• What do you want to see in NCAA Football 13?

What features do you want to see in NCAA Football 13? Next month is the first NCAA Football Community Event with community members from The Gaming Tailgate, other community sites and members at large being brought in to help convey community requests for NCAA Football 13 and the franchise in general.

Before the event next month in beautiful Orlando, we want to hear more from you on what you want to see in the game. While we will be compiling info from your wish lists and the Community Wish List Tournament, we want to know your top requests in the following areas of focus:

• Top 10 issues that you have with Dynasty mode
    • Top 10 issues that you have with Road to Glory
    • Top 10 gameplay issues that drive you crazy
    • Top 10 presentation issues that you have
    • Top 10 items that you’d like to see in NCAA Football 13

Please list your top items for each game area and we will share it with the development team. Please be clear but concise in your requests and thoughts. Any off-topic posts will be deleted. Feel free to list any additional items/areas of focus as well.

Use this opportunity to your advantage and let your voice be heard in the development of NCAA Football 13!
    Comments 447 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      Yeah the data freeze is usually around the first week of April.
      ram29jackson -
      doesnt/shouldnt stop people from mentioning hopes and wants
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      doesnt/shouldnt stop people from mentioning hopes and wants
      As long as they realize it all would be for 14 and most likely none of it has a chance of getting in 13.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      As long as they realize it all would be for 14 and most likely none of it has a chance of getting in 13.
      But I always like those guys that show up for a few weeks, in mid-June, and beg EA to add stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      JerzeyReign -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      But I always like those guys that show up for a few weeks, in mid-June, and beg EA to add stuff.

<-- I'm that guy, lol jk. I complain/wish all year long
      JeffHCross -
      Something I meant to ask last year in Orlando (and this seems like as good a thread as any to ask it in) is how the mechanic of No-Huddle / Hurry-Up works when it comes to fatigue. When the new No-Huddle system was introduced, it was mentioned that teams that run No-Huddle all the time (Texas, Oklahoma, Oregon, etc) would have an advantage in terms of fatigue and being able to handle the No-Huddle without coming off the field. Whereas teams that didn't (Ohio State, etc) wouldn't have the stamina to run the No-Huddle all the time without shedding players.

Anyway, my question is, how does that work with Dynasty? Is it tied to the team's playbook, or the team themselves? If I change Oklahoma to a huddling, Triple Option offense, do they still get the fatigue benefit? If I change Ohio State to run Oklahoma's playbook, are they still treated as a Huddle team? Anyway, if anybody knows (or could pass the question along to Tiburon), I'd appreciate.

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
      <-- I'm that guy, lol jk. I complain/wish all year long
      Yeah, but you're consistent about it. It's the guys that show up when the game discs have already been printed, and are otherwise not heard from all year, that give us quite a laugh.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      i was playin madden 11 last night, in my offline franchise as the seahawks vs broncos, and on one play i got little timmy tebow to start scrambling out of the pocket. the funny thing was, he couldnt make up his mind whether he wanted to run upfield or pass the ball. you know what happened? he (cpu controlled) received an illegal forward pass penalty! this is madden11 for cryin out loud! why havent i ever seen this penalty in ncaa?
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      i was playin madden 11 last night, in my offline franchise as the seahawks vs broncos, and on one play i got little timmy tebow to start scrambling out of the pocket. the funny thing was, he couldnt make up his mind whether he wanted to run upfield or pass the ball. you know what happened? he (cpu controlled) received an illegal forward pass penalty! this is madden11 for cryin out loud! why havent i ever seen this penalty in ncaa?
      2k had offsetting penalties as well. The defense hardly gets penalized unless you abuse a gameplan.
      Kansacity88 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      A HB could go with 0 carries and then be in "Bad" condition the following week for no reason.
      OMG! LMAO! I remember that! I totally forgot about the randomness to Tecmo Bowl. Thats hilarious!
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kansacity88 View Post
      I totally forgot about the randomness to Tecmo Bowl. Thats hilarious!
      I didn't actually remember it at all (guess I didn't play as much season mode in Tecmo as I thought), but then when I got the PSN version last year, I noticed it really quickly. Drove me insane.
      jaymo76 -
      I'm not sure if it is an issue with my controller (which may be damaged...) or if it is an issue with the game. However, in NCAA 11 and NCAA 12, even though I have have PASS ASSIST turned off, on quick passes if I don't instantly take control of the QB, the cpu will throw the ball for me... often resulting in a terrible pass and/or an int. This is really frustrating to the point that it's a game killer. Last night was a prime example. I am #6 Cal playing versus #8 Oregon. I am up 13-0 and driving when the cpu throws 3 of 6 passes on my behalf. One is picked off for a pick six. I then start the second half with a similar result. My ability to win the game was greatly impacted because I literally was fearful to throw the ball. Well, long story short, I ran the ball 50+ times and pulled out the win. Had I lost I would be out of the NC race. Anyone else have this problem or is this a controller issue?
      JeffHCross -
      Is it always a pass to the same receiver? If you don't have Auto Pass turned on, it sounds like the controller.

EDIT: Especially if it's immediate. Auto Pass is supposed to give you some number of seconds, at least.
      steelerfan -
      If you don't have Auto Pass turned on, it sounds like the controller.
      That's my guess, too. I have never had that problem.

Maybe you can try controlling your QB's dropback with the left stick to alleviate the problem?

xMrHitStickx904 -
      Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
      yup, illegal forward pass, & late hits are in Madden. We addressed the reasons why NCAA doesn't have late hits, but the game definitely needs to have illegal forward pass. Offsetting penalties are needed. Same for a list of challenge-able plays, not just the obvious one (fumble, feet in bounds)
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      yup, illegal forward pass, & late hits are in Madden. We addressed the reasons why NCAA doesn't have late hits, but the game definitely needs to have illegal forward pass. Offsetting penalties are needed. Same for a list of challenge-able plays, not just the obvious one (fumble, feet in bounds)
      There are late hits in Madden? Really? Are you sure?

I OU a Beatn -
      Yeah, but you're consistent about it. It's the guys that show up when the game discs have already been printed, and are otherwise not heard from all year, that give us quite a laugh.
      They're probably a lot like me. I only post about the issues with the game from the time I've had a chance to play the demo until I'm done with the game, which has been August the past 4 years. I just don't see the point posting feedback and asking for fixes to the game when I know it's more than likely not going to happen. Case in point: the disconnection glitches and "goon kick." I mean, it's been in the game for 3 years and has been posted about numerous times for 3 years(I even sent them a video) and they still haven't fixed it, so what's the point of posting about it more? They obviously know by now that stuff like that exists.

I realize you're probably talking about people only posting on the site during the first few weeks, and while I do post all the time, I only visit the NCAA sections when I'm actually playing the game or there's news about actual game play. I used to post about NCAA year round and play it year round, but with all the other quality games that have come out, I just can't bring myself to play or talk about something that does nothing but disgust me.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      There are late hits in Madden? Really? Are you sure?

Yup. Definitely got called for one yesterday & in a tournament I played in during January. It's rare, it has to be on branching animations. In fact, Calvin Johnson shed a tackler & went out of bounds. Me, the user came through & cleaned him up with a hitstick, late hit called. So yes, it's in Madden 12. It was a bit too frequent in Madden 11. First introduced in Madden 10.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      Yup. Definitely got called for one yesterday & in a tournament I played in during January. It's rare, it has to be on branching animations. In fact, Calvin Johnson shed a tackler & went out of bounds. Me, the user came through & cleaned him up with a hitstick, late hit called. So yes, it's in Madden 12. It was a bit too frequent in Madden 11. First introduced in Madden 10.
      Hmm. I played less than 5 games on 10 and 11. But, I probably played 50 games on 12 and never saw it once. Of course, I've never seen an illegal forward pass on Madden, either.

Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      I just don't see the point posting feedback and asking for fixes to the game when I know it's more than likely not going to happen.
      I think this is true. The first few years on a console you hope to have certain things fixed thinking the development team just hasn't been able to correct things due to new hardware problems and a learning curve. So you wait and things don't get fixed. Then after 5-7 years you simply realize that the devs prioritize what they want and fix what they want. I personally think most problems are not related to hardware but rather design choices and vision. At this stage of the game if we aren't happy with where EA has taken NCAA Football then we won't be happy until the next consoles come out. I'm completely apathetic towards NCAA 13. Usually EA changes quite a bit when they go to new hardware and then just tweak for 10 years.
      oweb26 -
      If nothing else this time of year is the most entertaining on this board and pretty much any other sports video game board!