• NCAA Football 12 Review Central

The review embargo has been lifted and we will start to see reviews pouring in over the weekend for NCAA Football 12. The first review is in from Game Informer. We'll update this posting as new reviews are posted. Continue after the break to see their score and a link to their review.

GameInformer - 9/10
    The year after a championship can be tricky. You may be the team to beat, but you still have a long road ahead of you as you try to recapture that magic. Last year, EA came out with a great college football product that captured the feeling of the sport. NCAA 12 builds upon NCAA 11 with a list of improvements, but how much better is it?

PastaPadre Impressions
    NCAA Football 12 has experienced its share of ups and downs in the lead-up to its Tuesday release. The series continues to present one of the strongest feature sets amongst sports games and comes off a well-regarded iteration. It has stumbled in the last month or so however as EA Sports committed several missteps that hampered anticipation levels and followed that with notable indications of desperation on their part to build back some excitement. After spending an extensive amount of time already with NCAA Football 12 here are my initial impressions of the offering with more coverage to follow over the coming days.

IGN - 8.5
    College is many things to many people, but my four years at Mizzou were defined by football. Faurot Field, the colors black and gold, and waking up at 5 a.m. to be at the tailgate spot long before kickoff are the memories that define my college experience. If you're an NCAA football fan, chances are you have some kind of memory similar to this -- college is all about tradition, and that's what NCAA Football 12 brings to the forefront this year alongside a bunch of other bells and whistles.
    NCAA Football 12 is EA Sports and developer Tiburon's latest stab at boiling down one of America's most revered pastimes to something you can play in your living room. Luckily for players, NCAA Football 12 is great at this. It takes all the teams, stadiums, fight songs as well as pomp and circumstance we'd expect and shoves it on a disc for you to enjoy.

Planet XBOX 360 - 9.4
    It’s that time of year again, where the fans and alumni from rival schools around the country are getting fired up for the upcoming season. No its not College Football season yet, but it is time for EA Sports to release their annual NCAA Football series. NCAA Football 12 is the copulation from 5 years of football games from EA Sports and Tiburon team on the Xbox 360. This year’s game is the Gold at the end of the rainbow for College Football fans as NCAA Football 12 looks to knock out any thought fans may have about buying the game annually

Game-Boyz - 9.0
    Every year it appears as though EA Sports NCAA Football game is gaining more and more in the popularity department. It has come to the point where many, including myself, view the game to be on par with EA Sports’ Madden Football game. Last year, NCAA Football 11 managed to accurately capture the American college football experience in all its glory. Life like players, booming marching band sounds, and a highly enjoyable virtual football experience made for a game which was truly a must own, not only for NCAA fans, but for all football in general. Long since considered a game meant to wet your appetite before the yearly Madden installment arrives, EA Sports NCAA Football is back and looking to grow on last year’s success. After some time spent with EA Sports' latest installment in the College Football franchise (the Xbox 360 version), there is no question it delivers and the game has been improved on many levels. But is this enough? Read on to find out.

We'll continue to update this posting as new reviews are released.
    Comments 67 Comments
      morsdraconis -
      Gamespot is HORRIBLE for review purposes. They constantly get paid to put up great reviews of big games and will purposely put bad reviews of games that are competition to those games. Gamespot is a fuckin' joke of a site for review purposes.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
      GameSpot gave the game a 7, and here's why:

"And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immerse experience."

It sounds like the guy played about two games and lost both and hated it.
      LMFAO! There's another glitch in the game where when I score a touchdown, it gives me 6 points instead of 7. Then they make me kick a field goal and I don't even get 3 points for it! 2 out of 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      LMFAO! There's another glitch in the game where when I score a touchdown, it gives me 6 points instead of 7. Then they make me kick a field goal and I don't even get 3 points for it! 2 out of 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That happens to me too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      That happens to me too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      Me too. Way to really screw the pooch on this one EA! You guys are horrible at creating games!

cdj -
      GameSpot has added a note to the review:

Editor's Note: This review previously contained incorrect information about receivers' routes appearing as squiggly lines. What we believed to be a glitch is, in fact, a feature to show how nervous a quarterback is. GameSpot regrets the error.
      morsdraconis -
      bdoughty -
      Gamepot is not even worth looking at for sports reviews. This is the same group that fired Jeff Gerstman for his critical review of Kane and Lynch. A review that pissed of Eidos who had been pushing the game heavily with advertising money at Gamespot.