot to ask, has the top 100 in recruiting been reworked? What I mean is, in the dynasty I am simming for the Player Tracker thread, this newest season there were maybe 25 defensive players total in the top 100, compared to at least that many of just WR's. It really seems unbalanced. There were NO tackles, only like 4 guards and 2 centers in there also.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
      One thing I forgot to ask, has the top 100 in recruiting been reworked? What I mean is, in the dynasty I am simming for the Player Tracker thread, this newest season there were maybe 25 defensive players total in the top 100, compared to at least that many of just WR's. It really seems unbalanced. There were NO tackles, only like 4 guards and 2 centers in there also.

kinda goes along with all of the tables i made of the recruiting database in the recruiting thread. there are WAY TOO MANY wide receivers and runningbacks generated every year.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
      Completely agree and can't stress this enough. I'd really like to see more balance here.