• NCAA Football 12 - Game Update #2 Details

EA SPORTS has posted a new blog detailing Game Update #2 for NCAA Football 12.

UPDATE - From the NCAA Football 12 Twitter account:

Title Update #2 Update: We have made it through internal certification and now we're waiting on approval from Sony/Microsoft. The update is hitting a bit later than expected because we addressed a few additional stability issues that will improve the experience.

Continue on to see the announced game update contents.

Hey everyone, Ben Haumiller here and I’m happy to officially announce the details on the second Title Update for NCAA Football 12. Unfortunately I can’t give an exact release date, but it currently looks like the Title Update will release before the end of this month. We’ll be sure to keep you posted on the Title Update availability here and on our social channels.

Before getting to the details of the update, I want to take a moment to thank you, the NCAA Football community, for all of your patience and assistance during the past couple of weeks. A great many of you share the same passion for this game as we do, and you did everything possible to help identify issues, and provide the necessary details - not just to help make a game better, but to make your game better. If you are reading this, you are a member of the most dedicated community in gaming, and for that we are truly grateful. Now, on to the details:

Week Advance Anywhere

As a token of our appreciation, we’re happy to announce that as of today “Week Advance Anywhere” on the web is now available for use, and that this feature will be FREE for everyone to use.

Custom Playbooks

With this Title Update the missing play issue that led to a number of problems when using Custom Playbooks has been fixed. Not only is the issue fixed, but you will not need to recreate your playbooks! Any existing playbook will have the fix applied, and you will be able to continue using that playbook without issue.

Tendencies

As with the Custom Playbooks resolution, the fix to the issue of edited player tendencies changing will not negate any previously edited roster file. The fix will be applied to both those existing files, as well as any new roster file that is created.

If you are in a Dynasty or Online Dynasty you will not need to restart as long as your Dynasty is still in year one and you have not advanced past “Training Results” in the off-season. If you are before this point, the update will be applied to your existing Dynasty/Online Dynasty and the tendencies will be correct for all players going forward. If you are in year two and beyond, the tendency issue impact will be less and less as the players graduate/are cut from the rosters.

In addition to the tendencies issue, we have also included both the ability to edit height and weight for players, as well as the option to edit the rosters of CPU controlled teams. In an Online Dynasty the commissioner will have the ability to edit the rosters for other human controlled teams. These were both big requests from you in the community.

Finally, a bug was fixed with the profanity filter that was preventing many common names from being entered. Now, any name can be entered, for offline use. A profanity filter is applied to Online Dynasty when the Dynasty is created. If you prefer to opt out of this filter, you can set the Dynasty to Private and the profanity check will not run.

Freezes/Crashes

A major focus for this Title Update was to address any freezes/crashes that were found. There were a number of these issues fixed in this Title Update including a crash that occurred when there were multiple TeamBuilder teams in an Online Dynasty, as well as a crash that occurred during the downloading of an Online Dynasty file.

Gameplay

Increased the acceleration of QB’s on Speed Option plays.

Improved WR blocking, especially on option plays

Fixed an issue where defenders assigned to play the curl to flat/buzz zone did not engage immediately when the QB scrambles past the LOS.

Fixed an issue where safeties with inside deep ¼ zone would drop back instead of read-and-react on run plays.

Fixed an issue in Nickel Cover 3 where the flat zone defender didn’t move as the QB was running at them.

Fixed an issue with Double Outs from 4-2-5 Normal where the RLB wasn’t blocked properly vs. certain formations.

Highlights

Fixed an issue that caused a blank photo to be uploaded leading to issues with other highlights being uploaded.
    Dynasty

Fixed an issue in Online Dynasty where injured players did not remain injured when the week advanced.

Fixed an issue where a player’s injury time was only reduced by one week when going from Conference Championship week to Bowl Season. Players will now be back for their Bowl game if they should be off of the IR when their bowl game is played.

Fixed an issue where coaches that changed jobs could get stuck in a state where they were still listed as coaching at their old school on the Players Leaving screen, leading to a Transfer Failed issue.

Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented Dynasties from advancing to the post season.

Fixed an issue with the schedule that prevented entering the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game (fixed for both Dynasty and RTG).

Fixed an issue where recruiting related trophies/achievements were not unlocked properly if you signed an extension in that season.

Fixed an issue with Program Stability where the grade would drop from A+ to D+ in one season.

Fixed an issue with the Unlock All Promises PDLC not unlocking properly on the Dynasty website.

When viewing an Online Dynasty invite, added information to show what type of job can be selected by default.

Fixed an issue when in the off-season where player stats did not match up between the web and console.
    RTG

Fixed an issue where CB’s could not audible after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

Fixed an issue where HB’s could not flip the play after earning the ability to do so through Coach Trust.

Fixed an issue where player’s online stats were not displaying promptly on the Online Leaderboards.

That concludes the list of updates that will be included in the second Title Update. Once again, thank you for your continued support, as well as your willingness to help make NCAA Football 12 the best it can be.
    Comments 268 Comments
      morsdraconis -
      Yeah, and, until that happens, actually playing the game is pointless because I can beat pretty much any CPU controlled team with a C rated team. If they actually fixed the AI for the CPU for coach mode, I'd greatly enjoy that mode, but it's so god awful, I can't stand it. Plus, they REALLY need to get rid of the dumb ass camera angle. It makes it pretty much impossible to make any adjustments on the defensive side of the ball because the controls are backwards half the time.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      yeah ... let me knows when it drops. if it ever does. funny thing is, I'll never play NCAA 12 again. Madden 12 isn't perfect, but it's night & day from NCAA.
      oweb26 -
      The man does have a point, so don't take his joy.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
      The man does have a point, so don't take his joy.
      He was bitching about the dumb ass LB leaping shit. I'm talking about something that's for real.
      cdj -
      I've moved all discussion regarding servers and online play to this thread.
      keyser soze -
      server back up... no patch... DOH!
      I OU a Beatn -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      He was bitching about the dumb ass LB leaping shit. I'm talking about something that's for real.
      I've posted multiple videos and images about the BS low trajectory. Some people call it LB super jump, which is wrong, but whatever...it's the same thing. It's definitely real and it's a huge issue. The really stupid thing is that the trajectory is damn near perfect in Madden. I have no doubt it'll be corrected next year, but it was still a pretty odd mess up considering it seemed fine last year.
      GatorBait06NC -
      When they said "before the end of the month" did they specify exactly which month they were speaking of? lol
      GatorBait06NC -
      Quote Originally Posted by MuckyPup View Post
      ya , this is nuts, i'm a patient person , but this is rediculous, I Also play madden and import the draft classes for it from NCAA . Being that Madden moved the import draft classes up from the end of the season to right after the pre-season games. this is really holding both games up for me. Its kewl how madden does have the draft classes early to scout during the season, but in doing so, you have to stay a whole season ahead of madden to do this, which isn't kewl .
      I dont think the tendencies are going to matter at all as far as draft classes go. Their tendency being flip flopped shouldnt affect the players once they are imported into Madden. Which is why i'm going to spend whats left of the weekend working on some good draft classes for Madden. The ability to edit everything about the players mid season and imported classes better reflecting overalls from NCAA, should make for some good classes.

Ive noticed that Western Kentucky isnt a college choice in Madden. So if you get your draft class info from the web and want to incorporate D-2 players in your classes, just create that player for Western KY and they will import into Madden with N/A as their college. Just change it to their real college once they are drafted.

Just some ideas while we wait....
      Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC View Post
      When they said "before the end of the month" did they specify exactly which month they were speaking of? lol
      They said that initially and then they pulled the patch back, worked on some more stuff, retested it and re-submitted it a few weeks later. They didn't tell anyone they pulled it back to avoid the bad press but that's why it's late. It's not a Sony or MS problem as their certification is roughly 2 weeks. It won't be much longer anymore.
      Unconquered -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      I have no doubt it'll be corrected next year, but it was still a pretty odd mess up considering it seemed fine last year.
      Seems to me trajectory is exactly the same as it was in NCAA 11. People were complaining about it then, too. We just notice it more this year because coverage is tighter so you're seeing more passes swatted.

The dev team has to revisit NCAA 06 -- that game had near-perfect pass trajectory, point of release and ball rotation.
      hawkeyeguy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      They said that initially and then they pulled the patch back, worked on some more stuff, retested it and re-submitted it a few weeks later. They didn't tell anyone they pulled it back to avoid the bad press but that's why it's late. It's not a Sony or MS problem as their certification is roughly 2 weeks. It won't be much longer anymore.
      So you're saying sometime in 2011? :-)
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
      Seems to me trajectory is exactly the same as it was in NCAA 11. People were complaining about it then, too. We just notice it more this year because coverage is tighter so you're seeing more passes swatted.

The dev team has to revisit NCAA 06 -- that game had near-perfect pass trajectory, point of release and ball rotation.
      Agreed on all counts.
      keyser soze -
      Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
      I've posted multiple videos and images about the BS low trajectory. Some people call it LB super jump, which is wrong, but whatever...it's the same thing. It's definitely real and it's a huge issue. The really stupid thing is that the trajectory is damn near perfect in Madden. I have no doubt it'll be corrected next year, but it was still a pretty odd mess up considering it seemed fine last year.
      Any idea why altering LB Jump rating effects this then?

We are now in season 5 of our dynasty and the game plays differently. The CPU DBs cover more ground and make more impossible interceptions unfortunately. I have seen backside LBs intercept my slot post route when they have their backs to my receiver, trail him by 15 yards and somehow EASILY beat my WR to the pass. So I can either dart it in there and watch the MLB pick it off or I can put some air under it and watch someone run it down as if my WR is in quicksand.... It has gotten to the point that the ONLY passes I can throw are against blitzes and to the uncovered guy....
      psusnoop -
      EA just put out a server side update, I posted a new thread in General Discussion.
      GatorBait06NC -
      First it was the end of August, then I hear Sept 7th. When is this patch going to drop??? Any word? Game came out on July 12th, this is getting a little old.
      Pig Bomb -
      dammit... every single time someone posts in here i think the patch has dropped! ugh!! Texas A&M will be in the SEC before this dang patch drops!
      GatorBait06NC -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
      dammit... every single time someone posts in here i think the patch has dropped! ugh!! Texas A&M will be in the SEC before this dang patch drops!
      Yeah its getting rediculously absurd on many levels. Sad thing is that no one knows what area of gameplay the patch might have broken. They need to seriously start thinking about not releasing a game each year. So they can perfect the features that are in the current build. Ive seen so many issues with online dynasty that I really dont even think that the mode needs to be in the game. Road to Glory too, the playcalling is so brutally bad in RTG that it is an insult and a disgrace to the game of football. Online Dynasties and Road to Glory are GREAT concepts, done by a company that just simply cannot get them right or realistic. And people wonder why others constantly bash EA.
      morsdraconis -
      (shrugs)

I'm really not that worried about it. I've actually been having a bit of fun in a dynasty with WVU and just simming all the games that are closely matched or overmatched in my favor and just playing the games where it's likely that I could lose (like LSU this year) all the while just doing recruiting outside of the occasional game. It's, sadly, the most fun I've had with the game since before I figured out how to totally annihilate the CPU in the passing game.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC View Post
      Yeah its getting rediculously absurd on many levels. Sad thing is that no one knows what area of gameplay the patch might have broken. They need to seriously start thinking about not releasing a game each year. So they can perfect the features that are in the current build. Ive seen so many issues with online dynasty that I really dont even think that the mode needs to be in the game. Road to Glory too, the playcalling is so brutally bad in RTG that it is an insult and a disgrace to the game of football. Online Dynasties and Road to Glory are GREAT concepts, done by a company that just simply cannot get them right or realistic. And people wonder why others constantly bash EA.

Since you clearly didn't see this post on the 29th of August I thought it would be best to just refresh things here.