• Announcing the Farewell to NCAA Football 11 Tournament

In an effort to say good-bye to NCAA Football 11, we'll be holding a site-wide tournament. Additionally, due to the outage of the PSN network at the time, this will serve in place of the tournament we had planned for our one year anniversary. Just a fun tournament, this will help us test our newly implemented tournaments & ladder system for the forum and give us a taste of something of the things we hope to do in the next year for NCAA Football 12.

We have tournaments for both the PS3 and the 360. To register for the PS3 tournament or for the 360 tournament, click the link for the tournament you want to join and then below the description, you'll see a button to "Join Tournament", click it to join.

The tournament will kickoff on Friday at midnight. The matchups will be drawn at random. Players are expected to play with basic fair play standards, I think most of us understand that but if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Games will be played as ranked games using 5 minute quarters, teams will be up to the two users to decide... if you both want to use powerhouses, feel free; if you both want to use cupcake teams, feel free.

As mentioned, this is a Farewell to NCAA Football 11, One Year Anniversary, and Test Tournament all rolled into one. We hope to do more with this throughout the next year including not only tournaments but also a year-long ladder system. Let us know any feedback as we progress through the tournament but let's have fun with it and best of luck to everyone.
    Comments 120 Comments
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      LOL Steelerfan, I want you as my first draw and we'll play around 4am EST if that works for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
      JBHuskers -
      LOL Steelerfan, I want you as my first draw and we'll play around 4am EST if that works for you.
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

morsdraconis -
      Please record that game/conversation.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      Please record that game/conversation.
      Now that would be an instant classic no matter what the game may say,
      psusnoop -
      I could completely see this getting into the third quarter and Steelerfan mention that he hasn't made a ****ing putt all round.
      JBHuskers -
      I could completely see this getting into the third quarter and Steelerfan mention that he hasn't made a ****ing putt all round.
      Uhhhhhh Matt, you're playing football, not golf.
      steelerfan -

SmoothPancakes -
      I thought about joining this for the 360 side, unfortunately, it won't be happening as Madden 11 and NCAA 11 are both getting shipped out tomorrow to get traded in.
      Escobar -
      I joined. Let's see if I can repeat as the champ for the PS3 tourney
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
      I joined. Let's see if I can repeat as the champ for the PS3 tourney
      Not so fast, I will not be defeated this time damn that game still haunts me.
      Details -
      I'm in. I can also be reached on twitter for scheduling.
      Paxtin -
      I signed up! Excited to play some of you guys! I can record games as well!
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paxtin View Post
      I signed up! Excited to play some of you guys! I can record games as well!
      Welcome Paxtin, long time no talk (since MLB 09 maybe?)
      Paxtin -
      Yeah it has probably been that long!
      Rudy -
      Alright, I joined up on the PS3 side. I have barely played in 6 months and expect to get my butt kicked.

Are we playing default AA? Can I set up some depth charts before we start? Do we all pick one team for the entire tourney?
      Dr Death -
      I just finished playing BearTide and he was and I was and I beat him 36-25. I trailed at half 15-17 and rallied for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheffield was 26 of 31 for 402 and 5 TD passes! I am posting this as proof that I have finally beaten BearTide. I will either join the tournament or retire altogether!
      beartide06 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      I just finished playing BearTide and he was and I was and I beat him 36-25. I trailed at half 15-17 and rallied for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheffield was 26 of 31 for 402 and 5 TD passes! I am posting this as proof that I have finally beaten BearTide. I will either join the tournament or retire altogether!
      Oh lord... here we go lol. it was a good game, that TO killed me and then it wouldn't have looked so bad had i not had my last two TD's negated because of holding... all thanks to my RT both times GOOD GAME! i like the competition.
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      Oh lord... here we go lol. it was a good game, that TO killed me and then it wouldn't have looked so bad had i not had my last two TD's negated because of holding... all thanks to my RT both times GOOD GAME! i like the competition.
      I have to gloat dude. I think this makes me 1-27 against you! I've already called Sports Illustrated for a feature article!

And those TD's were called back w/ :15 and :09 left in the game... so it would have still been nearly impossible to win. But yes, it was a great game. My first TD, the missed XP is me getting used to playing on-line again. I made the FG as time ran out in the first half, but my kickoffs still suck because of the lag.

I looked at the stats... we each had 14 first downs and you had 445 total yards, I had 444 and the SS score was 125-120... all in all, a good and even game. But I won!!!

If you win the rematch I won't be on here at all!
      beartide06 -
      Haha I see. Yeah they were called back, but it wouldn't have looked as bad lol. Your QB was unstoppable. We will have our rematch at 930 pm central time tonight! lol.
      Justin66 -
      almost beat paxtin with a sorry team in an OD game awhile back would like to play with even teams in the tournament an see what happens (: