• NCAA Football 13: Sights and Sounds Webcast on April 2

As we previously reported, Monday, April 2nd, the first details of NCAA Football 13 will be posted by EA SPORTS on their website. Today on the NCAA Football series' Facebook page, we learned that they'll actually be delivering that information via webcast on their site. The webcast will begin at 2pm ET and is expected to last for an hour. No other details are available at this time but we'll be sure to update you as we learn anything further. As well, after that webcast, those of us who were able to attend some of the community events will be able to share whatever details we can regarding the discussed changes for Sights and Sounds. What is your biggest priority for sights and sounds in NCAA 13?
    Comments 177 Comments
      ram29jackson -
      when they show that minute long teaser video..its hard to see in the little game play clips,anything different or significant to me ?
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      I choose not to to read into it. Gameplay is on the 17th, I can wait 2 weeks for it. I liked what I saw. Hope the game can really look different & fresh every time I turn it on. Interested to see how the new commentary system will sound in its' first installment.
      razorback44 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I've put out feelers to find out whether we can discuss what new teams would be included in the game. Likely won't hear back tonight but whenever I do I'll be sure to share.
      For sure South Alabama, UTSA, Texas State and UMass have to be in the game right or else it would be an epic fail on EA's part since they will be in the WAC and MAC next season.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      I choose not to to read into it. Gameplay is on the 17th, I can wait 2 weeks for it. I liked what I saw. Hope the game can really look different & fresh every time I turn it on. Interested to see how the new commentary system will sound in its' first installment.
      I think that is the fun part to me Hit, just hearing how they are using other resources like JeffH was talking about and taking advantage of those resources and moving forward from here can only mean good things for all games to be honest.

The new sounds, the new commentary, the new crowd noise all of this is very welcomed. Even though this will be in it's infancy this year I think from what I have heard during this video I'm going to really enjoy it.
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
      For sure South Alabama, UTSA, Texas State and UMass have to be in the game right or else it would be an epic fail on EA's part since they will be in the WAC and MAC next season.
      It is my understanding that they will go through a 1 year "probationary" period where they won't be eligible for any Conference Championships or Bowl Games, then they'll be "full" members and able to play in any CC or Bowl Games. And for what it's worth, will be in the Sun Belt, not the WAC or MAC. But yes, I agree, they should be in the game. And if you read between the lines, what gschwendt said, it sounds like there will be at least some, if not all 4, of those teams in the game this year.
      razorback44 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      It is my understanding that they will go through a 1 year "probationary" period where they won't be eligible for any Conference Championships or Bowl Games, then they'll be "full" members and able to play in any CC or Bowl Games. And for what it's worth, will be in the Sun Belt, not the WAC or MAC. But yes, I agree, they should be in the game. And if you read between the lines, what gschwendt said, it sounds like there will be at least some, if not all 4, of those teams in the game this year.
      Sorry, meant to include Sun Belt as well. Even if they aren't eligible to win the conference they will still be in the actual conferences next year so therefore all 4 should be in the game.

Hell the WAC has to have them in the game or else they will only have 5 teams in their conference.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
      South Alabama isn't a full member in 2012, so I'm guessing they won't be in.
      beartide06 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      South Alabama isn't a full member in 2012, so I'm guessing they won't be in.
      However, they will be playing a FULL schedule AND be in the sun belt playing all of the teams just like a normal FBS team would. This is what makes me unsure if they will be in the game or not. If UMASS and the other teams are playing in FBS, I would think they would be under the same inaugurational period as South. If that's true, then South would be included I would think since UMASS is.
      VWEBBJR -
      I'm hoping that the CD can delve into more of the sights and sounds very soon.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      However, they will be playing a FULL schedule AND be in the sun belt playing all of the teams just like a normal FBS team would. This is what makes me unsure if they will be in the game or not. If UMASS and the other teams are playing in FBS, I would think they would be under the same inaugurational period as South. If that's true, then South should be included since UMASS is.
      Playing a full schedule and being a full member are two different things in the NCAA's eyes though.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by VWEBBJR View Post
      I'm hoping that the CD can delve into more of the sights and sounds very soon.
      By CD I assume you mean Community Day guys... Anything specific you're looking for? Really there's not too much to discuss for sights & sounds. The Commentary stuff wasn't in in January so no clue there from me but I'm not even sure if it ready the past couple of trips that were made. Aside from that, I think most other things were at least touched on but certainly let us know if you have any specific questions.
      gschwendt -
      Playing a full schedule and being a full member are two different things in the NCAA's eyes though.
      UMass, UTSA, & Texas State are all also provisional members. None of them are eligible for bowl games this upcoming season. In fact, UTSA plays 4 FCS games plus playing Texas State and South Alabama.
      beartide06 -
      Do you know if UMASS played a full conference schedule last year? If not, and this is their first year doing so, then I don't understand why they would add UMASS, but leave out South or others. I'm just trying to understand better. Maybe I'm missing some key points and/or rules.
      razorback44 -
      Looks like UMass isn't eligible for the MAC title next year either. I wonder if they can translate that to the game?

When will UMass be joining the Football Bowl Subdivision and the Mid-American Conference?

The University of Massachusetts football program is moving to the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) and will become a football member of the Mid-American Conference (MAC). UMass will play a full FBS and MAC schedule beginning with the 2012 football season. Starting in 2013, UMass will be eligible for the MAC Championship and bowl participation. In 2011 UMass will continue to participate in the CAA but will not be eligible for the conference championship or NCAA post-season play.
      JBHuskers -
      UMass, UTSA, & Texas State are all also provisional members. None of them are eligible for bowl games this upcoming season. In fact, UTSA plays 4 FCS games plus playing Texas State and South Alabama.
      Wonder how they'll handle it then.
      JBHuskers -
      Figured if they're not full fledged members, the CLC wouldn't allow them in the game, but with seeing UMASS, then that isn't the case apparantly.
      morsdraconis -
      Wonder how they'll handle it then.
      They probably won't be in the game.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't realize that it was already confirmed that they were in the game.
      beartide06 -
      This is why I was so curious because I thought they were all under the same rules to not be fully eligible this year for bowls and championships. I understood that the NCAA thinks a full schedule and full member are different, just unsure why they would add one and not the others. Just whenever you can clarify, that'll be great, gschwendt. If you can't anytime soon, that's fine, and of they aren't in, that's also fine. Just curious to see how they would handle this situation, and what determines if the teams get added to the game.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      i think they'll be in the game. even if you play as USC in ncaa12, you can still win the national championship and be ranked in your first season. the only thing that affected me in my USC dynasty, was the championship contender recruiting pitch was a D the first year.
      souljahbill -
      They ought to just throw all those new teams in the game, whether they are eligible for championships or not. They're going to be the worst rated teams anyway and unless you user control those teams, won't win any bowls or championships in year 1, 2, 3, or ever in a 30 year dynasty anyway.