• NCAA Football 13 - Dynasty Mode Improvements

The NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Improvements have been revealed. Continue on to read the official blogs, view the Dynasty Mode trailer video, see the full list of improvements, and more.

Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Blogs:

Media Articles

NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Improvements
    • Dynamic Pitches - Some pitches change on a weekly basis. (New pitch: Playing Style, based upon stats and on-field performance.)
    • Scouting - Actual ratings and overall revealed via scouting
    • Breaking into Top Ten - If other schools do not show interest, team can move onto board. Prospects start with fewer teams on board. Any team has a chance at every recruit.
    • Triple Threat Athletes
    • Phone Call
    • Search Improvements - Faster & optimized
    • New "My School" Screen - Showing current recruiting pitch ratings
    • Changes to Player Transfers - New reasons for leaving: Playing Time, Broken Promises, Coach Leaving, Homesick. Try and keep players from leaving by offering recruits. Broken promises can hurt Coach Prestige. Improved transfer logic and number of transfers.
    • Website Improvements: New Scouting on the Web, Complete offseason and preseason on the web
    • Online Dynasty Live Dashboard: Serverside ability to identify, address, and prevent Transfer Failed issues
    • ESPN Bottom Line Ticker (Priority Alerts, Upset Alerts, Final Alerts): Games happen in real-time, upcoming game preview
    • ESPN Studio Updates: Live updates in all four quarters, updates will show one to four games. Will highlight: General & Top 25, Upset alerts, BCS updates, big days for players. Hosted by ESPN's Rece Davis.
    • New game open will feature "live look-in" from Rece in-studio and then sending it out to Kirk and Brad.
    • Nessler will give 'game impact' discussion based on Studio Update from Rece

Archived Webcast:
    easports on livestream.com. Broadcast Live Free
    Comments 389 Comments
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      When I looked at things in April, it seemed like the bust overlay was removed (I believe CDJ saw it in March). I only saw gems. Tommy, did you see a bust overlay on the player card?
      Yeah... I believe that was still there. It's only on ones that have +/- 6 or more though.
      JoeyJojoShabadoo -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      Yeah, just to clarify CDJ's post a bit... When you click to play your game, it will sim all of the games that happen before your game and those that will happen at the same time as your game. It will not reveal these results to you until you are in game (through the studio updates and ticker). So the game will know the results ahead of time but will reveal them to you as if they are happening during your game.
      holy cow this is horrible? so it's no longer possible to simulate individual games?
      WipeOut464 -
      Did any of the Gamechanger guys find out if the Tendency Bug with new recruits got fixed? I was hoping they'd address it in today's webcast, but it wasn't mentioned.
      JoeyJojoShabadoo -
      not going to lie, i'm pretty disappointed, a lot of fluff, and it's nice that they're getting rid of the roulette wheel they were so proud of just two years ago. The changes to team ratings is fantastic

but

no spring games
      unable to add teams to dynasty (add, not replace)
      no 85 man rosters (please don't talk about disc space that has nothing to do with it)
      presumably not talk about conferences, so you're still stuck with 8 rival game schedule or 9 non rival schedule
      no changes to coach carousel
      can't edit bowl tie-ins
      no neutral site games
      no online recruit editor

EA Sports, if it's in the game, it's kinda sorta in the game, but hey Rece Davis!
      souljahbill -
      I've never been good at passing in NCAA so my offensive philosophy has always been run first. NCAA 12 was the first time I ever used option plays (out of the Pistol) and while I wasn't great at it, when I did get option plays to work and made the right reads, it was a thing of beauty. It's exciting that when looking for a QB in NCAA 13, I can either look for a scrambling QB or an ATH who can throw.
      Deuce -
      Yeah this is the case because if you're a small school with low ratings, you're not going to earn many points. That's where carefully selecting promises is going to be big because that is where your biggest points are going to lie in a call.

For example the pitch is a D+ and they have a low interest in that pitch, you're going to only get points in the single digit range, or even negative.
      I really love the changes. Any change would have been nice...recruiting had gotten so stale. I felt like I could recruit with no thought or plan. I feel having a strategy is going to be a must to get a decent class if you're starting out as a 1star team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      I've never been good at passing in NCAA so my offensive philosophy has always been run first. NCAA 12 was the first time I ever used option plays (out of the Pistol) and while I wasn't great at it, when I did get option plays to work and made the right reads, it was a thing of beauty. It's exciting that when looking for a QB in NCAA 13, I can either look for a scrambling QB or an ATH who can throw.
      On top of that, the animations and everything will be sped up to where the option should work a lot better than it did in 12. I could not get the option to work whatsoever in 12 because the QB is so slow out of the gate.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
      I really love the changes. Any change would have been nice...recruiting had gotten so stale. I felt like I could recruit with no thought or plan. I feel having a strategy is going to be a must to get a decent class if you're starting out as a 1star team.

Yeah the changes are nice. Hopefully once retail hits the menus and etc are slick so we can navigate through a lot better than we could in 12 because it will take you a little longer to recruit I think for 13.
      souljahbill -
      I know it's been talked about before and I agree with the guys who say that we don't need a spring game and that what we REALLY need is a better practice mode. If we could set up an intersquad scrimmage/game within practice mode, that would be a lot better then playing a game with a squad that doesn't include all your new recruits.
      JBHuskers -
      I know it's been talked about before and I agree with the guys who say that we don't need a spring game and that what we REALLY need is a better practice mode. If we could set up an intersquad scrimmage/game within practice mode, that would be a lot better then playing a game with a squad that doesn't include all your new recruits.
      Though some people don't see the need for it, it's still a feature that we would like to see in the game, and definitely want to push for changes.
      Deuce -
      Yeah the changes are nice. Hopefully once retail hits the menus and etc are slick so we can navigate through a lot better than we could in 12 because it will take you a little longer to recruit I think for 13.
      Ya, recruiting in 12 was a pain. I just rushed through it to get to my game b/c no thought was needed. I don't mind spending extra time to recruit if I feel it makes a difference.

JBHuskers -
      Ya, recruiting in 12 was a pain. I just rushed through it to get to my game b/c no thought was needed. I don't mind spending extra time to recruit if I feel it makes a difference.

Yeah, you may feel the same way in 13. CDJ shared the same sentiment that it is kind of cumbersome still this year. The changes are great, but the navigation still needs work.
      souljahbill -
      Though some people don't see the need for it, it's still a feature that we would like to see in the game, and definitely want to push for changes.
      I'm not against it. If it's there, I'll take it. Its just without your recruits in the mix, it's not a true reflection of your upcoming team and everyone's actually better off playing a "spring game" in the fall in practice mode before game 1 with some type of "scrimmage mode" or something.
      cdj -
      Yeah, you may feel the same way in 13. CDJ shared the same sentiment that it is kind of cumbersome still this year. The changes are great, but the navigation still needs work.
      It improved quite a bit between January and the two March events (based largely on natural development and some from feedback), so I'm anxious to see the final version and what the community thinks.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      It improved quite a bit between January and the two March events (based largely on natural development and some from feedback), so I'm anxious to see the final version and what the community thinks.
      As long as the menu lag would get fixed, that would go a LONG ways to making things more efficient.
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I would like it to be user friendly but more than anything I just want recruiting to be different. Im ok if the menus are a little cumbersome as long as recruiting is fun and a challenge. ...and I think it will be.

JBHuskers -
      I would like it to be user friendly but more than anything I just want recruiting to be different. Im ok if the menus are a little cumbersome as long as recruiting is fun and a challenge. ...and I think it will be.

Different it will be.
      Deuce -
      Will the in game updates and pre game intro's work the same for TB teams? Wanna make sure my TB dynasty gets some love.

souljahbill -
      When scouting, what unlocks is random, correct or can we choose what we want to see unlocked?
      JBHuskers -
      When scouting, what unlocks is random, correct or can we choose what we want to see unlocked?
      It's random.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2