• NCAA Football 12: 24-Minute Challenge

This afternoon at E3 2011, EA SPORTS held the ‘NCAA Football 12 24-Minute Challenge’ where they answered your questions (via Twitter and Facebook) about NCAA Football 12 in a 24 minute span. Facebook comments with the most ‘Likes' and Twitter questions that get retweeted with the #easportse3 hashtag were in the pool of potential questions that were taken to the producers & developers.

Continue on to see all of the questions and video responses.

What changes have you made to teambuilder?

Can we make subs during no-huddle?

Can you set up neutral site games in Dynasty Mode?

What new stadiums are in the game?

Will progression be more effective after the season?

With the new tackle button, will there be breakdown animations?

Any changes to how recruits are generated and progressed?

Comments 49 Comments
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Yep at this point its demo time and the rest is just overkill.

From what I can tell at this point 12 = 11.5 but nothing really substantially improved to change your opinion. If you liked 11 and want a "roster update" you will like 12. If you didn't don't feel like paying for a "roster update" you won't like 12.
      CLDUB.... DUDE I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS AT ALL.

Also FYI this is exactly what was said about 11 from 10. And it was not at all true. Remember, after 11 dropped last season for 1/3 of the community Fully customizable custom PB's was ALL they needed to take this game over the top, for 1/3 more CC was all they needed, and for the final 1/3 improved zones and suction was all they needed to see to make 12 A NEXT LEVEL GREAT GAME! And then for other sites it was dreads...

Homie...we got ALL of those and much much more! More online integration for ODs (including essentially an entirely new game mode online!), better aesthetics (including lighting, grass, new crowd sound files and size from real games, band and a BROADCAST CAM), AI improvements that we've been waiting on for years (both dynasty and in game), 150+ NEW PLAYS AND FORMATIONS!

And that's just like 1/2 of it. Look at the NCAA 12 Info Central link at the top of the page and you can see that this is NOT 11.5. At all.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I can see where people are coming from with that line of thinking, but that also negates Coaching Carousel & Custom Playbooks - which were the top two community requests. Those alone are pretty significant changes, in addition to the new tackle & collision system (you have to play it to appreciate it) and the improved zone defense.

EDIT - Not trying to railroad you, CLW. The "11.5" talk seems to have started from E3 previews and it's taken off somewhat.
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      So NCAA Football 11 + Coaching Carousel + Custom Playbooks + Enhanced Tackling + Everything Else only = NCAA Football 11.5?

Yikes.
      Quote Originally Posted by iBrandon View Post
      So because there are no "huge" announcements and items of concern (although still some issues) are fixed, this game is NCAA 11.5?
      I am talking strictly in terms of gameplay when I refer to 11.5. I am aware of (and HUGE fan of) Carousel and Custom Playbooks.

That being said, when you get onto the field (which is what most of us will spend the VAST majority of our time doing with the game) it really appears to me to be only minor/cosmetic improvements compared to 11. Despite its flaws I ENJOYED 11. However, I was really hoping for more defense than I saw in the videos. From what I saw, it doesn't look like the yards/points are going to be any less frequent then they were before.
      Paakaa10 -
      However, I was really hoping for more defense than I saw in the videos. From what I saw, it doesn't look like the yards/points are going to be any less frequent then they were before.
      To be fair, between the two videos uploaded we're talking less than two quarters worth of play. All of the teams involved were ranked teams with tough offenses. And each game was human-versus-human, on an uncertain build--nobody knows for sure what stage it's taken from--with no clues given with regards to the AI difficulty level.

I know people are going to say I'm making excuses; that's fine. I know what I've played.

When the demo is out, and more videos are out there and people can play the game for themselves; then we can start worrying about whether the game does or does not live up to what's been said so far.
      ryby6969 -
      I am talking strictly in terms of gameplay when I refer to 11.5. I am aware of (and HUGE fan of) Carousel and Custom Playbooks.

That being said, when you get onto the field (which is what most of us will spend the VAST majority of our time doing with the game) it really appears to me to be only minor/cosmetic improvements compared to 11. Despite its flaws I ENJOYED 11. However, I was really hoping for more defense than I saw in the videos. From what I saw, it doesn't look like the yards/points are going to be any less frequent then they were before.
      I agree from what we have been given as far as live gameplay footage.
      cdj -
      What new stadiums are in the game?

CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      To be fair, between the two videos uploaded we're talking less than two quarters worth of play. All of the teams involved were ranked teams with tough offenses. And each game was human-versus-human, on an uncertain build--nobody knows for sure what stage it's taken from--with no clues given with regards to the AI difficulty level.

I know people are going to say I'm making excuses; that's fine. I know what I've played.

When the demo is out, and more videos are out there and people can play the game for themselves; then we can start worrying about whether the game does or does not live up to what's been said so far.
      Those are fair points. All I can say/opine is about what I have seen (which is admittedly brief between two crappy players).

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
      I agree from what we have been given as far as live gameplay footage.
      That's all I am saying. IF these two short videos are fair and accurate representation of the final product (NCAA 12) defense did NOT get enough attention/focus/improvement IMHO b/c I saw points and yards all over the place despite the claim of improved zone defense.
      Tarhead10 -
      I didnt know Cal was renovating there stadium.... Saw in one of the trailers that Kenan Stadium didnt get the Blue Zone in, but it isnt finished yet, so that might be why...
      ryby6969 -
      My main hope for NCAA 12 is that every game does not turn into throw it for 300+ yards because you can. In 11, I knew going into almost every U v U game that it would end up being a pass fest because it is damn near impossible to stop if you are playing someone who is willing to "take what the defense gives you". What is really disheartening is if you have a defense with AA at every position, and they play like JV players when it comes to pass D. I don't want to have to keep calling man to man D, I want to be able to call zone and be confident that it can stop the offense with out me doing everything myself.

It is only 2 quarters and I am not in panic mode, but it did make me say hmmm.
      cdj -
      Will progression be more effective after the season?

cdj -
      With the new tackle button, will there be breakdown animations?

CLW -
      My main hope for NCAA 12 is that every game does not turn into throw it for 300+ yards because you can. In 11, I knew going into almost every U v U game that it would end up being a pass fest because it is damn near impossible to stop if you are playing someone who is willing to "take what the defense gives you". What is really disheartening is if you have a defense with AA at every position, and they play like JV players when it comes to pass D. I don't want to have to keep calling man to man D, I want to be able to call zone and be confident that it can stop the offense with out me doing everything myself.

What you didn't enjoy our 64-62 5 OT game that ended when your D "stopped" me by my guy getting tackled 1 yard or less short on a 2 Pt Conv?
      ryby6969 -
      What you didn't enjoy our 64-62 5 OT game that ended when your D "stopped" me by my guy getting tackled 1 yard or less short on a 2 Pt Conv?
      Only because I won!
      ram29jackson -

its a videoGAME, there will never be a game designed where a 14-10 score will be considered great or a big seller. Thats why this site exists, so you can find guys to play who dont play like 14 year olds, but the game itself is designed to be fun, not a football logic exercise
      cdj -
      Any changes to how recruits are generated and progressed?

ryby6969 -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      its a videoGAME, there will never be a game designed where a 14-10 score will be considered great or a big seller. Thats why this site exists, so you can find guys to play who dont play like 14 year olds, but the game itself is designed to be fun, not a football logic exercise
      Ummm, I play against guys on this site. It is designed to be a SIM experience. At least that is what we are told, maybe you know something I don't.
      Pig Bomb -
      those were actually some decent questions in the 24 min deal
      JeffHCross -
      Psst ... E3 2011, not 2001 in the original post

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      Plenty of us like defense too, ram.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
      those were actually some decent questions in the 24 min deal
      That's what I was thinking. Some excellent questions asked. They did a good job of filtering out the stupid ones and releasing some more in depth information.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Psst ... E3 2011, not 2001 in the original post

Plenty of us like defense too, ram.
      of course, so do I . I'm just stating the obvious
      ram29jackson -
      Ummm, I play against guys on this site. It is designed to be a SIM experience. At least that is what we are told, maybe you know something I don't.
      its designed to be a SIM-fun experience...when you play other sim guys you will of course play within certain unwritten rules to make it sim..but you can still make up 21 points in last 2 and half minutes when behind if needed because its a game that high school kids make up the majority of sales...no one wants an actual sim, you would hardly ever win a game or get big highlight plays. I'm not bashing anything, I like football and want it to play as close to real within reason, but the game has to be for the common fan as well as the hardcore football nut or no money is made