• NCAA Football 12 Demo - Share Your Impressions

The NCAA Football 12 demo is available today on both the X-Box Live Marketplace and the PlayStation Network.

The two demo match-ups feature Alabama vs. Florida State and Oregon vs. Texas. Sharing the demo with a friend will unlock five Nike Pro-Combat uniforms for use in the retail version of the game.

After downloading and playing the demo, share your thoughts and impressions here with the community.
    Comments 441 Comments
      shockscape -
      Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone6700 View Post
      I took July 12 & 13 off work to get a good binge out of my system so I'll try to be as productive as possible until then -- I'm sure it will fly by. Playing defense was so much more rewarding than in years past. I'm even considering starting my carousel career as a defensive coordinator.
      I took the whole week of July 11 off for NCAA Football 12. Can't wait!! I also have enjoyed playing defense in the demo than in the previous games. I was thinking about a defensive coordinator spot too!
      Sgt USMC 68 -
      A few things of note that could be issues specific to the demo:
      •The CPU chooses to kickoff every time
      •I did not get any ‘Game Tracks’ though some have reported seeing them.
      •Post-game auto screenshots are still pretty poor in what they capture.
      •The controller rumbles after breaking the huddle on offense.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sgt USMC 68 View Post
      •The CPU chooses to kickoff every time
      •Post-game auto screenshots are still pretty poor in what they capture.
      90% of teams in real life that win the coin toss defer... so that is done on purpose.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
      gschwendt -
      Most often that's because you moved the joystick around as they're breaking the huddle so the game begins to think you have control of the QB... then as the huddle is breaking up, your QB is bumping into his teammates. Not saying it couldn't/shouldn't be fixed, just giving an explanation for what I believe it is.

As well, JB is right, the CPU should choose to kickoff the vast majority of the time.
      Pig Bomb -

1- i've had Game Tracks in ever game I've played after half time.

2- when the QB gets rattled it will rumble as well
      souljahbill -
      I've played a few games and these are the things I can remember off the top of my head.

1) The developers weren't kidding about taking away the flats. They're covered instantly.

2) I already couldn't pass before but with zone being good, I'll be even more dependent on the run.

3) Speaking of the run, no suction tackling makes running much easier if people actually block.

4) Alabama #3 and Oregon #21 are REALLY good. They ran crazy on me.

5) I can't wait to make my own playbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      jaymo76 -
      In three of my last four demo games on PS3 the game has frozen with a white screen during the 3rd quarter highlights... please tell me this is the demo and not my system....
      CLW -
      FINALLY starting to settle in and got my net today. Fired up the PS3 and downloaded the demo. Only got 2 games in tonight both on Heisman both ended 10-7 on last second scores. I think the game is pretty solid right now and looks/feels like a VERY polished version of NCAA 11.

There were quite a few "little" things that I liked. CPU faked snapped and sometimes false started; the presentation looked allot better and the animations just looked better.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      In three of my last four demo games on PS3 the game has frozen with a white screen during the 3rd quarter highlights... please tell me this is the demo and not my system....
      Yes. I've seen other complaints of the same thing. I haven't seen it (nor heard it reported) in the retail game.
      jaymo76 -
      After 10 demo games there is no doubt that ZONE D and Man D (both hum and cpu) are vastly improved. In some ways, they may be overdone. Slants and flats are nearly impossible if the cpu is pressing/jamming. I have never been the best at passing so I will need to play with the sliders on retail.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      After 10 demo games there is no doubt that ZONE D and Man D (both hum and cpu) are vastly improved. In some ways, they may be overdone. Slants and flats are nearly impossible if the cpu is pressing/jamming. I have never been the best at passing so I will need to play with the sliders on retail.
      Zone D is definitely improved but man D appears to be worse, at least to me it does. Granted, I've been playing a lot as Texas against a superior Oregon team yet, to me, man d hasn't been nearly as effective as zone coverage.

Also, Oregon FS #20 is a white Ed Reed. He gets at least 1 pick every game against me. He even got this one pick where he basically ran all the across the field to get it. The Oregon secondary seems to have better hands the the Texas receiving core. The only guy I can seem to depend on is TE #87.

souljahbill -
      I BLOCKED A PUNT!!!!

Granted, I was Alabama and Florida St. was punting from their own 1-yard line but still in all, it happened. It was the play of the game (I won 5-0 on AA difficulty).

Something else I'm learning: I get better results running up the middle then to the outside. If I try to go outside, it's usually for a minimal gain if not for a lost yet I break big runs up the gut all the time.

Also, I REALLY suck at passing now. I was never a passing guru but I can barely pass at all now. If the retail version is harder then the demo then I may be back to playing on Varsity.

souljahbill -
      Guess I won't be playing on Varsity after all. I beat an Oregon team who I STRUGGLE with on AA 21-0 on Varsity. It's unfortunate because I was actually able to throw the ball better. I wasn't lighting the sky on fire or anything as I'm still a bad passer but I was at least better.

souljahbill -
      Anyone who has no problems passing or think it's too easy, I bow to you. I just can't do it on AA. I can complete one every now and then but I bet my passing percentage is below 50% and I have way more picks then TDs.

RTCVT -
      I just had my best game of the demo, won 21-0 with Oregon, LMJ had almost 250 yards rushing including 3 70+ yard TD runs. The best part about the runs? Three different plays, Wing Offset Wk HB Counter, Wing Offset Wk Buck Sweep, and Wing Offset HB Toss. Which is awesome because HB Counter and Toss out of the offset formations would have been 5 yard losses last year
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Anyone who has no problems passing or think it's too easy, I bow to you. I just can't do it on AA. I can complete one every now and then but I bet my passing percentage is below 50% and I have way more picks then TDs.

I'm with you brother. I can't pass well in 12 for the life of me. The zones close so quicky and it seems like everytime I pass the DB's speed to the area and jump to block the incoming pass. I am still seeing far, far too many passes blocked by leaping LB's (especially #11) for Florida. I am going to need serious, serious slider tweeks to "dumb/slow" down cpu coverage.
      I OU a Beatn -
      Is anyone alarmed by the rate at which the CPU is able to recover onside kicks? They're up around 80% on recovering their onside kicks against me.
      oweb26 -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post

I played this morning and had around 200 pass yards. I can rea slants and digs like no ones business plau the CPU always tips there depth of zone.
      Bushido Brown -
      I've been able to pass pretty well with Oregon, not so well with other teams. Seam routes need to be fixed. More times than not, if you audible your TE or Z receiver to a seem route, he will get past the LBs and safeties.
      Bushido Brown -
      Quote Originally Posted by RTCVT View Post
      I just had my best game of the demo, won 21-0 with Oregon, LMJ had almost 250 yards rushing including 3 70+ yard TD runs. The best part about the runs? Three different plays, Wing Offset Wk HB Counter, Wing Offset Wk Buck Sweep, and Wing Offset HB Toss. Which is awesome because HB Counter and Toss out of the offset formations would have been 5 yard losses last year
      What level?