• NCAA Football 13 - Dynasty Mode Improvements

The NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Improvements have been revealed. Continue on to read the official blogs, view the Dynasty Mode trailer video, see the full list of improvements, and more.

Game days come to life with mid-game updates featuring a new studio analyst, plus enhanced commentary from NCAA Football veterans Kirk Herbstreit and Brad Nessler. Recruiting now goes deeper than ever with the addition of dynamic grades and the ability to scout players. Plus, there are even more ways to interact with your Dynasty from the web.

Blogs:

Media Articles

NCAA Football 13 Dynasty Mode Improvements
    • Dynamic Pitches - Some pitches change on a weekly basis. (New pitch: Playing Style, based upon stats and on-field performance.)
    • Scouting - Actual ratings and overall revealed via scouting
    • Breaking into Top Ten - If other schools do not show interest, team can move onto board. Prospects start with fewer teams on board. Any team has a chance at every recruit.
    • Triple Threat Athletes
    • Phone Call
    • Search Improvements - Faster & optimized
    • New "My School" Screen - Showing current recruiting pitch ratings
    • Changes to Player Transfers - New reasons for leaving: Playing Time, Broken Promises, Coach Leaving, Homesick. Try and keep players from leaving by offering recruits. Broken promises can hurt Coach Prestige. Improved transfer logic and number of transfers.
    • Website Improvements: New Scouting on the Web, Complete offseason and preseason on the web
    • Online Dynasty Live Dashboard: Serverside ability to identify, address, and prevent Transfer Failed issues
    • ESPN Bottom Line Ticker (Priority Alerts, Upset Alerts, Final Alerts): Games happen in real-time, upcoming game preview
    • ESPN Studio Updates: Live updates in all four quarters, updates will show one to four games. Will highlight: General & Top 25, Upset alerts, BCS updates, big days for players. Hosted by ESPN's Rece Davis.
    • New game open will feature "live look-in" from Rece in-studio and then sending it out to Kirk and Brad.
    • Nessler will give 'game impact' discussion based on Studio Update from Rece

Archived Webcast:
    easports on livestream.com. Broadcast Live Free
    Comments 389 Comments
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Lots of nice stuff but as many of you know, in-game saves is wishlist #1 for me. Can that be confirmed as not being in the game this year? Any insight if it will ever make it in?
      It's not in this year.

No idea if/when it would be added but I know that there's more request for it since apparently NBA 2K has it in (not sure how long they've had it). That said, I could see them adding a "bookmark" feature for online user OD games so that if you lose connection, you wouldn't have to restart... if they ever do that, then I would assume they could piggy-back it to give some kind of in-game save function as well. This post is 100% speculation though.
      gschwendt -
      Oh, another big thing is that with these new athletes, you'll definitely finally see the Cam Newtons and Denard Robinsons. You can definitely find a mix of explosive athletes that can also throw the ball. Should be very interesting combined with the new option attack.
      WolverineJay -
      gschwendt I know I have seen you mention that the Spread Option game has seen a very nice upgrade with faster option meshes and quicker QB's when they decide to keep it, but what if any changes were done to the quicksand effect when running QB Powers or Blasts or Draws from Shotgun 5WR sets?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
      gschwendt I know I have seen you mention that the Spread Option game has seen a very nice upgrade with faster option meshes and quicker QB's when they decide to keep it, but what if any changes were done to the quicksand effect when running QB Powers or Blasts or Draws from Shotgun 5WR sets?
      Yeah... those were quite a bit better. They sped-up pretty well all of those animations so you should be able to have a better running game attack with the QB. I didn't test out the Wildcat, but I imagine it will impact those plays as well.
      SmoothPancakes -
      In addition to the roulette wheel gone and the changes to the recruiting system, I also love that finally, we can take leaps on recruits who don't have us in their top 10 to start the season and try to legitimately recruit our way onto their list and gain their interest while those top programs that don't even spend 10 minutes on them all fall off the list as that recruits loses interest in those programs since they aren't showing any interest in him.
      WolverineJay -
      Thanks gschwendt that is very nice to hear since I always end up running a Dynasty with my 5WR Golden "O" offense and last year it was almost impossible to call any designed QB runs thanks to the slow-mo starts to QB run plays.
      WolverineJay -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      In addition to the roulette wheel gone and the changes to the recruiting system, I also love that finally, we can take leaps on recruits who don't have us in their top 10 to start the season and try to legitimately recruit our way onto their list and gain their interest while those top programs that don't even spend 10 minutes on them all fall off the list as that recruits loses interest in those programs since they aren't showing any interest in him.
      I completely agree. I called for something similar in my wish for sending out letters to gain interest in new recruits and this seems to be along the same line of thinking that I had with being able to pop into guys top 10. I never liked that the game decided all of the recruits' interest in my school.
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      An undersold aspect of this too should be increased CPU recruiting effectiveness. Now recruits will not sit around waiting for their top schools who aren't interested. They will start to pay more attention to the smaller schools that do have interest.
      gschwendt -
      Additionally, CPU chooses their targeted recruits more effectively. You should see less (possibly none) instances of the CPU having 8 QBs on their roster. Now they'll take into account needs for that season, recruits that really like them, and then will start looking at the junior class to determine needs for the future. That should be a big help in making sure that they build a solid roster so that when you take over for them in Year 5, you're not stuck with more QBs than total OL.
      FoleyLions -
      is it really only 19 minutes long??
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by FoleyLions View Post
      is it really only 19 minutes long??
      No... they had storms during the broadcast and for a brief period it was cut-out. You're probably only seeing the last portion of the broadcast. In all, it was around 1.5 hours or so.

I sent a note to the guy that produces these segments to give him a heads up. Hopefully they'll upload the full thing.
      FoleyLions -
      is there anywhere to see a replay of the show, the livestream plays the last 19 mins over and over agian and on youtube its only the last 19 mins.
      morsdraconis -
      Could I get a link to the archive for this? The link in the main post doesn't appear to have the video in the archive (or, at least, I'm an idiot and don't see it)?
      FoleyLions -
      http://www.livestream.com/easports at the bottom is the archive but it isnt archived yet
      NatureBoy -
      I'm very excited on the things I saw today. Can't wait to fire this thing up on the 360.
      gschwendt -
      Going back through the thread, I saw discussion on whether or not you have to scout players. You don't have to scout players yourself, however like recruiting, if you have time remaining in your scouting bucket, the CPU will use it for you to scout the players on your board. So far as I'm aware, there's not a way to turn off the scouting function but I could be mistaken.
      souljahbill -
      So is it too late to get EA to change gem/bust to under/overrated?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Probably... we gave that suggestion in April but it didn't sound like it would be changed.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
      That's really good to hear. Is it fair to say that this will make recruiting tougher for 1star teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      It absolutely should. I didn't get to dig in very deep with the Dynasty stuff but based on what I saw, it definitely should be tough if you're going up against one of the big boys.
      Yeah this is the case because if you're a small school with low ratings, you're not going to earn many points. That's where carefully selecting promises is going to be big because that is where your biggest points are going to lie in a call.

For example the pitch is a D+ and they have a low interest in that pitch, you're going to only get points in the single digit range, or even negative.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      When I looked at things in April, it seemed like the bust overlay was removed (I believe CDJ saw it in March). I only saw gems. Tommy, did you see a bust overlay on the player card?