• NCAA Football 13 - Dynasty Mode Improvements

The NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Improvements have been revealed. Continue on to read the official blogs, view the Dynasty Mode trailer video, see the full list of improvements, and more.

Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Blogs:

Media Articles

NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Improvements
    • Dynamic Pitches - Some pitches change on a weekly basis. (New pitch: Playing Style, based upon stats and on-field performance.)
    • Scouting - Actual ratings and overall revealed via scouting
    • Breaking into Top Ten - If other schools do not show interest, team can move onto board. Prospects start with fewer teams on board. Any team has a chance at every recruit.
    • Triple Threat Athletes
    • Phone Call
    • Search Improvements - Faster & optimized
    • New "My School" Screen - Showing current recruiting pitch ratings
    • Changes to Player Transfers - New reasons for leaving: Playing Time, Broken Promises, Coach Leaving, Homesick. Try and keep players from leaving by offering recruits. Broken promises can hurt Coach Prestige. Improved transfer logic and number of transfers.
    • Website Improvements: New Scouting on the Web, Complete offseason and preseason on the web
    • Online Dynasty Live Dashboard: Serverside ability to identify, address, and prevent Transfer Failed issues
    • ESPN Bottom Line Ticker (Priority Alerts, Upset Alerts, Final Alerts): Games happen in real-time, upcoming game preview
    • ESPN Studio Updates: Live updates in all four quarters, updates will show one to four games. Will highlight: General & Top 25, Upset alerts, BCS updates, big days for players. Hosted by ESPN's Rece Davis.
    • New game open will feature "live look-in" from Rece in-studio and then sending it out to Kirk and Brad.
    • Nessler will give 'game impact' discussion based on Studio Update from Rece

Archived Webcast:
    easports on livestream.com. Broadcast Live Free
    Comments 389 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
      Will the in game updates and pre game intro's work the same for TB teams? Wanna make sure my TB dynasty gets some love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That I'm not 100% sure of.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
      FoleyLions -
      LOL FAIL!!!!

From youtube:

"Tweet This: http://bit.ly/JQSMXN
      Dynasty Blog: http://bit.ly/HPbNZ0
      Check out this 1:30 hour live webcast where we showcase the new details in NCAA Football 13's Dynasty with a few huge announcements. This is a must watch for any dedicated NCAA Football fan."

Only 19 mins . Wow you would think someone would spot that, just wow. And the running loop of the last 19min on livestream is just hilarious.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by FoleyLions View Post
      LOL FAIL!!!!

From youtube:

"Tweet This: http://bit.ly/JQSMXN
      Dynasty Blog: http://bit.ly/HPbNZ0
      Check out this 1:30 hour live webcast where we showcase the new details in NCAA Football 13's Dynasty with a few huge announcements. This is a must watch for any dedicated NCAA Football fan."

Only 19 mins . Wow you would think someone would spot that, just wow. And the running loop of the last 19min on livestream is just hilarious.
      That was already commented on earlier. They had technical difficulties during the webcast due to storms. So the replay (which is probably automatically posted from Livestream) isn't in full currently.
      FoleyLions -
      Still have to admit its pretty damn funny I need more
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      That I'm not 100% sure of.

I'm hoping/assuming it would just be generic for the pregame but I would think the in game updates would at least have the logos. I can deal if the commentary is generic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      jaymo76 -
      At the risk of sounding unpopular, I am actually a little dissapointed with dynasty. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the in-game updates and the studio analyst info. We already knew scouting was in and in truth on that I am pretty much indefferent. Where I am most dissapointed is no updates/additions to coaching carousel, no FCS teams or import FCS teams into teambuilder, no spring game, no ingame saves or continue dynasty, and no feature such as a weekly wrap-up show. The stuff added will surely improve the game. I guess I just was hoping for a little more. Regardless, bring on July!
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      At the risk of sounding unpopular, I am actually a little dissapointed with dynasty. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the in-game updates and the studio analyst info. We already knew scouting was in and in truth on that I am pretty much indefferent. Where I am most dissapointed is no updates/additions to couaching carousel, no FCS teams or import FCS teams into teambuilder, no spring game, no ingame saves or continue dynasty, and no feature such as a weekly wrap-up show. The stuff added will surely improve the game. I guess I just was hoping for a little more. Regardless, bring on July!
      It's definitely not out of line for these, as they're items we'd all like to see.

Tarhead10 -
      Good to see some nice new additions, especially the live break-ins during the game with Rece, thats sweet!!!... However I hope they will start showing some videos showcasing the improvements as we have now had 3 playbooks and nothing really in between...
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by WipeOut464 View Post
      Did any of the Gamechanger guys find out if the Tendency Bug with new recruits got fixed? I was hoping they'd address it in today's webcast, but it wasn't mentioned.
      I believe it's fixed but can you give more details as to how the bug is triggered? I know a little about it but I'm not certain I know all.

To test it, I signed a blocking FB. Then during the next preseason, I edited his STR rating, his first name, and his visor and then saved changes. After saving, his tendency remained a Blocking FB.

If I tested this incorrectly, let me know any further details so I can make sure we're talking about the same thing.
      beartide06 -
      Hey Tommy, I have a few quick questions in reference to game play, but it does have to do with dynasty in a sense. While you were down at Tiburon, how did the Heisman difficulty play while you were down there? Did it seem that the CPU actually played you tough, since the leaping LB's and psychic DB's are not in and passing trajectories are in? Also, what were some of your scores in games and what were the quarter lengths. Did you guys get to test and see how well recruiting difficulty is? Finally, did you get to test out different difficulty levels to see how they played compared to each other?
      JeffHCross -
      Thanks to G, CDJ, JB, Kwizzy and everybody else for the great discussion about the webcast. Since the "technical difficulties" have temporarily killed the re-broadcast, this thread was very helpful in telling me what I missed

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I've already given him a full list of bugs, issues, & feature requests from the current site so the bugs & issues should be fixed for launch and he was definitely receptive to feature ideas. He's not ever had a direct pipeline to the community so it will be a big help going forward.
      The restoration of being able to export every team would be huge for me. The addition of height/weight to the Roster export would be an added bonus.
      JBHuskers -
      Anytime man!
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      Hey Tommy, I have a few quick questions in reference to game play, but it does have to do with dynasty in a sense. While you were down at Tiburon, how did the Heisman difficulty play while you were down there? Did it seem that the CPU actually played you tough, since the leaping LB's and psychic DB's are not in and passing trajectories are in? Also, what were some of your scores in games and what were the quarter lengths. Did you guys get to test and see how well recruiting difficulty is? Finally, did you get to test out different difficulty levels to see how they played compared to each other?
      This ^^^ I too am interested in knowing the answers to these questions...
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      In addition to the roulette wheel gone and the changes to the recruiting system, I also love that finally, we can take leaps on recruits who don't have us in their top 10 to start the season and try to legitimately recruit our way onto their list and gain their interest while those top programs that don't even spend 10 minutes on them all fall off the list as that recruits loses interest in those programs since they aren't showing any interest in him.
      this wasnt that hard to begin with. you just had to pay attention to who you tried it on. in this site's 360 od, which we started as 1* coordinators, i've signed, i think, 5 5* recruits through 3 1/2 seasons, not to mention numerous 4*'s. even as the OC for 1* utah state, i was able to land a 5* and a couple 4*'s. there are a couple indicators that'll point out who's top 10 you'll be able to crack and who's you wont.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      Sorry to say but I didn't spend anytime with Heisman difficulty. I play on AA so I stuck to that. That said, the CPU was too easy in several of my games and I certainly noted it. I think it had to be a bug with CPU playcalling or something because it was far too easy.

I didn't spend much time doing any recruiting in dynasty so no clue on that, particularly on different difficulty levels.

For user vs user games, we were playing on all-american 5 minute quarters and were seeing a wide variety of scores. In one of my games, the final was something like 37-34 whereas in another game, it ended 9-6 I believe.
      JBHuskers -
      One thing to note on recruiting. You can reorder your board like always, but beginning with 13, the order doesn't have any bearing like it did in the past.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      One thing to note on recruiting. You can reorder your board like always, but beginning with 13, the order doesn't have any bearing like it did in the past.
      what if you have 3 qb's on your board? does the #3 qb know he's the third option or does he think he's the coach's first choice for the position?
      Daywalker86 -
      I really like this. It makes it a lot easier to target positions without neglecting others. I HATE stacking the top with a given position liiiiike the ole MLB....and other needs suffering a great deal because of being lower on the board.
      beartide06 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Sorry to say but I didn't spend anytime with Heisman difficulty. I play on AA so I stuck to that. That said, the CPU was too easy in several of my games and I certainly noted it. I think it had to be a bug with CPU playcalling or something because it was far too easy.

I didn't spend much time doing any recruiting in dynasty so no clue on that, particularly on different difficulty levels.

For user vs user games, we were playing on all-american 5 minute quarters and were seeing a wide variety of scores. In one of my games, the final was something like 37-34 whereas in another game, it ended 9-6 I believe.
      Hmm that is interesting. It does worry me a bit. Did you let the developers know about that? User vs user games with scores like that does not surprise me because the user is going to generally be more intelligent. My fear is that the game will be too easy against the CPU. I surely hope that Heisman is a big step up from AA. Were you playing with default sliders by chance? Thanks for the replies by the way. I appreciate all of the CD guys efforts, and hard work working with EA. If any other CD guys have some input on these topics, they are welcome to chime in!
      drlw322 -
      Love the interaction between the community leaders and community on here. It's 1st class. Just a quick question that's kinda off base. If you can tell me, is the edit player screen the same or does it have different option this year. Such as different player editor letting you pick the player body type or secondary color for equipment.Also has the body proportion silder been fixed. Before it would be al messed up for differnt body types.