• NCAA Football 12 - Game Update #2 Details

EA SPORTS has posted a new blog detailing Game Update #2 for NCAA Football 12.

UPDATE - From the NCAA Football 12 Twitter account:

Title Update #2 Update: We have made it through internal certification and now we're waiting on approval from Sony/Microsoft. The update is hitting a bit later than expected because we addressed a few additional stability issues that will improve the experience.

Continue on to see the announced game update contents.

Hey everyone, Ben Haumiller here and I’m happy to officially announce the details on the second Title Update for NCAA Football 12. Unfortunately I can’t give an exact release date, but it currently looks like the Title Update will release before the end of this month. We’ll be sure to keep you posted on the Title Update availability here and on our social channels.

Before getting to the details of the update, I want to take a moment to thank you, the NCAA Football community, for all of your patience and assistance during the past couple of weeks. A great many of you share the same passion for this game as we do, and you did everything possible to help identify issues, and provide the necessary details - not just to help make a game better, but to make your game better. If you are reading this, you are a member of the most dedicated community in gaming, and for that we are truly grateful. Now, on to the details:

Week Advance Anywhere

As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.

Custom Playbooks

With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.

Tendencies

As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.

If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.

In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.

Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.

Freezes/Crashes

A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.

Gameplay

Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.

Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays

Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.

Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.

Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.

Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.

Highlights

Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
    Dynasty

Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.

Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.

Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.

Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.

Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).

Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.

Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.

Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.

When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.

Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
    RTG

Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

That concludes the list of updates that will be included in the second Title Update. Once again, thank you for your continued support, as well as your willingness to help make NCAA Football 12 the best it can be.
    Comments 268 Comments
      AustinWolv -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I may be about to join that club.
      For your health, do it.

AKA: Save your brain, i.e. you won't get dumber every time you read his posts.

morsdraconis -

Poor ram. Always gettin' picked on.

We love ya ram. Don't go away.

steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

Agreed.

Except maybe the "love" part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      Pig Bomb -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Agreed.

Except maybe the "love" part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      and the don't go away part
      MattUM2 -
      Well it looks like the Patch won't be out until Mid-September.
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by MattUM2 View Post
      Well it looks like the Patch won't be out until Mid-September.
      Source??

---
      - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      MattUM2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
      Source??

---
      The Ben Haumilton interview today on OS.

The host said, "I'm gonna say 28th."

Ben replied, "...well I would LOVE that, but I can't say either way."
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
      Source??
      Operation Sports is talking about some interview that Ben H. did today. He still had no patch date to provide. That's leading people to speculate that the patch hasn't been sent to Microsoft or Sony, which would put it in the early/mid-September time frame.

As far as I can tell, it's all speculation though.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Operation Sports is talking about some interview that Ben H. did today. He still had no patch date to provide. That's leading people to speculate that the patch hasn't been sent to Microsoft or Sony, which would put it in the early/mid-September time frame.

As far as I can tell, it's all speculation though.
      I listened to the podcast last night and didn't get the impression the patch hadn't been sent off yet. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't hear the same thing some at OS discussed. If they submitted it to MS/Sony, they won't have a date until MS/Sony give them one.
      Rudy -
      The thing that I don't understand is that Ben said he would LOVE for the patch to be out on August 28th. That doesn't make sense if EA submitted on August 2nd. Certification is 2-3 weeks and there is no way it would be released that late if EA had submitted it at that time. Ben should have said I expect it to be but you never know. I'm guessing EA submitted the patch on August 2nd to their own quality services team which then runs their own checks and submitted it to Sony/MS. Maybe there was a problem and a delay. I don't know. But if the patch was truly submitted to Sony/MS on August 2nd then the patch should be out very, very soon. Something isn't right about the August 2nd date.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      The thing that I don't understand is that Ben said he would LOVE for the patch to be out on August 28th. That doesn't make sense if EA submitted on August 2nd. Certification is 2-3 weeks and there is no way it would be released that late if EA had submitted it at that time. Ben should have said I expect it to be but you never know. I'm guessing EA submitted the patch on August 2nd to their own quality services team which then runs their own checks and submitted it to Sony/MS. Maybe there was a problem and a delay. I don't know. But if the patch was truly submitted to Sony/MS on August 2nd then the patch should be out very, very soon. Something isn't right about the August 2nd date.
      It wasn't ever officially stated that it was submitted on 8/2... that was our assumption due to past experience. However, like you said, that might have been the day that they submitted it for in-house testing. And who knows, maybe during that in-house testing the also corrected some other significant bugs and decided to roll them into the second patch rather than wait on them to be included in a subsequent patch.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      The thing that I don't understand is that Ben said he would LOVE for the patch to be out on August 28th.
      I would LOVE to get a job offer tomorrow, and even if I expect one I would still LOVE for it to actually happen.

It's possible that he meant something like that. Instead of the "I would love it, but it'll never happen" quote that the OS guys were interpreting.
      Pig Bomb -
      my interpretation was that Ben would love for it to happen but it's totally out of his hands at this point...the ball is in MS/Sony's court as they say
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
      my interpretation was that Ben would love for it to happen but it's totally out of his hands at this point...the ball is in MS/Sony's court as they say
      That was my interpretation as well. He would love it see it happen on the 28th, but that date would be up to MS and Sony and how long it'll take them with the certification process. I definitely didn't get a "we'd love to have it out by then, but it'll never happen because we haven't submitted the patch yet or the patch was just recently submitted" vibe like all the idiots over on OS are practically having seizures thinking and talking about.
      I OU a Beatn -
      This just proves you should never listen to anything said on OS.
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post

---
      jaymo76 -
      Either way, with the patch coming so late and Madden available on the 26th, NCAA will be forgotten by a portion of the gaming public. I am definitely in for Madden so I suspect that NCAA will be on the shelf until the fall.
      pantherone26 -
      pantherone26 -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      Jayrah -
      Officially this is ridiculous. Get the darn thing out already. The fact that "Sony/Ms" or who the F ever has to "approve" this crap and they take so long is pathetic.