• NCAA Football 12 Demo Full Details Announced

The NCAA Football 12 demo will be available on June 28 featuring two match-ups: Oregon at Texas and Alabama at Florida State.

The demo will contain two match-ups and allow users to unlock five 2010 Nike Pro-Combat uniforms (Miami, Boise State, Florida, Oregon State, Alabama) for use in the retail version of the game. Sharing the demo with friends will unlock these uniforms. [Additional 2010 Nike Pro-Combat uniforms will be available at launch for EB Games/GameStop pre-orders and made accessible for all later in the year.]

The demo will feature four two-minute quarters for each game with selectable difficulty levels. As well, the demo will support the live tuner packs to help the demo feel more like the retail version of the game.

Click here to view archived video of the uSTREAM event where in addition to demo information, Road to Glory designer Alex Howell answers questions about the mode.

Comments 164 Comments
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      I'd rather have the UStream event with actual footage of the demo to go with the release of the details than a short, nondescript blog plainly stating that information. Hard to turn down video footage at this point in the pre-release cycle.

Welcome to the era of social media; now companies measure "impressions" of their products which can be tracked through data. A key way to do this is to count the number of "likes" on Facebook or "followers" on Twitter. It might not be a golden age of advertising or marketing, but this is where the social media revolution has led us; sad to say this, but I think we're all going to have to get used to it.

The problem with Q&A sessions is that--as is fairly clear from the questions selected to be answered--they're really focused on people who are casual fans of the game. The person who checks a site like this one every day is probably not the key target of a Q&A session; you have ways to get this information without sitting through a Q&A.

Madden NFL 12's marketing plan has gone the same way this year, except all of the blogs on a given topic are uploaded on a single given day. It's hard to measure the flow of information when it's a yearly development cycle and some people are jonesing for news on next year's game as soon as they've booted up this year's. I would rather have "info weeks" spread out through the pre-release time period than have too much or too little information far from the release date.
      I understand why they did/do everything they did/do. I'm just a fan of it. Take the blog issue. Last year, it would've been 5 blogs over 5 weeks. That gave the community an entire week to discuss that blog, pros and cons, and get more feedback. Take the "new blocking" blog from last year. We got the blog and we got a video comparing '11 to '10. After reading the blog and watching the video, we could all see that it was improved and we had an entire week for it to be dissected and discussed. This year, it was a blitz. Before we could digest one thing, we got hit with another.

I'm never against any video footage but we could get that in an short, nondescript blog just as easily. Here are your matchups, your options, what it unlocks, and whatever nuggets they want to add in. Making an appointment to be on UStream for info on a demo seems like a lot of overkill. Because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I'm not angry or mad or anything. I just don't like how the marketing campaign went this year compared to last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I'm not angry or mad or anything. I just don't like how the marketing campaign went this year compared to last year.
      On some points I'm in agreement with you with regards to how I feel about the marketing and advertisement; I guess one of the points of my prior message was that whether or not you were a fan of how the game was handled this year versus how NCAA Football 11 was marketed, you're more likely to see NCAA Football 13 marketed the same way that NCAA Football 12 is being marketed when the cycle begins anew next year. A large part of this is due to the social media options and companies wanting to take advantage of those opportunities to get their products out there.
      iBrandon -
      I don't like the way they are giving out information, but I understand it. I manily don't like the process because these "event's" are done during most peoples work hours.
      Geauxlden -
      I'm not a fan of this year's marketing either. I understand that they want more "likes" and followers, but I think those numbers would be greater if they were actually using Facebook and Twitter to release new info on a regular basis. I think they could easily grow their numbers by releasing screens of every team's impact players (each wearing a different uniform combo if possible) each day until release day. They could count it down from worst to first. Or show a quarter of game play for each of the trophy-earning rivalry games that way you're attracting fans from 2 different schools each day. I'm not a marketing expert obviously but I think there are other ways to promote the game and still reach their social media objectives.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Geauxlden View Post
      I'm not a fan of this year's marketing either. I understand that they want more "likes" and followers, but I think those numbers would be greater if they were actually using Facebook and Twitter to release new info on a regular basis. I think they could easily grow their numbers by releasing screens of every team's impact players (each wearing a different uniform combo if possible) each day until release day. They could count it down from worst to first. Or show a quarter of game play for each of the trophy-earning rivalry games that way you're attracting fans from 2 different schools each day. I'm not a marketing expert obviously but I think there are other ways to promote the game and still reach their social media objectives.
      While I think it's a really great idea and would really get behind it, I can see them not liking the idea because there are certain qualifications that they try to take into consideration in every screenshot they release. To release 360 images would probably take someone a dedicated week just to capture the images at best. Unless of course you just captured them in the "Edit Player" window but then people will complain that they're not using the in-game engine to capture images.
      Geauxlden -
      I understand that what I suggest may not be feasible but my overall point is that more released content using the social networks will increase the numbers, not holding content hostage until you reach a magic number. " Build it and they will come".
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by iBrandon View Post
      I manily don't like the process because these "event's" are done during most peoples work hours.
      Well, most of the community/social media people probably work day hours; I'd guess that's why this is the way it is.

I don't think you want a UStream event hosted by a guy who has been developing the game for 10 hours of the day already and has a cot ready under his desk so that he doesn't have to bother going home when he's too tired to code anymore haha.
      JBHuskers -
      The first disc has arrived to Tiburon!

mtoo22 -
      And here....we....go.
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      The first disc has arrived to Tiburon!

Can I have that?
      iBrandon -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      Well, most of the community/social media people probably work day hours; I'd guess that's why this is the way it is.

I don't think you want a UStream event hosted by a guy who has been developing the game for 10 hours of the day already and has a cot ready under his desk so that he doesn't have to bother going home when he's too tired to code anymore haha.
      Good points and I didn't even think about.

I want that NCAA disk.
      Rudy -
      The new marketing is all a big part of Peter Moore's vision that social media and online gaming is where it's at. Moore isn't interested in any offline only game anymore and thinks free-to-play models, digital distribution, and all this new stuff will take over everything.
      PeteyKirch -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      While I think it's a really great idea and would really get behind it, I can see them not liking the idea because there are certain qualifications that they try to take into consideration in every screenshot they release. To release 360 images would probably take someone a dedicated week just to capture the images at best. Unless of course you just captured them in the "Edit Player" window but then people will complain that they're not using the in-game engine to capture images.
      It wouldn't take that long, 120 teams, 60 games, you could capture the pictures no more than a few minutes into each game.
      Details -
      I'm ready for the demo. The 28th will be a holiday.

xMrHitStickx904 -
      it won't be long now..
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Details View Post
      I'm ready for the demo. The 28th will be a holiday.

Gonna be quite the busy day around here I'm guessing.
      razorback44 -
      Sorry if it's already been asked but are you guys going to be getting the game early again like last year? I think being able to bounce questions off of you guys was the single best way ever to get through the agonizingly slow crawl of the days up until release day.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by razorback44 View Post
      Sorry if it's already been asked but are you guys going to be getting the game early again like last year? I think being able to bounce questions off of you guys was the single best way ever to get through the agonizingly slow crawl of the days up until release day.
      It actually hasn't been asked and that's a very good question and I completely agree.
      gschwendt -
      Wish we could say.
      JBHuskers -
      We'll know probably the day before it shows up in our mailbox. Until then it's up to when they're (meaning the retail games) ready to go.