• NCAA Football 12 - Game Update #2 Details

EA SPORTS has posted a new blog detailing Game Update #2 for NCAA Football 12.

UPDATE - From the NCAA Football 12 Twitter account:

Title Update #2 Update: We have made it through internal certification and now we're waiting on approval from Sony/Microsoft. The update is hitting a bit later than expected because we addressed a few additional stability issues that will improve the experience.

Continue on to see the announced game update contents.

Hey everyone, Ben Haumiller here and I’m happy to officially announce the details on the second Title Update for NCAA Football 12. Unfortunately I can’t give an exact release date, but it currently looks like the Title Update will release before the end of this month. We’ll be sure to keep you posted on the Title Update availability here and on our social channels.

Before getting to the details of the update, I want to take a moment to thank you, the NCAA Football community, for all of your patience and assistance during the past couple of weeks. A great many of you share the same passion for this game as we do, and you did everything possible to help identify issues, and provide the necessary details - not just to help make a game better, but to make your game better. If you are reading this, you are a member of the most dedicated community in gaming, and for that we are truly grateful. Now, on to the details:

Week Advance Anywhere

As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.

Custom Playbooks

With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.

Tendencies

As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.

If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.

In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.

Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.

Freezes/Crashes

A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.

Gameplay

Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.

Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays

Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.

Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.

Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.

Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.

Highlights

Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
    Dynasty

Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.

Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.

Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.

Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.

Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).

Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.

Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.

Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.

When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.

Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
    RTG

Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

That concludes the list of updates that will be included in the second Title Update. Once again, thank you for your continued support, as well as your willingness to help make NCAA Football 12 the best it can be.
    Comments 268 Comments
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      It was available right around the time the blog post went live, however they have since removed it, presumably because either it wasn't working as well as they thought or the instant demand was greater than they were comfortable with.

Either way, we'll let you know when we know it's back but for now, I wouldn't wait for it to return and instead just advance from the console.

Now that's funny right there.

Is it not strange they prior to the game coming out they tell you about all these features that will be new or better than last year's version? Then when the game comes out, they aren't all there, or there are missing parts...and patches come out....why in the heck do they continue on this path? They say there is a way to advance online but then remove it b/c they didn't expect people to use it?

"ladies an gentlemen, here is our new car....it has A/C....oh by the way it doesn't work b/c we didn't think you'd ACUTALLY use it"

I'll be honest, I'm one of the dumb ones, not sure if that's the correct term. I love NCAA football, I play EA's version b/c it's the only NCAA football game I can find. So for me to stop spending my money on their product, well that's just a silly thing to say. It's not like there is an alternative out there.

I also must laugh, when they say the patch will come out by the end of the month. Once again, I know deadlines are hard to stick to, but I think it would restore a lot of confidence in users if you would give a firm date. If you realistically sit down in your meetings with all these game people at EA, can't they all come up with a date, even if it's not in August. I'm sure there is a lot of pressure to get it out before Madden comes out, but the people that really play NCAA over Madden (me for 1) don't give a stink about Madden's release date. So I can wait for the update, I just find it funny...it seems like they are putting themselves behind the eight-ball again by saying, "by the end of the monty"...that sounds like a producer somewhere pushing too hard and fast...and it leads to the update coming out and things not being fixed and they will say, "well we were rushed to get it out." Take your time, get it right. I understand there is a CUT OFF point where you start working on NCAA 13, so draw a hard line in the sand and decide what will and won't be fixed, then sit down and fix it. Why release 10 patches when 1 will do?

On a side note, can you release a patch so I can win more? JUST KIDDING!

I'm glad for all they (EA) does. This game is a nice stress reliever for me. I enjoy playing it, I think some get too uptight, in the end it's only a video game. I just wish they (EA) decided who they were going to listen to, the serious never pleasable forum users, or something alittle more middle of the road. I know you can't please everyone, it just isn't clear who they are listening to and which direction they are taking to address these wide range of concerns.

I've watched some of those 'making-of' videos on ESPN, it seems like there are a lot of people involved and basically like any HUGE company too many hands in the pie. I understand the game, disk space, PS3, XBOX 360, graphics cards, processors, etc... all factor in on what can and cannot be done but it seems like there needs to be more of a structure on what is the general idea here.

Is it overall graphics, the look of the game?

The sounds?

The gameplay? Inside of this, is that OD, RTG, etc....?

There are so many different ways to mold and shape the game but they (EA) is limited on Disk Space, server space, Game console performance...it seems like they are attempting to max out every possible venue (graphics, sound, etc...) and the risk of not having other aspects tested and fully functioning...i.e. game freezing, injuries not carrying over...etc...I know a lot of these have been re-worked with the up coming patch, but my question is, why weren't they tested or resolved prior to the game coming out?

In my opinion, and I've yet to see this grass issue some have been reporting, but I'd rather play on a field that is missing grass, maybe it could be dirt like the school has a bad grounds crew....I'd rather have that then actual gameplay issues that affect the long term playability of the game. To me, one of the big difference between this and older version, like nintendo is the ability to play multiple games, seasons...not just 1 game and done. When OD's freeze, or the game just stops loading, well that seems to be a bigger issue to me than how the grass looks.

"hey look at these stadiums signs Jim, don't they look sweet?"...."yeah, they look cool on your super computer that you draft them up on, the only problem is, my PS3 doesn't quite have the super processor/graphics of your 2011 PC, to be honest...I'd like to play some football, not look at signs".

One thing I will say, the is one re-occuring theme with EA. They have been a great video game company and they have giving us great games to play over the years. That being said, there seems to be this unwritten rule, something about advertising a product but it's more like a tease. Describing new game features only to have some of them work properly is a strange way in my opinion to do things. Suggesting games, like EA's Tennis game, (Grand Slam Tennis) they actually gave it release dates and all, then it just goes by the way side and no real reason is given. It seems like a waste of time and resources to put that many people to work on a product that isn't going to be sold to make revenue. I guess what I'm saying is, why advertise products and features only to release them 1/2 or not at all? Why go into great detail about this patch, yet not give a firm date, it's only going to beg the question of WHEN? Either way people are going to complain, I would say, "we are looking into your addressed and noted issues. IF we release a patch it will be when WE are ready and it will fix THE issues we want it to. "

OR you could not say anything, release a patch and THEN explain what the patch fixes.

Thanks for listening.
      Unconquered -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      Easiest way to speak your dissatisfaction for the game is by not buying it.
      You're missing the point: Let's say you buy a Ford and it's a lemon -- sure, you might say you'll never buy a Ford again, but in the meantime, you'll take it back to the dealer and get one that runs, right?

That's what I'm getting at. The biggest feature in NCAA 12 has a game-killing bug, to say nothing of the other bugs that are seriously hobbling what should be a great game.

So yes, maybe next year I'll skip NCAA 13, but in the meantime, the game I spent my hard-earned cash on should WORK.

I'm not trying to troll here, but I don't understand this EA apologist attitude. Some people here seem to suggest that the customers are at fault for buying a buggy game. Huh? I don't expect the game to be perfect, but these crippling bugs are getting to be ri-goddamn-diculous.
      Pig Bomb -
      Quote Originally Posted by griffin2608 View Post
      So you actually seen one of the new diving catch animations? Was the wr a highly rated wr? I have played a ton of games and my best wr that I have had in my dynasty was 94 and never did the animation trigger.
      I've seen a few cool diving catches.... this one was a cool one where my WR dove and dragged a foot to comlete the catch
      Pig Bomb -
      nevermind...
      AustinWolv -
      You're missing the point: Let's say you buy a Ford and it's a lemon -- sure, you might say you'll never buy a Ford again, but in the meantime, you'll take it back to the dealer and get one that runs, right?
      Interesting choice there..........my mom years ago got a Ford and it was a lemon with documented design problems. She did the research on it, pulled all the info together, and sent a packet explaining her problems with the car and copies of all the dealer service invoices, recalls, etc. They basically responded and told her too bad. She was stuck with that car. I ended up buying it when I turned old enough to drive and drove it for a couple years, eventually ditching it to drive a '77 Chevy pickup we had in the family instead which was much more dependable and lighter on my wallet.
      She hasn't bought a Ford since, and I have never and will never buy a Ford, based on the way they treated my mom.

So yes, money talks.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Is there a hall from Maitland to Vancouver?? Wow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Not literally right down the f'n hall, but you get the idea of what I mean, aka, they need to talk to the NHL team about how they handle and release tuning files.
      Quote Originally Posted by Whammer View Post
      Sorry, but they can't go down the hall. NHL is developed by EA Canada- the world leader in sports games. FIFA and NHL are miles ahead of Madden and NCAA. I wish EA would be smart enough to involve EA Canada into both their football titles.
      Read that then get back to me. Jesus Christ everyone takes everything f'n literally these days
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
      I've seen a few cool diving catches.... this one was a cool one where my WR dove and dragged a foot to comlete the catch
      I just played Virgina vs Miami and the Miami WR's made some prett cool catches. Now weren't diving, but they did make some nice 1-handed grabs, almost like they had SUPER STICKY gloves on. Looks cool anyways :-)
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Whammer View Post
      Sorry, but they can't go down the hall. NHL is developed by EA Canada- the world leader in sports games. FIFA and NHL are miles ahead of Madden and NCAA. I wish EA would be smart enough to involve EA Canada into both their football titles.
      Funny thing about EA Canada. They were also the team behind the following.

and that was lead by the guy who resurrected the NHL series.

NHL is amazing and FIFA is really good but far from perfect (there were 6 patches to the FIFA game last year).
      JBHuskers -
      Did I just see the line that said Canada should handle football?
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
      I'm not trying to troll here, but I don't understand this EA apologist attitude. Some people here seem to suggest that the customers are at fault for buying a buggy game..
      I follow these boards very closely and haven't seen anyone say it was your( or customers) fault you/they bought the game. What I have read is that if you are not satisfied with your purchase you should personally consider the pros and cons of such decision in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
      Huh? I don't expect the game to be perfect, but these crippling bugs are getting to be ri-goddamn-diculous.
      Well, together maybe we could just root that they get the core of the problems that are hurting this game figured out and the others patched and tuned to make this game even better for all to enjoy. TGT is well represented in this series and have passed on many issues to EA and continue to do so in hopes of getting things ironed out. Even if everything can't be fixed for 12, we as a community can continue to make an impact for future games and that is a win win for everyone involved.
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      In fairness they do make a pretty descent soccer (futbol) game. Canada is not exactly known for soccer. The Men's national team has been to a whooping one World Cup (1986) and still has not won a match in the tournament.
      Pig Bomb -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      In fairness they do make a pretty descent soccer (futbol) game. Canada is not exactly known for soccer. The Men's national team has been to a whooping one World Cup (1986) and still has not won a match in the tournament.
      Also--the staff working on the game are from all over the place and not just Canada...that's just where the studio happens to be
      GuyIncognito21 -
      The fact that they're in Canada is pretty irrelevant next to the fact that their games improve in tangible ways year over year. And their product couldn't possibly evince less of a love for the game of football than the current one, whether it's Canada's game or not.
      Bamafan3723 -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Can you provide more details?
      Copy and pasted this from OperationSports. It explains it. This happens everytime you make ANY changes in custom conferences and also if you import a TeamBuilder team into dynasty:

Whats the bug?

Split conferences are not scheduling games correctly. I didn't touch the Big Ten divisions, and some teams end up playing nine conference games. I created a two division Mountain West Conference with 6 teams in each division, protected rivals, and teams end up playing anywhere from 8 to 10 conference games.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....)

Dynasty.

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?

I created a custom conference with protected rivalries. Yes.

How often can the bug be reproduced?

Every season.

Do you have video or pictures?

Yes.

The scheduling bug in dynasty mode appears to worsen as the years go by. A couple of seasons later, Auburn plays 11 SEC regular season games, whereas the rest of their division plays 9 (they're all supposed to play 8). I've seen teams get screwed out a division title by going 8-0, and losing out to a team that went 9-1, even though the 8-0 team beat the 9-1 team. This is a huge bug IMO, and I'm surprised that more people haven't noticed it. At any rate, there is no excuse for EA not getting this bug resolved in the patch. Conference scheduling follows a very logical format, and it should not be that difficult to implement correctly.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

As far as the protected rivals not working goes, it's pretty simple. It doesn't matter if you have the protected rivals option turned on because the team you choose as your protected rival still rotates off your schedule, when in actuality they should always be on your schedule. EX: I imported my TeamBuilder Alabama team into dynasty, Tennessee is my protected rival, yet they rotate off the schedule in Year 2 of my dynasty.
      souljahbill -
      Is it sad that I'm intrigued by the fact that not only did Auburn go 11-0 in conference but they're also all 99's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      jwallace0317 -
      I'm generally pretty reasonable when it comes to criticizing EA...I take a shit on them when it's called for, but I'm not an extreme basher who's constantly griping, and I have no problem dishing out the compliment when things are done right (the gameplay this year is overall pretty great), but.....

The severe glitches related to the touted new features are so egregious this year. This custom conference scheduling issue is nuts....I mean, was that bug really so hard to catch pre-release? It's not something listed for patch #2, so it looks like it will have to be addressed in patch #3 (late September, maybe?). So, in summary, for NCAA 12 if you want to start an online dynasty with named players, who play with the right tendency, in a conference that you slightly customize, you have to wait 8 to 10 weeks after the game's release? It just adds up to a big shit sandwich....literally...like, the tasty bread slices being the excellent gameplay, and the shit cream filling being the glitchy custom playbooks, edited rosters, and custom conferences, which pretty much ruins the taste of the good bread....eh.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Read that then get back to me. Jesus Christ everyone takes everything f'n literally these days
      This, from Captain Spellcheck?
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      My sentiments exactly.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
      I also must laugh, when they say the patch will come out by the end of the month. Once again, I know deadlines are hard to stick to, but I think it would restore a lot of confidence in users if you would give a firm date. If you realistically sit down in your meetings with all these game people at EA, can't they all come up with a date, even if it's not in August. I'm sure there is a lot of pressure to get it out before Madden comes out, but the people that really play NCAA over Madden (me for 1) don't give a stink about Madden's release date. So I can wait for the update, I just find it funny...it seems like they are putting themselves behind the eight-ball again by saying, "by the end of the monty"...that sounds like a producer somewhere pushing too hard and fast...and it leads to the update coming out and things not being fixed and they will say, "well we were rushed to get it out." Take your time, get it right. I understand there is a CUT OFF point where you start working on NCAA 13, so draw a hard line in the sand and decide what will and won't be fixed, then sit down and fix it. Why release 10 patches when 1 will do?
      Do you understand the patch certification process? Once a patch is done, it is out of the developer's hands. All they can do is give an estimate of when Sony/MS will make the patch available.
      JerzeyReign -
      What is going on in this thread? I see diving catches, car talk, halfcourt jesus, virtual Auburn still paying kids... lol... by the way, how far is Maitland from Vancouver?